Ryan Lomberg

The #Flames have signed @AHLHeat forward @ryanlomberg7 to a two-way contract!

The Flames also signed Ryan Lomberg today. Lomberg has made a name for himself with his physical play this season and has put up some points in Stockton to boot.  He burst onto the scene as a pest in the Young Stars Classic and has been a regular in the AHL this season. Could be an interesting signing for the future.

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

The contract kicks in next year.

Love the way this kid plays, all heart. He is a smaller version of Hathaway with maybe a little more natural skill. Not afraid to go toe to toe with anyone.

I like what Hathaway brings. He just needs to be consistent. So if he is like a Hathaway, I will take that for sure! We always need good energy 4th liners who can play on the cheap and contribute. 

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎19 at 10:45 PM, cross16 said:

Nice reward for a guy who keeps busting his butt. I still don't believe he'll ever make it but I'm fine giving him the chance to prove me wrong. You gamble on guys like him. 

We have to start replacing some toughness real soon, especially if Engelland doesn't return. We don't want Tkachuk and Bennett doing all the fighting LOL.

Loved watching and meeting Lomberg in preseason.

Agree with cross he may not make the show, but boy oh boy he's the devil may care kinda player that I absolutely love.

Plays like he's got nothing to lose, and he's right.

BT really likes how he plays, hence the signing, which is a 2 yr, so we'll see him next year too.

The epitome of a pest, and if you've gotta problem with him, good luck fighting him, lol.

Tough as nails, his size is going to fool you, good idea to look at his ungloved hands before deciding fighting him is a good idea, lol.

23 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Loved watching and meeting Lomberg in preseason.

Agree with cross he may not make the show, but boy oh boy he's the devil may care kinda player that I absolutely love.

Plays like he's got nothing to lose, and he's right.

BT really likes how he plays, hence the signing, which is a 2 yr, so we'll see him next year too.

The epitome of a pest, and if you've gotta problem with him, good luck fighting him, lol.

Tough as nails, his size is going to fool you, good idea to look at his ungloved hands before deciding fighting him is a good idea, lol.

It take all kinds to make up a team and every team needs to distract the other team. Lomberg may never become a mainstay but I will go against cross16 and say we see him as early as next season in spots.

Just now, MAC331 said:

It take all kinds to make up a team and every team needs to distract the other team. Lomberg may never become a mainstay but I will go against cross16 and say we see him as early as next season in spots.

He is driven.

I'm not arguing, I'll be his biggest cheerleader.

Love the kid. Happy-go-lucky off of the ice, intense as crap on it.

Hard underdog not to like.

I watched all the preseason, he made an accounting for himself, a lot.

You have to love a player like that, NHL or other leagues.

Reminds me of every tough little prick I ever played against, haha.

Loved them on my team though, lol.

This one also knows how to fight.

The rest is up to him, I guess.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

Oh you will see him In spurts, they'll give him a chance I just don't think he'll be a full timer that's all. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

Oh you will see him In spurts, they'll give him a chance I just don't think he'll be a full timer that's all. 

I think I am with you there. What was that Rocky guy's name who lasted a season I think ? I do have some concerns about our toughness heading into next season and beyond.

• 5 months later...

Loved this bit from him, on the main page, after the nux game:

"Believe me,'' complained the abrasive left winger with a frustrated sigh, "I tried to stir it up.

"Man, did I try …

"There must be a new rule in the league, that you're not allowed to fight.

"Some of those gloves seem to be sewn on."

hahaha

15 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Loved this bit from him, on the main page, after the nux game:

"Believe me,'' complained the abrasive left winger with a frustrated sigh, "I tried to stir it up.

"Man, did I try …

"There must be a new rule in the league, that you're not allowed to fight.

"Some of those gloves seem to be sewn on."

hahaha

Nope just the Canucks way LOL

Archived