Stanley Cup Final: WSH vs VGK

conundrumed

Which team will take it?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win? Comment how many games.

• Washington
    • Vegas

Eller has been amazing in the playoffs, and still not bad in the regular season (where for about a 2 week stretch near the AllStar Break, his line was outscoring Ovi's line). 

Oshie has been fired up, and he has pretty much put a couple games away himself, he's also cost the caps a couple times (like last nights stupid crosscheck penalty. As much as I feel like that was a bit of a dive, it was a stupid play that still would have been called either way).

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Khrox said:

Eller has been amazing in the playoffs, and still not bad in the regular season (where for about a 2 week stretch near the AllStar Break, his line was outscoring Ovi's line). 

Oshie has been fired up, and he has pretty much put a couple games away himself, he's also cost the caps a couple times (like last nights stupid crosscheck penalty. As much as I feel like that was a bit of a dive, it was a stupid play that still would have been called either way).

I thought that Oshie call was weak. Could be argued he just got up and was going hard to the net and the dman was in his lane.

Well, that's game 3 in the books. Ovi tied the Caps franchise records for single playoff goals (14), and scored the first goal in a home win in the finals. Kuzy back from injury, assisted Ovi's goal and had the first home game winner in the finals. It's looked good. Vegas is really looking like they are struggling against a team that plays as physical as the Caps do. Also, has anyone else been noticing how much focus on his Defensive play that Ovi has been putting in? You're seeing 1-2 big blocked shots a game, and he's been forcing turnovers with his physicality as well. It's great.

Kuznetzov is some hockey player. I recall his rookie season there were stories about him being kind ditzy/not serious enough.

What a player he is now.

I'm really hoping the Caps take it as we watch Ovi getting more emotional with each passing game. We all know that glorious shot, but he's going 100% all over the ice and showing what it takes.

They played one heck of a team game last night.

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Kuznetzov is some hockey player. I recall his rookie season there were stories about him being kind ditzy/not serious enough.

What a player he is now.

I'm really hoping the Caps take it as we watch Ovi getting more emotional with each passing game. We all know that glorious shot, but he's going 100% all over the ice and showing what it takes.

They played one heck of a team game last night.

I have to be honest, I have never really cared for Ovi, part of it was that I was always on the side of Crosby in the whole Crosby vs Ovechkin thing (I grew up in Halifax and lived in Cole Harbour for awhile), the other reason was that I thought Ovechkin cared more about scoring goals than he did about winning. He is changing my opinion this year.

6 hours ago, JTech780 said:

I have to be honest, I have never really cared for Ovi, part of it was that I was always on the side of Crosby in the whole Crosby vs Ovechkin thing (I grew up in Halifax and lived in Cole Harbour for awhile), the other reason was that I thought Ovechkin cared more about scoring goals than he did about winning. He is changing my opinion this year.

I've heard some interesting stories. Trotz telling Ovi to skate equally hard in all zones, don't just hit 4th liners, hit important players.

Also, Kuznetzov does the bird celly for his 4yo daughter because she loves it.

Jesus old guy Cherry, you used to do this to Ovi too.

As fans, we love the cellys, stop calling it hot dogging. No one cares what you would do when you played in 1927.

Stop being a grumpy geezer. You'd squeeze all of the fun out if you could, god knows you try.

I like Cherry, but I've never liked his disdain for Russian players. Guess what Don, they're not good Canadian kids that play this way too serious game.

It looks like hockey is equal parts fun and enthusiasm for them.

Maybe we could learn something from them about it not being 100% high stress on our kids.

We should really make the cellys over-the-top, it's fun...

On 5/28/2018 at 9:24 PM, Flyerfan52 said:

Dang! Wide open game but then the Disney script took over again.

WTF is with Reaves becoming a scorer & not getting penalties?

You have been reading and believing too many of Cross's posts about him only being a goon.

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

I've heard some interesting stories. Trotz telling Ovi to skate equally hard in all zones, don't just hit 4th liners, hit important players.

Also, Kuznetzov does the bird celly for his 4yo daughter because she loves it.

Jesus old guy Cherry, you used to do this to Ovi too.

As fans, we love the cellys, stop calling it hot dogging. No one cares what you would do when you played in 1927.

Stop being a grumpy geezer. You'd squeeze all of the fun out if you could, god knows you try.

I like Cherry, but I've never liked his disdain for Russian players. Guess what Don, they're not good Canadian kids that play this way too serious game.

It looks like hockey is equal parts fun and enthusiasm for them.

Maybe we could learn something from them about it not being 100% high stress on our kids.

We should really make the cellys over-the-top, it's fun...

The celly's didn't bother me at all, I just never really saw Ovechkin as anything but a great goal scorer. I would always compare Crosby and Ovechkin by saying that Crosby plays hockey because he hates losing and loves to win and Ovechkin plays hockey for the love of the game. One isn't better way to approach the game but I would just prefer to have the guy that hates to lose on my team.

Ovechkin's love for the game is shinning through this year. 

11 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

The celly's didn't bother me at all, I just never really saw Ovechkin as anything but a great goal scorer. I would always compare Crosby and Ovechkin by saying that Crosby plays hockey because he hates losing and loves to win and Ovechkin plays hockey for the love of the game. One isn't better way to approach the game but I would just prefer to have the guy that hates to lose on my team.

Ovechkin's love for the game is shinning through this year. 

No I was more aiming that at Cherry saying Kuzy's hot-dogging.

Don't forget, Crosby's ALWAYS had Malkin to help carry the burden.

Ovi now has a fully ripened Kuznetzov, so the tables have turned.

It's not all on Ovi now. Kuznetzov is a terror.

If you're focusing on Ovi, Kuznetzov will bury you.

11 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

No I was more aiming that at Cherry saying Kuzy's hot-dogging.

Don't forget, Crosby's ALWAYS had Malkin to help carry the burden.

Ovi now has a fully ripened Kuznetzov, so the tables have turned.

It's not all on Ovi now. Kuznetzov is a terror.

If you're focusing on Ovi, Kuznetzov will bury you.

For sure, having Kuznetsov and Backstrom as the 1/2 punch down the middle sure makes a difference for their team.

6 hours ago, JTech780 said:

For sure, having Kuznetsov and Backstrom as the 1/2 punch down the middle sure makes a difference for their team.

And Eller isn't a slouch either. He fills in admirably as the number 2 in emergencies, but is still a great number 3. And the fact that he's on the second powerplay, but can actually fill in amazingly in Kuzy's spot on the first PP shows what kind of skill he has.

VGK's are some story, but the Caps are playing unreal. Hard on every puck and player, something else.

Skating with them, tougher then them. Vegas is really starting to look overwhelmed.

Only 1-0 in the first, but I don't know if there's even any "adjusting" left.

Wasn't this supposed to be the Caps for the last 5 yrs?

Don't feel bad Vegas, TBay couldn't score on them, in the end, either.

6 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

VGK's are some story, but the Caps are playing unreal. Hard on every puck and player, something else.

Skating with them, tougher then them. Vegas is really starting to look overwhelmed.

Only 1-0 in the first, but I don't know if there's even any "adjusting" left.

Wasn't this supposed to be the Caps for the last 5 yrs?

Don't feel bad Vegas, TBay couldn't score on them, in the end, either.

3-0 now!

& that "dirty little rat" Wilson scored the 2nd. :lol:

Just now, Flyerfan52 said:

3-0 now!

& that "dirty little rat" Wilson scored the 2nd. :lol:

I don't know if I've ever seen anything quite like this FF. The puck pursuit and turnovers is insane. Not one Caps player is ringing around. Hard stops, get the puck back.

They are going to demolish Vegas tonight. I'm honestly not sure Gallant can do anything about this.

I posted that at 1-0 and could see it. Holy crap, this Caps team looks just incredible. The puck pressure is unreal.

The confidence is off the charts. Talk about a team smelling blood. WOW.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

I don't know if I've ever seen anything quite like this FF. The puck pursuit and turnovers is insane. Not one Caps player is ringing around. Hard stops, get the puck back.

They are going to demolish Vegas tonight. I'm honestly not sure Gallant can do anything about this.

I posted that at 1-0 and could see it. Holy crap, this Caps team looks just incredible. The puck pressure is unreal.

The confidence is off the charts. Talk about a team smelling blood. WOW.

As my sister just said on f/book the Caps look hungry. We're loving it!

Funny but I do not personally know 1 person rooting fot Vegas. My family across our nation are united (as we were behind the Jets as their teams fell by the wayside) & my friends hate the Vegas pre-game & that Disney story.

1 minute ago, Cowtownguy said:

I cannot think of a similar instance in which a team looks unbeatable for so long, and then just smacks into a brick wall. Vegas looks terrible.

Looks like Cinderella's glass slipper has a crack in it. I imagine that can lead to it shattering when weight is put on it.

Vegas has had their time in the spot light. They'll try again next year but this perfect storm is a 1 in a million chance. A gambling town should be the 1st to realize that.

7 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Looks like Cinderella's glass slipper has a crack in it. I imagine that can lead to it shattering when weight is put on it.

Vegas has had their time in the spot light. They'll try again next year but this perfect storm is a 1 in a million chance. A gambling town should be the 1st to realize that.

Washington looks really structured. They pressure the puck carrier so well, that it is difficult to make more than one good pass. Trotz has done a good job there.

Vegas' run was incredible. I just don't know how they're ever going to pick themselves up. Or to put it better, how the Caps will let them.

The Caps are playing unreal hockey. I'm sure at the end of this game they'll be saying, "we still have to win one more".

Just dominant hockey, don't know how else to say it. Nothing and nobody is stopping this. It's really something to see.

Not a passenger on the entire roster.

Whether it were Vegas or anyone else, the Caps are in full demolition mode, it wouldn't matter.

This call or that call isn't making a difference, Trotz has them playing out of their minds hockey.

They've got this, zero question.

Archived