We are ̶A̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ a playoff bound team ̶?̶

CheersMan

I like that then the Flames schedule is against playoff teams. This team seems to be better and raise (and sometimes lower) their game to their opposition. They will have to earn their way in which is what you want imo. 

If johnny has found his game then I think the Flames will be in the playoffs. With two legit scoring lines and a strong defensive game they will get in. If that top line remains inconsistent or can't play as well at home it will be a dog fight. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, rickross said:

Well now that the Kings have traded for Bishop the Flames absolutely need to continue on this roll. 

Thank sweet #$@%.

It's not like it's Brayden Holtby, who might start and end his career with one team.

It's Ben Bishop, who has been traded, what, 4 times now, or am I low-balling?

Let's NOT be the team to give him 5x6.

No thanks.

teams are being weeded out. For instance by the time the Jets come off their mandated 5 day break other teams will have made up the GIH as Wpg. played a rather condensed schedule to date. 62 points in 63 games pales next to St. Louis with 97 in 60. The extra games the Jets played count as wins but they also have less chances to catch a team ahead of them. As the others pad leads Chevy will realize it's a close but no cigar season so try to get something for pending UFAs. They're gonzo but will be hard to play as there is pride & nothing to lose as they play put the string so we'd better not take them lightly. Thanks for the condolences Pyro but I never saw them as more than hovering on the edges until late in the season. My reasoning was way to many rookies brought in during 1 year & then the injuries (especially to top D) made it worse.

Other teans are starting to fall by the wayside so we just might see the trade market heat up. I'm not fooled by the media hype but by looking @ rosters & guessing what players the GMs would be willing to trade. I'm guessing we'll see the main trades Mon. & Tue. with a few lesser 1 on Wed.

I'm pretty sure Hex isn't going to try to add in a vain push for the extra couple of home gates. I'm hoping BT rents Del Zotto with an eye on a re-sign or Streit just for the push & play-offs. For a better return Philly will likely retain either of the remaining salaries.I wouldn't mind a test drive (& 1st chance to sign) of Neuvirth (I'm pretty sure they'll re-sign Mason).

2 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

Oh my, Bishop has gone to the Kings. 

ETA: I thought that Quick was feeling better. Maybe not.

Jesus man, Budaj saved their season.

They trade him, damn I love Yzerman!

That's a tough move for LA, suddenly, new goalie.

I wouldn't have the 'nads to do that right now.

Apparently, no more Quick?

Can't wait to kick their butts on Tuesday.

2 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

Oh my, Bishop has gone to the Kings. 

ETA: I thought that Quick was feeling better. Maybe not.

When Quick is healthy that's 1 heck of a tandem. TB is retaining 1.190 (capfriendly) but that's over $10 million tied up.Lombardi is going all in again.

That trade should start a rash of them as the contenders enter an arms race.

4 minutes ago, Flyerfan52 said:

When Quick is healthy that's 1 heck of a tandem. TB is retaining 1.190 (capfriendly) but that's over $10 million tied up.Lombardi is going all in again.

That trade should start a rash of them as the contenders enter an arms race.

true should be an interesting trade deadline

2 hours ago, JTech780 said:

As it stands right now we are only 4 points out of 2nd in the division.

This is the new goal, grab a division spot.

I think the goal should be one game at a time. Short term memory. 2nd in the division might just take care of itself if we can continue to get points one game at a time. 

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

4 back of 2nd in the division and they'll play ANA twice. 

Focus should definetly be on the division spots and not the wild card. It's right there for them especially with Edm and Ana not exactly looking fantastic right now. 

I get what you are saying, but just keep up whatever is motivating them now. It is working. If it is just one game at a time, then keep it that way. 

Sometimes when teams look too far into yhe future, they're not focussed on the present. 

9 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I get what you are saying, but just keep up whatever is motivating them now. It is working. If it is just one game at a time, then keep it that way. 

Sometimes when teams look too far into yhe future, they're not focussed on the present. 

I don't disagree but I'm not their coach I'm just a fan ?

30 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

You are right, but a week ago we were playing just to get into the playoff picture, now we have a chance to steal one of those division spots.

6 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

You are right, but a week ago we were playing just to get into the playoff picture, now we have a chance to steal one of those division spots.

That blues loss really helps today too. Is it better if we get the 1st wildcard if we end up getting in, and with a wildcard spot?

This game on Tuesday has only become even more important, the win would obviously add extra padding between the teams but if we could close down on that 2nd Divisional spot at the start of a 4 game homestand at that it could really give them confidence to tidy things up at home. It's crazy to thing the Flames and Oilers are finally battling for playoff spots again, I keep waiting for the Oil to fall back to earth but McJesus is otherworldly so shame on me! I wonder where they'd be without no. 97

Every year it gets on my nerves but its hilarious how the bettman loser point makes things work. WE have the same amount of wins as Montreal, Ottawa, Edmonton, and one more then Anaheim but they are better at losing then we are, so its very deceiving. Im tired of hearing oilers fans saying we are so much better then you, when the standings are totally wrong. 

Archived