2016 NHL Trade Deadline

CheersMan

Trevling moved all the UFAs this year that he could (except for Nakladal).

Full marks to him on this TDL.

Next season's TDL, I don't really care if he can't get any return on Bollig, Raymond or Smid.

I'd like to try and get something for Engelland & Wideman though.

Trevling moved all the UFAs this year that he could (except for Nakladal).

Full marks to him on this TDL.

Next season's TDL, I don't really care if he can't get any return on Bollig, Raymond or Smid.

I'd like to try and get something for Engelland & Wideman though.

Wideman is a summer deal.  The risk of him starting next season is that Hartley gets too attached and will overplay him through the year, regardless of his numbers.  I am kidding of course.  The advantage of trading him in the summer is that we don't have to worry about having to trade him next TDL, especially if we are in the hunt.   We would probably end up keeping him and he walks for nothing.

This summer, there may be a few budget teams that need players.  Leafs are one.  

Wideman is a summer deal. The risk of him starting next season is that Hartley gets too attached and will overplay him through the year, regardless of his numbers. I am kidding of course. The advantage of trading him in the summer is that we don't have to worry about having to trade him next TDL, especially if we are in the hunt. We would probably end up keeping him and he walks for nothing.

This summer, there may be a few budget teams that need players. Leafs are one.

I also think any of those players now have a chance to be moved this summer. With only one year left on their contracts, they're easier to swallow in any deal. Look at how many untradeable contracts have been moved the last few years.

Bob Murray's MO is if you don't perform to your contract he moves you out. Marron really hasn't played well this season and he needs all the cap/budget space he can get his hands on.

Very. They remind me of the Flames under Feaster. Caught int he middle of not quite a contender but don't want to rebuild either and they think they can outsmart everyone and do it their own way. So far, I dn't think its working well for them.

Supposible Dallas made an offer similar to what they gave Flames for Russell but Dallas picked Russell. Hamhuis did admit today he didn't want to go to an Easter Conference team so that did limit them. Vrbata had a NTC too and supposibly Benning is saying the teams on that list he woudl accept to weren't overly interested.

I think everything went down hill for Vancouver when they re-signed the Sedins. I think they had too, but now they are stuck with $14mill in unmovable cap hits that are prolonging the inevitable.

I think I was more surprised that they didn't move Vrbata than I was about Hamhuis. Hamhuis gave a list of 2 or 3 teams and 2 of them had cap issues, the other chose Russell. Apparently no one on Vrbata's list put in an offer on him.

Vancouver has to figure out if they are coming or going.

I think everything went down hill for Vancouver when they re-signed the Sedins. I think they had too, but now they are stuck with $14mill in unmovable cap hits that are prolonging the inevitable.

I think I was more surprised that they didn't move Vrbata than I was about Hamhuis. Hamhuis gave a list of 2 or 3 teams and 2 of them had cap issues, the other chose Russell. Apparently no one on Vrbata's list put in an offer on him.

Vancouver has to figure out if they are coming or going.

And now apprantly there is a report out there that Dallas called them again, after acquiring Russell, and amended an offer but Canucks never called back... Linden tried to squash that, but its hard to dismiss it given how they have operated. 

Canucks really feel to me like they are the Feaster Flames. They have a poor pulse of their team, can't decide what direction they want to go and now they seem to be having alot of negative stores get either leaked or put out there. They also come across as very passive, more like they wait for deals to come to them rather than shopping players.  I completely understand why Canucks fans get upset at even the smallest of moves beause so far there really isn't alot of reason to trust this new regime. 

And now apprantly there is a report out there that Dallas called them again, after acquiring Russell, and amended an offer but Canucks never called back... Linden tried to squash that, but its hard to dismiss it given how they have operated.

Canucks really feel to me like they are the Feaster Flames. They have a poor pulse of their team, can't decide what direction they want to go and now they seem to be having alot of negative stores get either leaked or put out there. They also come across as very passive, more like they wait for deals to come to them rather than shopping players. I completely understand why Canucks fans get upset at even the smallest of moves beause so far there really isn't alot of reason to trust this new regime.

From some of the things I have heard, management wants to rebuild but ownership isn't ready to throw in the towel. I honestly don't think they will be able to go full rebuild while the Sedin's are there and they won't ever be able to trade them.

I also find it puzzling why they bring young guys up and park them on the 4th line the whole year. They did it to Horvat for long stretches last year, and have done it to McCann and Virtanen this year. That is poor development of some of your core prospects.

Archived