So Where do we go from here? Analysis & Predictions

cccsberg

1 minute ago, manu11 said:

I just feel that Treliving should have gotten something else for taking care of Carolina's problems. And it's not like Lack was any good in CAR.

well we traded our 6th rounder for a 7th rounder. We took murray and bought him out, which in the grand scheme of things is nothing, but because of that we got carolina to retian 50% of lacks deal which is a big deal if BT wants an extra 1 milllion in cap room.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

well we traded our 6th rounder for a 7th rounder. We took murray and bought him out, which in the grand scheme of things is nothing, but because of that we got carolina to retian 50% of lacks deal which is a big deal if BT wants an extra 1 milllion in cap room.

As I said I see it a bit different, lets leave it at that.

Just now, cross16 said:

No surprise. As much as Williams would be a fit I never saw him picking Calgary. too sought after. 

Wonder how the personal relationship is between Brouwer, Versteeg and Sharp ? Could there be the will and influence to get him to come here ?

37 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Wonder how the personal relationship is between Brouwer, Versteeg and Sharp ? Could there be the will and influence to get him to come here ?

From everything i've always understood those Blackhawk teams were pretty tight knit so I would assume its a good relationship.

while I do like Marleau I think Sharp is the best fit out there for the Flames. Can play both wings, RH shot, has played center and taken draws (although not overly effective) proven winner, still has speed, and should be cost effective. Sharp would be the player I would most want the Flames to sign. 

Edit: probably worth noting too that Sharp actually lived in Calgary for a period of time growing up. Brother still lives here. 

12 minutes ago, cross16 said:

From everything i've always understood those Blackhawk teams were pretty tight knit so I would assume its a good relationship.

while I do like Marleau I think Sharp is the best fit out there for the Flames. Can play both wings, RH shot, has played center and taken draws (although not overly effective) proven winner, still has speed, and should be cost effective. Sharp would be the player I would most want the Flames to sign. 

It sounds like sharp is the guy the flames want as well just from the comments they are making.

1 hour ago, Carty said:

Strange how things turned out after all the fuss where Hayes would end up (and the Gaudreau connection) a few years back...   He had a rough year with only 2 goals and 3 assists in 53 games last season...

If I remember correctly, the Hawks traded Hayes and Olsen to the Panthers for Versteeg and Lefebvre...   Hayes second season with the Panthers it looked like he had hit his stride with 19 goals and 16 assists...

All things considered, if he could be picked up on a cheap enough 2 way contract, I would rather take a gamble on Hayes as a RW project than have Bouma taking a spot on the roster...   Best case scenario maybe he could earn his way to have a chance to re-ignite a spark with Johnny Hockey...   Worst case, he get's some time on the Heat to pay some more dues and try and find his game...

I think you may have your Hayes mixed up?  Was it not Kevin Hayes in NYR that had the JHG connection?

The more i've looked at and thought about Stone I just don't want him back at any number.

I think he gets way too much credit. I've looked thorugh the numbers and really the D core didn't play any better pre trade than after, the difference was Elliot got hot and I don't believe that had anything to do with Stone. Sure he played better than Wideman but that is not a selling feature.

So I don't want him back, I really wanted them to get a more mobile and effective 3rd pairing, so at any price I won't be happy with Stone. Way too many red flags. I get analytics should not make all your decisions for you but Stones are pure garbage. Makes you go back and re think you eye test.

If you want to spend money on a 3rd pairing RH, Cody Franson should be the way to go. 

Just now, cross16 said:

The more i've looked at and thought about Stone I just don't want him back at any number.

I think he gets way too much credit. I've looked thorugh the numbers and really the D core didn't play any better pre trade than after, the difference was Elliot got hot and I don't believe that had anything to do with Stone. Sure he played better than Wideman but that is not a selling feature.

So I don't want him back, I really wanted them to get a more mobile and effective 3rd pairing, so at any price I won't be happy with Stone. Way too many red flags. I get analytics should not make all your decisions for you but Stones are pure garbage. Makes you go back and re think you eye test.

If you want to spend money on a 3rd pairing RH, Cody Franson should be the way to go. 

Makes one wonder if they are trying to get someone good enough to trade at the TDL to recoup some of these used 2nds and 3rds.

Just now, MAC331 said:

Makes one wonder if they are trying to get someone good enough to trade at the TDL to recoup some of these used 2nds and 3rds.

If you are going after a cup, which the Flames clearly are, this is not a strategy you would even think about. 

33 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

I think you may have your Hayes mixed up?  Was it not Kevin Hayes in NYR that had the JHG connection?

The confusion came from a tweet I read with mention of the buyout, Boston college & Gaudreau, etc and lack of coffee...   :ph34r:

My earlier comments have been redacted...   :lol:

Just now, The_People1 said:

Signing a #5 on the depth chart to $3.5-mil for 3-years? I thought we learned our lesson from Engellend.

Not happy about this.  

I wonder how Ramus Andersson feels about this...

Agreed 100%. Once again, Flames all talk when it comes to developing their own on the blueline. 

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Agreed 100%. Once again, Flames all talk when it comes to developing their own on the blueline. 

You are kind of blowing it out of proportion aren't you? That's a tradeable contract considering Russell signed at 4 million. Also BT said they want their guys to develop in the AAA and there's nothing wrong with over ripening. 

Archived