NHL All-Star Rosters

DirtyDeeds

2016 NHL All-Star Rosters (fan-elected captains italicized):

ATLANTIC DIVISION: F Patrice Bergeron (Bruins), F Jaromir Jagr (Panthers), F Leo Komarov (Maple Leafs), F Dylan Larkin (Red Wings), F Ryan O'Reilly (Sabres), F Steven Stamkos (Lightning), D Aaron Ekblad (Panthers), D Erik Karlsson (Senators), D P.K. Subban (Canadiens), G Ben Bishop (Lightning) and G Roberto Luongo (Panthers)

METROPOLITAN DIVISION: F Nicklas Backstrom (Capitals), F Claude Giroux (Flyers), F Evgeni Malkin (Penguins), F Alex Ovechkin (Capitals), F Brandon Saad (Blue Jackets), F John Tavares (Islanders), D Justin Faulk (Hurricanes), D Kris Letang (Penguins), D Ryan McDonagh (Rangers), G Braden Holtby (Capitals) and G Cory Schneider (Devils)

CENTRAL DIVISION: F Jamie Benn (Stars), F Matt Duchene (Avalanche), F Patrick Kane (Blackhawks), F Tyler Seguin (Stars), F Vladimir Tarasenko (Blues), F Jonathan Toews (Blackhawks), D Dustin Byfuglien (Jets), D Roman Josi (Predators), D Shea Weber (Predators), G Devan Dubnyk (Wild) and G Pekka Rinne (Predators)

PACIFIC DIVISION: F Johnny Gaudreau (Flames), F Taylor Hall (Oilers), F Joe Pavelski (Sharks), F Corey Perry (Ducks), F John Scott (Coyotes), F Daniel Sedin (Canucks), D Brent Burns (Sharks), D Drew Doughty (Kings), D Mark Giordano (Flames), G John Gibson (Ducks) and G Jonathan Quick (Kings)

http://www.tsn.ca/su...-stars-1.418895

1. What happened to Sid the Kid?
  2. Is 3vs3 the route to go?
  3. You going to watch?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am intrigued by the 3 on 3 so i will likely tune in.

personally thougth the All Star game is truning into a joke/side show so I have little interest. John Scott has no business being an all star and the fact he got voted in is just another turn off to the whole process. 

I agree re: John Scott.  I'm all for the fans voting but there have to be restrictions so that something like that doesn't happen again. 

I used to watch the all star game but I haven't in years.  It's become somewhat of a joke lately.  It falls on my weekend off this year, though, so I'll probably make an effort to watch the skills competition...mostly because Johnny will be in it.  :D

I agree re: John Scott.  I'm all for the fans voting but there have to be restrictions so that something like that doesn't happen again. 

I used to watch the all star game but I haven't in years.  It's become somewhat of a joke lately.  It falls on my weekend off this year, though, so I'll probably make an effort to watch the skills competition...mostly because Johnny will be in it.   :D

The regular game is sorely lacking in intensity.  It's like watching an alumni game.  The 3v3 format will make it more like 3v3 OT in real games.  There isn't hitting much in OT games, as it takes a player out of the play to execute, and can lead to a 2-on-1 breakaway.  You will probably see Johnny/Gio/Center lined up on one side.  Sedin with Johnny would make the most sense.  Maybe Little Joe.

The skills comp is a joke.  Only part of it even has any effort to it.  The breakaway challenge is insulting to the player, since it is more of a joke than any skill.  Seeing Johnny pushed along by Giroux like the kid Johansen pushed was all in good fun, but it's not something I would pay to watch.

See, the breakaway challenge is something I'd absolutely love as a fan if they actually tried creative hockey plays. Not trying to bat a puck out of mid air into the net, or using a kid as a prop. Though the Johnny thing last year cracked me up. The selfie one was hilarious too but I'd rather see someone try a ridiculous (as in amazing) deke.

See, the breakaway challenge is something I'd absolutely love as a fan if they actually tried creative hockey plays. Not trying to bat a puck out of mid air into the net, or using a kid as a prop. Though the Johnny thing last year cracked me up. The selfie one was hilarious too but I'd rather see someone try a ridiculous (as in amazing) deke.

Last year's version was less than entertaining, except for cracking up watching Johnny.  The rest were trick plays that either didn't work or were ho-hum.  The "Johnny gets lit up" one would have been one for the ages, but it was nixed.  Johnny's not a real show-boat, so it was that or a regular deke move.

Some of the other events were just a few guys.  The slapshot one had Buff, Chara, Ovi and maybe another two guys.  Not really exciting, but at least Buff (??) set a new record.   Zzzzzzz.  

This skills comp has been the only part I have enjoyed watching for years. I was kind of looking forward to the 3on3 format but the fact that I have to watch John Scott out there and potentially playing with Gaudreau makes the whole game less appealing.

The whole John Scott thing feels like a joke that went too far, everyone was like wouldn't it be funny if we voted in the least skilled guy in the NHL and now that it happened everyone is like well this is dumb.

The central has a stacked team, it will be hard for the Pacific to get past them, so we might only have to bear with watching Scott for a period.

This skills comp has been the only part I have enjoyed watching for years. I was kind of looking forward to the 3on3 format but the fact that I have to watch John Scott out there and potentially playing with Gaudreau makes the whole game less appealing.

The whole John Scott thing feels like a joke that went too far, everyone was like wouldn't it be funny if we voted in the least skilled guy in the NHL and now that it happened everyone is like well this is dumb.

The central has a stacked team, it will be hard for the Pacific to get past them, so we might only have to bear with watching Scott for a period.

I would say the central is that much more stacked in then the pacfic, they were comparing the goals for all the divisions players this year. The pacific was a bit behind the central, but we also have a guy who hasent scored all season in john scott.

I would say the central is that much more stacked in then the pacfic, they were comparing the goals for all the divisions players this year. The pacific was a bit behind the central, but we also have a guy who hasent scored all season in john scott.

With Sedan, Perry, Scott and Pavelski the Pacific has the slowest team by a country mile. In a 3on3 tournamnet skating ability will be a huge factor.

i heard on radio that Daniel Sedin was likely going to be with Gio and JH.

OK Pacific lines would be:

Gaudreau, Sedin, Giordano

Pavelski, Scott, Burns

Hall, Perry, Doughty

Gaudreau/Sedin/Gio is a natural fit.  Gaudreau/Gio/Doughty is a in-play change that would be deadly too.  I'm not up on my Sedin's, but can Daniel take faceoffs?  His bro is usually the faceoff guy, right?

Hall/Perry is the battle of the puckhogs.  Pav/Scott/Burns is probably the only good fit for Scott.

They should do what Baseball does. The team that wins the All-Star Game gets home ice advantage in the Stanley Cup Finals.

I mean no offense, but I absolutely hate this idea. Home ice advantage means something and it should go to the team that earned it in the regular season.

Watching the game on tv at home  Pav/Scott/Burns   is probably the only good fit for Scott.

Fixed...   :ph34r:

Scott is taking the place of a more deserving player from the Yotes...   I'm guessing the league will make changes to ensure this doesn't happen again...

John Scott being voted in is awesome.  It shows the league just how much of a joke the all star break has become.

I remember when it was East vs West, and the competition was heated.  Those were the good ol' days.  Now, it's a sideshow for kids.  I'm all for kids enjoying the game, but kids will enjoy the game even when it's serious.  I sure did, and I turned out fine.......I think.

I just hope the whole Scott joke doesn't become awkward during the broadcast.  But I am glad that he' gets to be part of it.  He and his family will carry this memory for years to come. 

Just thought I would throw this out there.  John Scott traded to Montreal.  Does he still remain the Captain for the Pacific

If it were up to me, Scott would now be ruled ineligible for the All Star game, the Coyote with the next most votes would get in the game instead and the Pacific would go with whoever had the next most votes as their Captain...

The three way trade went like this...   First, the Preds sent Bartley to the Yotes for Elliott...   Then, the the Habs traded Tinordi and Fournier to the Yotes for Scott and Bartley...    http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/montreal-canadiens-trade-jarred-tinordi/

1a7bc13669fe1c8c116dca2d996dc29b.png

What's really intersting now is that Montreal sent him to the AHL and according to Chris Johnston of Sporsnet have no plans to recall him and becuase he is not on an active NHL roster it actually would make him ineligible for the All Star game. Bob Mackenzie also mentioned that both the NHL and the Coyotes asked him to stepped down form the All-Star game and he refused so no cue speculation that this trade was a colluded effort to keep John Scott out of the All-Star game.

I don't like that Scott got voted it and whiel I agree he should have stepped down I disagree with how far this has gone. The NHL put the rules out there and should live with the result and the fans who voted him in should get to see it. This is coming across very slimy on the part of the NHL

The NHL didn't make the trade, or put Scott on waivers...   Maybe the Yotes were not happy he didn't step down and let another player represent them...   I would rather see Ekman-Larsson playing, and the Pacific team would be better off if they actually attempt to win and get the million bucks to split among themselves...

The voting system was a farce...   10 votes a day from as many accounts as a person wanted to create...   I am thinking that next year there is a different voting system in place with a limited selection of players...

Archived