NHL Playoff predictions Round 2

Flyerfan52

Due to the oddity of the East starting Round 2 while the West is still playing round 1 this is in order. Gets your picks in for the East & we can add the West later.

East:

TB vs NYI

Washington vs Pittsburgh

*************************************************************************************

My picks:

Isles over Bolts in 6

Caps over Pengies in 5 (avoid that game 7 jinx that plagued them)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At best, I'm going to be .500 in the first round.  At worst, a sparkling .375.  With this in mind, my East picks are going to be decided by coin toss and my west picks are to be decided by consulting a Magic 8 Ball.

(Tails) New York over Tampa in 7

(Tails) Washington over Pittsburgh in 7

I'd like to point out that pretty much any time I make a prediction, I am wildly off the mark.  If there's such thing as anti-precognition, I've got it in spades.

Tampa Bay beats New York in 6 games (high level of confidence even without Stamkos).

Pittsburgh defeats Washington in 7 games (The Pens are on a roll).

Dallas over St. Louis in 7 games (biased because I want the pick; without Seguin...).

Nashville over San Jose in 7 (this could go either way IMO).

I have a gut feeling about the Sharks this year (year of the wookie lol).

I think I was the only one to take them over the Kings. I'm taking them all the way.

They aren't heavily favoured and all of that drama behind them, they just have that "we don't care what you think" attitude where I can see them win the West. Most of them have been through the wringer, I sense they're now at that take no prisoners attitude.

They'll beat Nashville, St Louis and Washington imho.

5 of 8 in round 1.

My picks in the West now that round 1 is settled.

Dallas over St. Louis in 7

Nashville over San Jose in 6

I have a gut feeling about the Sharks this year (year of the wookie lol).

I think I was the only one to take them over the Kings.

I took the Sharks in that 1 also. Based largely on me still being POed @ Lombardi.

5 of 8 in round 1.

My picks in the West now that round 1 is settled.

Dallas over St. Louis in 7

Nashville over San Jose in 6

I took the Sharks in that 1 also. Based largely on me still being POed @ Lombardi.

Right u are sorry! I shoulda checked I even remember the Lombardi comment now lol.

Honestly, I'd have taken the Sharks over any match up. Nashville's the wildcard you alluded too earlier imho, I'm sure the Sharks were hoping to avenge the Ducks.

I was picturing Thornton and Getlaf dropping the gloves at puck drop again.

Now it's the team I think will win it all against my favourite goalie since he entered the league...*sigh*...I flipping love Rinne, and not just from the last game, that's Rinne when he's on. Best in the league, hands down imho.

At best, I'm going to be .500 in the first round.  At worst, a sparkling .375.  With this in mind, my East picks are going to be decided by coin toss and my west picks are to be decided by consulting a Magic 8 Ball.

(Tails) New York over Tampa in 7

(Tails) Washington over Pittsburgh in 7

I'd like to point out that pretty much any time I make a prediction, I am wildly off the mark.  If there's such thing as anti-precognition, I've got it in spades.

I finished the first round with a .375 success rate.  So...

I consulted the Magic 8 Ball for my western conference picks.  Question: Will the <higher seed> win the series against the <lower seed>?

Nashville over San Jose in 7 (Magic 8 Ball says "It is decidedly so")

Dallas over St. Louis in 7 (Magic 8 Ball says "Most Likely")

4/8 in the 1st Round  :(

----------------------------------

Tampa Bay over New York in 6 games - Lightning does strike twice

Washington over Pittsburgh in 6 games - Sydney tears re-emerge

Nashville over San Jose over  in 6 games - No way Jose

St. Louis over Dallas over in 7 games - Dallas will get the blues here

Right u are sorry! I shoulda checked I even remember the Lombardi comment now lol.

Honestly, I'd have taken the Sharks over any match up. Nashville's the wildcard you alluded too earlier imho, I'm sure the Sharks were hoping to avenge the Ducks.

I was picturing Thornton and Getlaf dropping the gloves at puck drop again.

Now it's the team I think will win it all against my favourite goalie since he entered the league...*sigh*...I flipping love Rinne, and not just from the last game, that's Rinne when he's on. Best in the league, hands down imho.

When Rinne is on he's top 5. I went Nashville because of my favorite current D (Weber) & his crew.

The Sharks have some "used to be top end" players that have grown a little long in the tooth (pardon the pun) & their goaltending leave me cold.

I also prefer the Preds as @ least their games start when there is still daylight. West coast games start a little late for this senior.  :) 

BTW,are you just wanting to see Big Joe slide down the ice naked like he promised? :lol:

When Rinne is on he's top 5. I went Nashville because of my favorite current D (Weber) & his crew.

The Sharks have some "used to be top end" players that have grown a little long in the tooth (pardon the pun) & their goaltending leave me cold.

I also prefer the Preds as @ least their games start when there is still daylight. West coast games start a little late for this senior.  :)

BTW,are you just wanting to see Big Joe slide down the ice naked like he promised? :lol:

I like the Preds and really like Weber too. I kinda stuck myself at the start that the Sharks are the team that I think will do it (sharks v caps final).

I'm gonna stick with it and I think the long in the tooth guys have now kinda become their depth (like the Sedins in Van bwahaha).

And of course, little Joe taking big Joe for a toboggan ride :o  :P

Hey ff, Bernie Parent is my childhood goalie god, any room for him in your sig?

Ken Dryden

Jerry Cheevers

Ed Giacomin

pfft, whatev.

I'd trade all those cards for one Bernie Parent lol.

Sorry. Sojer made that for me many years ago & you don't mess with the LCB line.

I have another somewhere of the 4 horsemen (Dave "Hammer" Schultz, Andre "Moose" Dupont. Don "Big Bird" Saleski & Bob "Hound" Kelly.

I liked Parent as well but never got a sig made up. I use a picture of Bernie's protege Pelle Lindbergh when I'm in Flyers chat though.

Sorry. Sojer made that for me many years ago & you don't mess with the LCB line.

I have another somewhere of the 4 horsemen (Dave "Hammer" Schultz, Andre "Moose" Dupont. Don "Big Bird" Saleski & Bob "Hound" Kelly.

I liked Parent as well but never got a sig made up. I use a picture of Bernie's protege Pelle Lindbergh when I'm in Flyers chat though.

Uggh, what a tragedy.

I have to admit, I've never hated Philly :ph34r:

Boston too, early 70's powerhouses.

I kept #4 playing D, and was always a #$%^ about having #1 when I moved to net when I got tired of lousy goaltending.

Burakovsky, yes. I hate the Pens.

Uggh, what a tragedy.

I have to admit, I've never hated Philly :ph34r:

Boston too, early 70's powerhouses.

I kept #4 playing D, and was always a #$%^ about having #1 when I moved to net when I got tired of lousy goaltending.

Burakovsky, yes. I hate the Pens.

"Broad Street Bullies" & "Big Bad Bruins".

Yet in 1976 the Habs out-toughed my Flyers as they swept them in the final. The 1st 3 games were all decided by 1 goal.

"Broad Street Bullies" & "Big Bad Bruins".

Yet in 1976 the Habs out-toughed my Flyers as they swept them in the final. The 1st 3 games were all decided by 1 goal.

Reg MacLeish, Cashman, Big Walt Tzachuk, Brad Park, Orest Kindrachuk, The French Connection, Jean Ratelle.

Man oh man, those were the days. Johnny Bucyk (RIP) retired to the Kootenays right next door to friends of mine.

You might find this interesting ff.

I met a guy, about 70, a couple yrs ago, he works for Marcel Dionne at his emporium in Niagara/St Catherine's.

I told my 10yo, "ask Marcel about working on your shot, he scored one or two goals hahaha". Marcel told some funnies and passed us on to this guy, wish I could remember his name, but wow.

We spoke at great length while my boy wandered off.

He told me, "you see these guys now getting huge contracts, I say, GOOD. You can't pay them enough. Do you think Marcel made a lot of money in the NHL? He didn't. In my day, me and the best guys I ever played with didn't play in the NHL, we played Men's Leagues, we had families to support, we needed paying jobs. In my day when Montreal was winning all of those Cups, our Men's League teams would have have wiped the floor with them. But we couldn't play in the NHL because it wasn't a living for us guys with families".

I'd love to start a thread of the NHL's best fights, but it would get jacked into, "oooo, fighting should be banned". 5'8 Stan Jonathan anyone?

Back on topic, watching St Loo v Dallas right now, and man I've always like Lehtonen since the moment he was a Thrashers goalie.

Archived