2016 NHL Trade Deadline

CheersMan

MTL trades 2010 1st rd pick Tinorti (24) to PHX for two undrafted players in Scott (33) and Bartley (28).  That pretty much confirms Tinordi is a bust.  Hayes, Kuznetsov, Coyle, Etem, Faulk, Smith-Pelly, Nelson, Toffoli, Kingberg, Ferland, Gallagher and Stone were all drafted in the same year later rounds.  It hurts when those 1st round picks don't pan out.

MTL trades 2010 1st rd pick Tinorti (24) to PHX for two undrafted players in Scott (33) and Bartley (28).  That pretty much confirms Tinordi is a bust.  Hayes, Kuznetsov, Coyle, Etem, Faulk, Smith-Pelly, Nelson, Toffoli, Kingberg, Ferland, Gallagher and Stone were all drafted in the same year later rounds.  It hurts when those 1st round picks don't pan out.

Thats crazy. I heard some people saying that Tinorti was a  solid player, I dont see why MTL traded him for john scott and bartley though. Very weird.

Tinordi isn't very good and really got caught up in how dmen have evolved. He was suppose to be that stay at home physical Dman aka Regehr but he never really improved mich since drafted. Doesn't handle outside speed well and give you bassically no offence. Really tough in today game to have a Dman that gives you no offence.

• 1 month later...

Bit surprised at the price on Ladd, not so much the first rounder but the first rounder with Dano who is considered an upper end prospect. So far, the Sellars are difinetley getting good value for their assets.

Ladd is such a great fit for what Chicago needs that it makes a lot of sense for them. That really allows them to matchup with anyone. 

Seems funny to me that a lot of us critique the Flames of the Dutter years for giving away so many picks and leaving our cupboards bare.

Yet Chicago, who we hold up as a model franchise to follow, does that a lot too. They just get some picks and prospects back in other areas.

That, but they also have a much, much better group and core of players than the Flames had under Darryl and its in the prime of its career. The complaint for me with Darryl was he gave up too much future assets to support a core that was getting past its expiry date and didn't have the right mix anyway. 

But to your point too, Chicago does a great job of moving guys out every now and then and re couping assets too beause they draft well, Darryl also never did that and never got the point where he had young assets he could send out to recoup assets. Chicago probably has another 2-3 more seasons where they can go all in and then I think they'll need to start holding on to more picks, but the reality is they could win another 1 or 2 more cups. Trade off is worth it. 

Seems funny to me that a lot of us critique the Flames of the Dutter years for giving away so many picks and leaving our cupboards bare.

Seems in hindsight, hanging onto those 1st rounders were the worst thing he did.  Chucko, Pelech, Irving, Nemisz,... Should've just traded them for that elusive #1 Center we never got.

I let the Tony Amonte and the Jeff Friesen type signings slide..then he brought Oli Jokinen back TWICE! That's when I realized he was chasing a man crush and not the best interest of the team. He hated the Draft because the Draft only matters to losing teams. He went all in for now and it hurts for tommorow. It's nice to know BT knows when to keep a 1st or 2nd as opposed to just packaging them automatically with every trade

Seems in hindsight, hanging onto those 1st rounders were the worst thing he did.  Chucko, Pelech, Irving, Nemisz,... Should've just traded them for that elusive #1 Center we never got.

Sutter was, really, a "rookie" himself.  His first time as a GM.  Thought he could GM and coach at the same time for a while.

I actually think he improved as a GM over time here, it was his earlier moves that set the team back a decade.

I often wonder if he'll ever give the position a try again.   He's SUCH a good coach, though....unlikely.

His weakness, was his strength.    He thought he knew better...than everyone.  Better than the scouts.   Better than the players (and maybe he did there).

He felt that a player who didn't perform well under him, was worthless.

And a player that performed under him once, and had faded with age, could easily be rejuvenated if brought back.

He thought game-to-game, and ran the team like that as a GM.

The perfect coach.  The worst GM.

I actually think Hartley would be even worse as a GM, in terms of short term focus.  Which is fine, as long as he sticks to his Forte.

Sutter was, really, a "rookie" himself.  His first time as a GM.  Thought he could GM and coach at the same time for a while.

I actually think he improved as a GM over time here, it was his earlier moves that set the team back a decade.

I often wonder if he'll ever give the position a try again.   He's SUCH a good coach, though....unlikely.

His weakness, was his strength.    He thought he knew better...than everyone.  Better than the scouts.   Better than the players (and maybe he did there).

He felt that a player who didn't perform well under him, was worthless.

And a player that performed under him once, and had faded with age, could easily be rejuvenated if brought back.

He thought game-to-game, and ran the team like that as a GM.

The perfect coach.  The worst GM.

I actually think Hartley would be even worse as a GM, in terms of short term focus.  Which is fine, as long as he sticks to his Forte.

I felt Sutter's best moves were the ones he made early into his GM tenure because, I'm guessing he had a lot of free time to watch hockey around the NHL.  By year 3 of coaching and GM, he lost the time he needed to properly scout players.  This affected his ability to make good trades.  The trades he made later in his time as GM were his worst.

Droun is turning into a very intriguing story for me. I think the LIghtning are prepared to wait, but what I find really interesting is would Drouin and his agent really be ok sitting out an entire season? looks like a very real possiblity.

15 minutes to deadline. Drouin Watch still on. Sense seems to be most of TB's action is future considerations more than here and now help.

Droun is turning into a very intriguing story for me. I think the LIghtning are prepared to wait, but what I find really interesting is would Drouin and his agent really be ok sitting out an entire season? looks like a very real possiblity.

15 minutes to deadline. Drouin Watch still on. Sense seems to be most of TB's action is future considerations more than here and now help.

That was one of the worst decision I have seen made by a player/agent.  He is going to miss 1/2 a year of development, look like a spoiled brat, and get traded whenever the GM gets what he wants.  Have to think that the price will go down and not up.

Steve Yzerman said the door is open for Drouin to come back and play this year

69 retweets38 likes

Retweet

More

May be reading into this too much but i'm thinking the bottom has reallly fallen out of his trade value and Yzerman just didn't get any offers remotely close to the value. There was another tweet that said Yzerman admitted some GMs have concerns about how little he has played.

That being said i think there is potetnial his value goes up. I think part of the problem right now is if you are a contending team I don't think you are looking at Drouin. He probably doens't help you know, so why are you going to give up assets? Come Summer though, I think more teams may have interest so I don't think its out of the questions his value goes up a bit. 

Also worth noting he can still be traded he is just ineglibile for playoffs. A team out of the playoff could still make a play. 

Maroon rumored to be heading to EDM.  As effective as he has been vs the Flames, I don't get it from an ANA point of view.

Bob Murray's MO is if you don't perform to your contract he moves you out. Marron really hasn't played well this season and he needs all the cap/budget space he can get his hands on. 

Is anyone here as surprised as me that Vancouver didn't make any moves?  Benning has to be one of the most puzzling guys in the league.

Very. They remind me of the Flames under Feaster. Caught int he middle of not quite a contender but don't want to rebuild either and they think they can outsmart everyone and do it their own way.  So far, I dn't think its working well for them.

Supposible Dallas made an offer similar to what they gave Flames for Russell but Dallas picked Russell. Hamhuis did admit today he didn't want to go to an Easter Conference team so that did limit them. Vrbata had a NTC too and supposibly Benning is saying the teams on that list he woudl accept to weren't overly interested.

Archived