NHL Playoff predictions Round 2

Flyerfan52

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reg MacLeish, Cashman, Big Walt Tzachuk, Brad Park, Orest Kindrachuk, The French Connection, Jean Ratelle.

Man oh man, those were the days. Johnny Bucyk (RIP) retired to the Kootenays right next door to friends of mine.

Johnny Bucyk is still alive .. he was a honorary coach at the outdoor game :)

ya i grew up in the Kootenays too about a Mile from where he lived.. went out fishing with him a few times, met quite a few of the Bruins when they'd hang out there 

Amazing Cherry would show Crosby slashes across the pants, but not point out the Pens penalties,,,,*sigh*

Oshie looks amazing *hint hint*

I so wish I'd said 3 hints lol. I thought it would just be presumptuous lol.

Joel Ward scores lol 1G; 1A

How much is he worth in the playoffs?

Man oh man Hitchcock is going to want slow the play down.

Dallas can go fast in spurts alone and it's going to hurt.

Only 1-0 game, but that was EXPLOSIVE.

Gonna wanna keep that in check lol.

Both West games had some bite to them. Backes vs Benn had some good hits. Dallas actually held a 1-0 lead for quite a while. Might be a closer series than thought. Dallas had so many shots though! 42 shots to the Blues 32, that's not an inflated number from Dallas due to a empty net push.

As for SJS vs Preds, that gathering at the end was something I was waiting for. Hadn't seen that dislike since the Nucks-Flames series (though the latter was better). SJS has a deadly powerplay. Maybe Hartley should be taking notes?

Oh, and what was up with that black cat on the ice?

Looked like Trotz was not impressed by McGuire's questions during the interview tonight...

f09dda08710b5d700f1c62e3c391dd86.png

He really would have hated mine! lol

"So Barry, are you happy with the physical element you wanted your team to bring into game 2"?

Barry: *rubs chin with 2 birds and knees me in the legendaries*

That's some good TV lol

Anyone listen to the Fan 960 coverage of NYI v TBay today lmao.

I caught the 2nd period as I drove. Pure virgin comedy omg.

So you've got your commentator, Peter Maher role, then you've got your analyst adding game and play observations, so you thought.

So here was TBay's analyst (It was in Tbay), I elbowing you not, as I remember, but I was laughing hard so forgive me.

"Drouin with a drop pass? What is he doing? Nobody's there".

PP pass hops over Kucherov's stick...

"Kucherov doesn't even have a shot on net, here's another example of him trying to make everything so pretty, just tone it down."

General inflammatory against hahahaha the team he's analyzing for:

"How can you one minute look so good and the next minute look so bad, this is........just bad. It's soooo bad".

After an errant elbowing call apparently only the ref saw, he went sideways.

God I so wish I recorded it, so funny. He was so critical of every move Tampa made, it was like you and I sitting on the couch pissed off at the Flames hahaha.

He should win some kind of award, Tourette's Analyst of the Year or something, so funny.

Dude, you're team is up 2-1 and 1 game to nil, wtf??

He really would have hated mine! lol

"So Barry, are you happy with the physical element you wanted your team to bring into game 2"?

Barry: *rubs chin with 2 birds and knees me in the legendaries*

That's some good TV lol

Love it. Both Carty's pic & your comment.

Trotz is a good Dauphin product. I know 1 of his cousins (& unlike him she has a neck. lol).

So now that we've established neckless isn't hereditary....oh dear, why not take it to the gutter lol. "Woe Trotz is really sticking his neck out pulling the goalie with 3 minutes left" lol. I'm not even going to approach the bowtie on his chin doooh too late.

How about those Sharks now, it's Pavelski, Couture and Burns' team. It isn't on Thornton and Marleau. They could...go....all..the...way.

Who the heck is Joonas Donskoi? Tierney, Ward, man their depth is great. for playoffs.

Never been a fan, but about halfway through this season I thought, man the Sharks are different somehow. They were always big, but dang they've added fast.

So now that we've established neckless isn't hereditary....oh dear, why not take it to the gutter lol. "Woe Trotz is really sticking his neck out pulling the goalie with 3 minutes left" lol. I'm not even going to approach the bowtie on his chin doooh too late.

How about those Sharks now, it's Pavelski, Couture and Burns' team. It isn't on Thornton and Marleau. They could...go....all..the...way.

Who the heck is Joonas Donskoi? Tierney, Ward, man their depth is great. for playoffs.

Never been a fan, but about halfway through this season I thought, man the Sharks are different somehow. They were always big, but dang they've added fast.

I talked elsewhere about needing to ice 4 lines.  Having a guy like Donskoi on your 4th line really helps.  He was pretty good against the Flames.  Anyway, a 4th line RW that can score 36 points in a rookie season is a nice addition.  

I talked elsewhere about needing to ice 4 lines.  Having a guy like Donskoi on your 4th line really helps.  He was pretty good against the Flames.  Anyway, a 4th line RW that can score 36 points in a rookie season is a nice addition.  

You know what always comes up TD? "Baaah they play 8 minutes a game, who cares, stuff it full of AHLers on ELCs".

I've let it go, it's been a year or 2 that I've just stopped bringing up, "Net out includes an effective bottom roster".

Haven't changed my opinion, just stay quiet now.

You know what always comes up TD? "Baaah they play 8 minutes a game, who cares, stuff it full of AHLers on ELCs".

I've let it go, it's been a year or 2 that I've just stopped bringing up, "Net out includes an effective bottom roster".

Haven't changed my opinion, just stay quiet now.

It's still a culture thing with the Flames.  Hartley likes to use "tough guys" like Bollig and Bouma.  As such, they have to play 8 minutes.  I think most people would prefer to see a speedy forward streaking down the wing than a guy skating like he's in TimBits hockey.

But you are right, it's time to just let it be.  Some other coaches believe there is a place for an effective 4th line.

Pittsburgh....might be a real contender this year.  Peaking at the right time.

Had they got matched up against anyone other than the Rags, I think you would see their flaws.  NYR has been worse this year than I can remember.  They might get a real opponent in round 2.

hmm....Maybe round 3?

Not entirely sold on the Penguins either.   But....I like the direction they're headed in these playoffs.  Crosby's probably outplayed Ovi.   Neither has been as good as they can be.   But you can tell they both really want it this year.    More importantly, the teams....I Honestly like them both.....right now.   And, Pittsburgh, more.  Better overall team play.

I'll be very interested in whomever wins this series.   Which, at the moment, looks like the Pens.

Pittsburgh....might be a real contender this year.  Peaking at the right time.

Had they got matched up against anyone other than the Rags, I think you would see their flaws.  NYR has been worse this year than I can remember.  They might get a real opponent in round 2.

hmm....Maybe round 3?

Not entirely sold on the Penguins either.   But....I like the direction they're headed in these playoffs.  Crosby's probably outplayed Ovi.   Neither has been as good as they can be.   But you can tell they both really want it this year.    More importantly, the teams....I Honestly like them both.....right now.   And, Pittsburgh, more.  Better overall team play.

I'll be very interested in whomever wins this series.   Which, at the moment, looks like the Pens.

The story is Matt Murray. Pittsburgh is not outplaying Washington, Murray's been drop dead omg. Hey look MAF, your job is gone.

The NYI, I must say, they did not find any consistency pretty much all year and I was surprised they beat Florida.

The Isles have a good roster up and down, wonder if Snow decides on a coaching change. They've been off, imho, all year.

Tbay's had the easiest ride, I'm not quite sold though. Their only real size is at D.

They sure wiped the floor with the NYI. I'm not overly-surprised though, the Isles have been a great big pile of whatever.

The story is Matt Murray. Pittsburgh is not outplaying Washington, Murray's been drop dead omg. Hey look MAF, your job is gone.

"A day after rookie goalie Matt Murray allowed three goals on 19 shots in Pittsburgh's 3-1 loss in Game 5 at Verizon Center, Penguins coach Mike Sullivan did not confirm Murray would start again Tuesday. With the Penguins leading the best-of-7 series, 3-2, speculation surrounding goalie Marc-Andre Fleury's potential return has increased."

Mr. Crosby... do you want the Pens to lose? Notice that they're doing well in the playoffs when the flower is not in goal. Luckily, sounds like the coach isn't terribly interested in switching out MM.

https://www.nhl.com/news/marc-andre-fleury-could-start-game-6-for-penguins/c-280604700?tid=280202750

That said, and MAF possibly on the trading block, is anyone interested in picking him up? He's played well in the regular season.

Edit: Wow, never mind. 5M cap hit for 7 more years. Not touching that unless Pens retain 2M and even then.... GK is a bit different, but would he still be any good at age 38 (when the contract expires)? I wonder if any team would be interested (probably) or if a expansion team might try and grab him(maybe)? If not, Pens will have fun trying to have a 5M backup for 7 years (if MM takes the job, which he is seeming to show he can).

"A day after rookie goalie Matt Murray allowed three goals on 19 shots in Pittsburgh's 3-1 loss in Game 5 at Verizon Center, Penguins coach Mike Sullivan did not confirm Murray would start again Tuesday. With the Penguins leading the best-of-7 series, 3-2, speculation surrounding goalie Marc-Andre Fleury's potential return has increased."

Mr. Crosby... do you want the Pens to lose? Notice that they're doing well in the playoffs when the flower is not in goal. Luckily, sounds like the coach isn't terribly interested in switching out MM.

https://www.nhl.com/news/marc-andre-fleury-could-start-game-6-for-penguins/c-280604700?tid=280202750

That said, and MAF possibly on the trading block, is anyone interested in picking him up? He's played well in the regular season.

Edit: Wow, never mind. 5M cap hit for 7 more years. Not touching that unless Pens retain 2M and even then.... GK is a bit different, but would he still be any good at age 38 (when the contract expires)? I wonder if any team would be interested (probably) or if a expansion team might try and grab him(maybe)? If not, Pens will have fun trying to have a 5M backup for 7 years (if MM takes the job, which he is seeming to show he can).

MAF only has 3 years left at $5.75m.  He's 31.  I'm not a big fan of his, but he is better than what we have seen here in years.

Archived