Farewell Max Reinhart and good luck!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Carroll plays mostly RW.  Smith is getting too old to play in junior so he is likely bound for Stockton.  Jooris is subject to waivers this season.  I do think they let Hanowski walk, since he really doesn't have anything going for him.  The difference between him and Reinhart is that Rhino can play multiple positions and is pretty good on the PK.  I also see BVB going, since he never caught on enough to get a callup.  Maybe they get signed to an AHL deal (Hano & BVB).

Smiths contract depends on what happens with jooris/byron/shore. Only room for two of them on Flames roster. If one gets sent down Hunter can work on his skillset in junior an extra year.

If instead of getting sent down we deal one of them away it only makes sense to bring Hunter up to AHL. There is just no use for the Flames to tie their hands until they get to training camp. Wolf/Arnold/Smith would be a pretty beefy line in the AHL.

Smiths contract depends on what happens with jooris/byron/shore. Only room for two of them on Flames roster. If one gets sent down Hunter can work on his skillset in junior an extra year.

If instead of getting sent down we deal one of them away it only makes sense to bring Hunter up to AHL. There is just no use for the Flames to tie their hands until they get to training camp. Wolf/Arnold/Smith would be a pretty beefy line in the AHL.

We still have to ice an AHL team.  Keeping Smith in junior doesn't add much to his development, as the Flames have no control of his development or usage.  There may be a graduation or two from the AHL this year, so we need the bodies.  Last year, the baby Flames had to play Seiloff at forward due to AHL callups at one point.

Im not, even if he has been passed at centre because we got guys like Monahan and Bennett doesn't mean he has no value to us. Centres that can play wing are good players to have in the bottom 6. He is depth right now and maybe he has a bounce back year this year. It's not like he is blocking anyones development down in the AHL. It isn't until next year when Jankowski is coming in that we will need to make room between Granlund/Reinhart/Arnold.

Also there are currently 2 jobs between Byron/Shore/Jooris at the NHL level (assuming Bollig/Ferland/Bennett make/keep their spots)

Jooris tailed off at the end of the year and who is to say that Granlund or someone beats out one of those guys for their spot? New season, new team, etc.

Worst case scenario Reinhart is worth a late round pick to someone or perhaps Granlund is worth more and we deal him instead.

Keeping Reinhart makes sense because Jankowski is going back to school. If Jankowski was heading to the AHL I dont' think Reinhart would have been qualified but now he's got another year to see if he can get back up the depth chart and if not I think you'll likely see the Flames move on.

Keeping Reinhart makes sense because Jankowski is going back to school. If Jankowski was heading to the AHL I dont' think Reinhart would have been qualified but now he's got another year to see if he can get back up the depth chart and if not I think you'll likely see the Flames move on.

I think Reinhart is an asset, whether he ever makes it to the Flames or gets traded or is released next year.  He will provide some stability on the Heat this season, which is needed for roster turnover.  They suffered last season because of the call-ups.

Maybe EDM or BUF want to double up on their Reinharts.  I would be more inclined to trade with BUF over EDM, because they have better assets.

I am surprised we got anything for him.  This is a solid trade by Treliving.  It was also classy of the organization to give him a change of scenery.  It was pretty clear there wasn't going to be an NHL opportunity for him on the Flames.  

I give the Flames credit for doing exactly what I had hoped for in my original post. Good luck Max!

I was hoping Max Reinhart would blossom last year but with guys moving ahead of him like Fear-land, Porrier, Shore, etc. I think it is time for the Flames (Heat) to trade him to another organization where he can get a fresh start. Who knows, maybe with the right coach or line-mates Max could become a good third or fourth liner? Either way, he is going nowhere here and like Sven we need to free him and give his dreams a chance to materialize.

Reinhart may of had a chance at our bottom 6 if we didnt happen to land Monahan and Bennett in back to back drafts. Its not knock on the player or the organization but things just didn't fall in his favour. Nashville may give him a better shot as he is likely one of their first callups for bottom 6 forward help. They have some good forwards in their pipe but they are more of the offensive variety.

Archived