Bill Peters - 17th Flames Coach

phoenix66

6 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

BT missed the boat.

disappointing

”This allegation is impulsive.”

it’s the kind of language that perpetuates racism. Is racist in its nature....

I don’t know if I can follow this team. Gross

Actually I think BT is doing the right thing.

Suspension from the team

Investigate

Corroborate

Terminate

If he is seen taking the twitter storm as gospel and fires straight away then he is a reactionary GM and that has never been his style.

Only delaying the inevitable and from what is out there I think we will see BP gone within 24-36 hours.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rocketdoctor said:

Suspension from the team

Investigate

Corroborate

Terminate

If he is seen taking the twitter storm as gospel and fires straight away then he is a reactionary GM and that has never been his style.

Only delaying the inevitable and from what is out there I think we will see BP gone within 24-36 hours.

True, but he also said he has talked to Aliu. That’s where my reaction comes from and the fact others have supported the story. But yes. I agree with the process, just that the story has been validated...  

Aliu said if he apologized earlier it wouldn’t feel raw how it still feels now. And instead Peters got him sent to the ECHL, even when he had a good start at 5v5 and no PP time...

For me, this also speaks Yo his bias and is problematic to me. Possibly every coach has a bias towards “their guys.” But it looked bad when Ryan was playing like crap and still got time. He got better in the 2nd half but his 1st half play didn’t warrant the time he got... 

6 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

Suspension from the team

Investigate

Corroborate

Terminate

Agreed ..this will 100% resolved by game time tomorrow..he's either behind the bench or he's not ..  I'm expecting him not to be 

9 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

BT missed the boat.

disappointing

”This allegation is impulsive.”

it’s the kind of language that perpetuates racism. Is racist in its nature....

I don’t know if I can follow this team. Gross

Bye!   

If  Peters was dropping n-bombs on someone (which it kind of sounds like he did), that is unacceptable & I agree he should be fired. 

I don't agree with this stupid cancel / outrage culture though, without due process. MANY TIMES these days, it's over some ridiculous garbage, complained about by some overly sensitive people (eg Don Cherry incident). A lot of devious individuals looking to get back at someone that they didn't like. So yes, there should be an investigation to find out whether there is truth to it or not, before you automatically ruin someones career / life.

4 minutes ago, rocketdoctor said:

BT will also no doubt be taking legal advice.

True.  Usually when a coach gets fired, the team is on the hook to pay the rest of his salary.  Maybe we are trying to terminate Peters and don't pay him because he broke the rules... yet, this happened 10 years ago in Detroit?  

11 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

If someone can do blackface so many times he cannot even remember and then grows up to be a champion for racial inequalities, then that proves people can change in 10 years.

Yeah, still don't know how it's ok for Turdhole to do that but, what Cherry said makes him the devil. Welcome to clown world boys & girls.... and i've never even really been a big fan of Cherry... just think he got a raw deal because of the lefty lunatics running the show.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

True.  Usually when a coach gets fired, the team is on the hook to pay the rest of his salary.  Maybe we are trying to terminate Peters and don't pay him because he broke the rules... yet, this happened 10 years ago in Detroit?  

Yep.. 

"Conduct unbecoming"..  doesn't matter when you did it, if you are responsible for casting a tarnish on the organization..then it comes into play

Look at Antonio Brown in the NFL.. patriots terminated his contract for stuff he allegedly did years ago. But it was now bringing negative press 

Myself , I don't think he Should be punished for actions years ago.. especially if it's assumed he's no longer that person .. but.. for many reasons , not the least of which is today's culture ..he has to be 

14 minutes ago, CalgarySTL said:

Bye!   

If  Peters was dropping n-bombs on someone (which it kind of sounds like he did), that is unacceptable & I agree he should be fired. 

I don't agree with this stupid cancel / outrage culture though, without due process. MANY TIMES these days, it's over some ridiculous garbage, complained about by some overly sensitive people (eg Don Cherry incident). A lot of devious individuals looking to get back at someone that they didn't like. So yes, there should be an investigation to find out whether there is truth to it or not, before you automatically ruin someones career / life.

perpetuating racism.  I am not surprised... not the first time I’ve seen it on this site.

21 minutes ago, CalgarySTL said:

Bye!   

overly sensitive? Perpetuating.... I don’t know your story or whether you are a part of any of “Other” culture you are referring to in your statement by saying overly sensitive. Yes, feeling othered is being overly sensitive. Not really.

12 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

perpetuating racism.  I am not surprised... not the first time I’ve seen it on this site.

Look clown, i've had racial slurs thrown at me (more than once, for no reason)... I don't go around with a chip on my shoulder, claiming everyone is a racist.... AND I SAID, IF HE DID IT, HE SHOULD BE FIRED. Why don't you read before you stand on your SJW soapbox

PS. if you think there aren't false allegations ALL THE TIME. Than you don't live in reality

3 minutes ago, CalgarySTL said:

Look clown, i've had racial slurs thrown at me (more than once, for no reason)... I don't go around with a chip on my shoulder, claiming everyone is a racist.... AND I SAID, IF HE DID IT, HE SHOULD BE FIRED. Why don't you read before you stand on your SJW soapbox

PS. if you think there aren't false allegations ALL THE TIME. Than you don't live in reality

So all of these other players coming forward are in collusion with Aliu?

4 minutes ago, CalgarySTL said:

I'd scale it back a bit. No reason to get angry.

I respect the transparency and Treliving being willing to put himself in front of this. At this point thought the investigation seems pretty clear if Akim isn't backing down and independent players corroborate it, i'm not sure what type of investigation is necessary.

At this point I hope it's more about sorting out the legal fallout of everything and the next step plan. I would be disappointied in the Flames if they drag this out. 

3 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

So all of these other players coming forward are in collusion with Aliu?

Did I write that?... no... you're living in imaginary land... where everyone is a racist to you. I said to automatically fire someone without due process is wrong & stupid.... but, you don't seem to understand common sense

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I respect the transparency and Treliving being willing to put himself in front of this. At this point thought the investigation seems pretty clear if Akim isn't backing down and independent players corroborate it, i'm not sure what type of investigation is necessary.

At this point I hope it's more about sorting out the legal fallout of everything and the next step plan. I would be disappointied in the Flames if they drag this out. 

I believe people have a right to be forgiven, but the fact he hasn’t really done that yet, is where it is hard for the process, and the fact he tried to sweep it under the rug by sending him to the ECHL. Maybe he should have been there, but the story is coming out that way. 

I am okay with process. I believe Peters could apologize, but how does Social Justice happen when it is so far past the occurrence?

8 minutes ago, CalgarySTL said:

Did I write that?... no... you're living in imaginary land... where everyone is a racist to you. I said to automatically fire someone without due process is wrong & stupid.... but, you don't seem to understand common sense

it is more that you said if I don’t believe that false allegations happen... so I Thought you were referring to the actual situation. 

look, I am ok if Peters were to be forgiven.I believe people can change. It’s a matter of showing. Can he show that? I don’t know if he can do that as a Flames coach.

19 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

He said, "I believe this allegation is repulsive, is the word I'd use".

Thanks for clearing that up.  It's amazing how easy it is to miscommunicate in the heat of the moment.   I've removed my last post so as not to inflame things   ( I'll go inflame some other thread instead).      

I think they're dealing with this right.   Which is gather info.     You just Can't fire people based off a twitter post.    Make decisions based off facts and logic.   

And yeah, that's likely a firing.   Once those facts have been had.

Archived