Flames Qualifying Offers - Who Is Retained

Carty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still pissed we traded Brossoit I believe that is going to bit us in the rear end for yrs to come and then just give up on Roy. Some time this owner ship just drive me Crazy.

When Brossoit is about to bite us, let us know.

Or Roy for that matter.

Smid is a regular in the NHL, until one of these 2 or Horak is, no point dwelling on it.

Trade won, I'm not concerned. Gillies and Ortio are better prospects. Even Mason Mac has really built up the positives.

Laurent who?

Or Roy for that matter.

Smid is a regular in the NHL, until one of these 2 or Horak is, no point dwelling on it.

Trade won, I'm not concerned. Gillies and Ortio are better prospects. Even Mason Mac has really built up the positives.

Laurent who?

I think we have a good base for goaltending for now. It's a matter of building up the D and scoring from here on out. We've got Hiller to fill in until Ortio or Ramo or whomever else comes along to take over. So far I like Ramo and I think he has a steady calm presence. On a better team he might have faired well. THis is especially after he came back from his injuries. 

We also have to remember that Ramo was coming off a bad injury which he was healing from last summer. His first half numbers may have been different. 

I am a little miffed about Brossoit, but I just don't think we can get too upset with what management does during this rebuild because how many players are going to stick? In a few years we've over half the roster will be weeded out, as well as a lot of our prospect pool as we keep building up our team. It's going to be both the NHL and AHL rosters that are going to have turnover. 

Or Roy for that matter.

Laurent who?

This ^^^

Take Smid out of our lineup and it gives you greater insight on how valuable he is even at 3rd pairing. Smid filled in great while Wideman was injured.

Horak? gone to KHL.

So far I have only seen one say Ortio and /or Gillies are not our best prospects in the net.

We won the trade by a country mile and Horak gone missing, made that all the sweeter.

This ^^^

Take Smid out of our lineup and it gives you greater insight on how valuable he is even at 3rd pairing. Smid filled in great while Wideman was injured.

Horak? gone to KHL.

So far I have only seen one say Ortio and /or Gillies are not our best prospects in the net.

We won the trade by a country mile and Horak gone missing, made that all the sweeter.

I still stick to my belief that mactavish Pollocked us with that trade.we totally won it. But he traded us Smid when Gio got hurt and we were in a tailspin. That trade was the difference between us picking 4th or as high as first. In the end we still got Bennett so the joke is on him..

• 3 weeks later...

By the sounds of it Colborne has been re-signed, waiting on an official announcement.

2 years @ $1.25 AAV $1.275 AAV

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 20s
As per @RealKyper Joe Colborne settles with #Flames 2 Years....1.25 M per season. Super kid...wish him well.

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 38m
Make that 1.275 Million per season for Colborne..

That's good contract value and term imo, should be enough to see if he can keep improving and how he stacks up when we're ready to start competing!

Good news.  Good cap hit.  Colborne hasn't proven himself yet but will get ample opportunities with this new deal.  I see him as a potential 3rd line defensive Center and/or riding shotgun with Monahan on the wing to cycle the boards together.  He's got good size and good reach. Though, doubtful he will be a big points producer like everyone thought when he was first drafted.

Good news.  Good cap hit.  Colborne hasn't proven himself yet but will get ample opportunities with this new deal.  I see him as a potential 3rd line defensive Center and/or riding shotgun with Monahan on the wing to cycle the boards together.  He's got good size and good reach. Though, doubtful he will be a big points producer like everyone thought when he was first drafted.

Put him opposite Johnny Hockey and Monahan, and you might see his scoring hit those of Kevin Hayes (when he played with Johnny).

Have to agree with you Peeps.  Though I like him better on the wing as opposed to center.  I think he can develop into a good power forward and can contribute at least 20-25 goals on average by the time this team is coming out of its rebuild.  

So who's next to be signed?  I'm personally hoping it's Ortio.  I could see a 3 year contract coming his way as his third year would more than likely be his first full season in the NHL.  I just hope Joni sees his opportunity here and is willing to keep pushing.

All I can say is this contract is perfect. I didn't want 3 at 1.5 as his bridge. The 1.275 per year for 2, That's perfect to me.

He'll get pushed down the lineup pdq in a yr or 2 if prospects make big strides. I'm sure he sees that and hopefully takes it reeeaaaal seriously.

i think you should watch for Colburne to make big strides not get pushed down pdq.

All I can say is this contract is perfect. I didn't want 3 at 1.5 as his bridge. The 1.275 per year for 2, That's perfect to me.

He'll get pushed down the lineup pdq in a yr or 2 if prospects make big strides. I'm sure he sees that and hopefully takes it reeeaaaal seriously.

I think this is the type of situation that really shows what you have with a player, huuuuuge competition bubbling up from the Addy Flames depths, these guys are just champing at the bit for a roster spot so this will definitely test Colborne's potential to see if he can flourish how everyone hopes for or if he becomes just a bridge player who we use as an asset down the road.  I'm hoping for the former and not the latter.

The luck of a thousand leprechauns be with you Joe! ;)

I think this is the type of situation that really shows what you have with a player, huuuuuge competition bubbling up from the Addy Flames depths, these guys are just champing at the bit for a roster spot so this will definitely test Colborne's potential to see if he can flourish how everyone hopes for or if he becomes just a bridge player who we use as an asset down the road.  I'm hoping for the former and not the latter.

The luck of a thousand leprechauns be with you Joe! ;)

Joe is a prospect like every other one we have in the pipeline.  He needs to be developed.  Even though he had some chemistry with Monahan last year playing on RW, I think he has to be matched up with a player that helps develop or complements his game. 

Here are some examples of line combos I could see working down the road (not necessarily this year):

Agostino / Monahan / Raymond - combo of speed, toughness and tenacity

Johnny H / Backlund / Granlund - speed, skill and possession

Sven / Arnold / Colborne - skill, size and grit

GlenX / Stajan / Jones - faces the toughest minutes

Some of these may not pan out, but leave room for other coming up.  Agostino gets replaced by Klimchuk.  Jones gets replaced by Poirier. 

It just never quite works out the way you draw it up. LOL

Joe is a prospect like every other one we have in the pipeline.  He needs to be developed.  Even though he had some chemistry with Monahan last year playing on RW, I think he has to be matched up with a player that helps develop or complements his game. 

Here are some examples of line combos I could see working down the road (not necessarily this year):

Agostino / Monahan / Raymond - combo of speed, toughness and tenacity

Johnny H / Backlund / Granlund - speed, skill and possession

Sven / Arnold / Colborne - skill, size and grit

GlenX / Stajan / Jones - faces the toughest minutes

Some of these may not pan out, but leave room for other coming up.  Agostino gets replaced by Klimchuk.  Jones gets replaced by Poirier. 

Undoubtedly we will see some different lines tried by Hartley in the beginning. I think from listening to Trevling most all prospects will have to prove themselves in Adirondak before seeing NHL ice. We won't and shouldn't see experimenting with all the youth you are showing.

I like some of the offseason moves but still think we need a much better top line.

They may never pan out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hartley go with some of these.  He tends to try all options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

2015 Update

12 RFAs were qualified today.

PLAYER  AGE  QUALIFYING OFFER

Byron (26) - $660k
Wolf (25) -  $1.02M
Bouma (25) - $814k
Jooris (24) - $971k
Shore (24) - $1.1M 
Ferland (23) - $685k 
Reinhart (23) - $693k 
Agostino (23) - $924k 
Van Brabant (23) - $1.042M 
Arnold (23) - $1.04M 
Elson (22) - $622k 
Hamilton (22) - $1.6825M 

Total = $15.25M

Acolaste, Hanowski, & Ramage were not qualified, 

Not sure what has become of Mark Cundari.

Archived