Flames 2016-2017 Predictions!

rickross

10 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I hope we can at least maintain the level of confidence and that we aren't peaking too early. But keep it up and keep focussed.

Good teams find ways to win and we have been finding ways to win. This is what you need on a consistent basis, look at PIT this is what they try to do each game, don't worry about peaking.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I completely understand what you are saying. I just worry that the same thing happens to us as the jackets earlier this year. 

I would be untruthful if I said that I was not a little worried about a let down too. I don't think that is likely to happen though. Obviously, the streak is going to end. This group, however, seems to be managing energy and emotion well, and as much as I was concerned about the new system, it seems to be working well now. My point is that Hartley took a team of rookies and had to squeeze out their passion to obtain wins. It seems like GG is earning wins by a different, complicated structure. So, I don't forecast a major emotional let down. That is my take anyways.

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

Good teams find ways to win and we have been finding ways to win. This is what you need on a consistent basis, look at PIT this is what they try to do each game, don't worry about peaking.

59 minutes ago, Cowtownguy said:

I would be untruthful if I said that I was not a little worried about a let down too. I don't think that is likely to happen though. Obviously, the streak is going to end. This group, however, seems to be managing energy and emotion well, and as much as I was concerned about the new system, it seems to be working well now. My point is that Hartley took a team of rookies and had to squeeze out their passion to obtain wins. It seems like GG is earning wins by a different, complicated structure. So, I don't forecast a major emotional let down. That is my take anyways.

There is probably little chance it happens. Being so close to the playoffs, focus must be easy to come by. 

Just now, robrob74 said:

There is probably little chance it happens. Being so close to the playoffs, focus must be easy to come by. 

I understand the peaking concern but more so see us becoming a good team now playing fundamental hockey while getting great goaltending. If anything I hope Elliott doesn't lose his focus. Right now he is sharp as a tack.

Archived