Official Sam Bennett Discussion Thread

flames-fan-911

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I agree but there just seems to be more emphasis on shutting down top scorers by tightening up on them. In watching playoffs over the past years it seems the team that gets the most secondary scoring does really well.

We need someone like Backlund to break out or Jones. Even Jooris has been quiet. At this time of the year we shouldn't the catalyst of a Bennett to get the team going. I love that it helps but we need more from the guys that have been here. Joe Colborne score some goals !!!

This is why I didn't (and still don't) understand not playing him in all 4 final regular season games.

4 regular season games plus 7 playoff games = one year burned off RFA status.

1 regular season game plus 7 playoffs games = still under 10 games played this year.

Bennett never got much ice time in the third. Hopefully he never re-aggravated any physical ailments. Maybe Hartley sat him to watch and learn.

I can't imagine going in hard for a big hit and then Edler throughs out the elbow and catches Bennett off guard. Could have certainly re aggravated something. Hope Bennett doesn't turn into an injury prone player.

4 regular season games plus 7 playoff games = one year burned off RFA status.

1 regular season game plus 7 playoffs games = still under 10 games played this year.

This.

If they get to the second round, it burns the year off the ELC. That's worth it. Playing the last four games, and falling to Vancouver in five games would not have been worth it.

Love.

Don't know if this means much but Benny posted an instagram pic with the caption "back to the dome for game 3. #stanleycupplayoffs". So his spirits do seem high. Hopefully was benched for precautionary reasons. If we can start getting some lucky bounces and some secondary scoring, I can see Monahudreau loosen up and start putting up some points.

Maybe it is playoff jitters but we have to make way better passes and quit coughing up the puck. This was evident in both games.

Settle down boys and play your game.

Who knows with these injuries and the lack of reporting on them. If he aggravated that shoulder they should shut him down.

So CDC has renamed their "Canucks Talk" sub-forum "Sam Bennett is 18 Talk."

I for one am pleased to see that they recognize his youthful talents :D

I thought it was because Jim Hughson keeps saying Bennett is 18 and it's a mock of Jim Hughson rather than recognizing Bennett's talents.  If i'm not mistaken of course.  i don't follow CDC that closely.

I thought it was because Jim Hughson keeps saying Bennett is 18 and it's a mock of Jim Hughson rather than recognizing Bennett's talents.  If i'm not mistaken of course.  i don't follow CDC that closely.

I believe you are correct.  Funny still.  Even getting under the skin of the fans.  

It's true. He's allowed in the bar in Calgary, but for road games the team has to sit on the restaurant side.

Love.

The team is trying to end it soon, so that he doesn't have to go to seedy bars in Vancouver with a fake ID.  Too many people have seen his face and have heard he is 18.

The team is trying to end it soon, so that he doesn't have to go to seedy bars in Vancouver with a fake ID. Too many people have seen his face and have heard he is 18.

It's only a matter of time until Samuel L. Buffett is no longer pulling the wool over the eyes of the door guy at the Cambie.

Love.

Archived