NHL All-Star Rosters

DirtyDeeds

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't watched the All-Star game in years.  I tuned in today because I wanted to see Johnny playing 3 on 3 and I was not disappointed.  :D  A little birdie told me that Hall was a Flames fan growing up.  Perhaps we can lure him away from the Oilers at some point?  :P

Not right now. If the Oiler message boards are any indication, then Eberle and Yak are the Core they are willing to trade away. Maybe RNH if we overpay.

Yes Mr Friedman. When you earn and win a portion of 1 million dollars, please tell us which charity you donate your share to....

I watched most of this weekend. Lots of good things to talk about: (for a change)

Weak Pacific Division wins it all.... Way to go guys...

John Scott wins MVP... Salute Mr Scott.

In the end Mr Scott got his minutes of fame and earned them. The fans who sent him there had their wishes justified.

Goaltenders won the final 3 on 3.... Let that sink in a minute...

Hall JH and Gio line? ... impressive.

I am pretty sure JH or Larkin had most chances......

Overall I enjoyed this format.. expect the NHL to tweak the fun out of it...

I was disgusted with Friedman.  Ask one the lowest paid players in the NHL if he is giving his bonus to charity.  Yes, he makes a lot compared to you or I.  But they should have asked a player like Perry or Sedin that question.  Or ask the same of Scott.  Classless.

Before the final, Bettman made sure that everyone knew there would be no more write in votes.  

Hall and Johnny was a strange combo; two LW.  Even so, they managed 3 goals between them.  It sure would be nice to have a player of Hall's speed on Johnny's wing in CGY.

This was as far from the original format that it was actually pretty exciting.  No shinny game.  D-men coming as close to penalties that the refs would allow.  Goalies playing like it was a SCF game.  No real showboating.  CBC tried everything they could do to take the spotlight off the game and focus on random players or people.  Stupid commentary.  Dave Randorf?  Really?  Is that the best that CBC could come up with?

I was actually surprised that there were only two goals (one disallowed) scored in the final.  Johnny killed me with his two posts.  My favourite part of the game was when John Scott hit Kane.  Then Kane came back and scored and then dropped the gloves with Scott.  Too funny!  :lol:

FON I was thinking the same about Hall.  Not all of an expert so did not want to say it first and get reemed.

Don't be afraid of getting reemed.  It happens to everyone.  I'm getting raked over the coals on a different forum for defending Wideman right now.  :P

Not right now. If the Oiler message boards are any indication, then Eberle and Yak are the Core they are willing to trade away. Maybe RNH if we overpay.

I suspect we'd have to pay more than Hall is worth to get him here. Having the Alberta line for the Pacific team was good enough and kinda fun. Only way we get him is through overpayment or he suddenly tanks so bad he gets put on waivers. A fan can dream though eh? If he really wanted to play for CGY and we are very competitive when his current contract expires, then maybe he'd sign with us for decent value. I'm sure he wants a Cup; I'm just as sure that Edmonton will not win one in the rest of his time there.

I was actually surprised that there were only two goals (one disallowed) scored in the final.  Johnny killed me with his two posts.  My favourite part of the game was when John Scott hit Kane.  Then Kane came back and scored and then dropped the gloves with Scott.  Too funny!  :lol:

Don't be afraid of getting reemed.  It happens to everyone.  I'm getting raked over the coals on a different forum for defending Wideman right now.  :P

That mock fight was pretty funny.

That is why I haven't gone to the Wideman forum thread for some time. It just wasn't worth my time and effort wading through toxic sludge. I'm on your side though FON.

Maybe the NHL brought in some WWE writers to do a script for him....

If they didn't this is about what you would end up with.

I really wonder if this weekend was followed a lot more because of Scott and all the controversy. Needless to say, I think this All-Star break will go down in NHL history for its uniqueness.

This was actually a great thing for the NHL. It glorified the human element of assisting a fellow player regardless of his status in the league. Scott must be commended on how well he took this process, as it was not of his doing. I commend the players as they opened their arms to him and everyone enjoyed the storyline. As Scott arose a proclaimed favorite of the ASG, IMHO the winners of this was the NHL, the players and fans. As the fans started the Scott process as a joke it showed unbelievable acceptance of players, fans and now the media.

This will not increase Scott's career as a hokey player, but it did elevate the NHL, fans and players. This turned into a human story with a great ending. This whole story just rekindled the ASG just because of the way the players fans and NHL treated Scott over the weekend. I was extremely proud to be an NHL fan after this weekend.   

From:   http://www.tsn.ca/talent/mondaymustread-scott-approached-about-movie-1.431618

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — NHL All-Star Game MVP John Scott being carried on his teammates’ shoulders on Sunday was better than any Hollywood script. It actually happened.

But Scott’s story could eventually play out again on the big screen.

Through his agent, Ben Hankinson of Octagon Hockey, Scott has been approached about the possibility of a movie based on his career in addition to a slew of endorsement opportunities.

Hankinson said Monday he is only beginning to sort through the options.

Archived