Flames Live Prospect Tracker

Flames Live Prospect Tracker
Link is updated weekly and tracked :  By Kehatch. (located in his signature at the bottom of each of his posts)

• Goals
  • Assists
  • Current NHLE's

MHL (Russia) = 0.19
CHL = 0.3
NCAA = 0.41
AHL = 0.44
NHL = 1

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I thought I would open this up again.  In my signature I track all of the Flames players and prospects that are "owned' by the Flames.  This seasons is here.  

Mangiapane is off to a terrific start.  He had a great preseason and so far he has 3 goals and 2 assists in his first 3 games in the CHL.  he might be a fun guy to follow this season. 

S4xon's link gives me an error that says "this item might not exist or is no longer available".  Could this be a rights issue? 

I've tried accessing it from a Windows 10 PC and a Mac running El Capitan.  I have access to OneDrive.

im assuming because thats the old link from 2013. 

Kehatch linked the new one in his post, at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sI4wPRICfJlTZCRaK4nSKfBRnUeM2ffsLkg5MViXj6g/edit#gid=0.

S4xon's link gives me an error that says "this item might not exist or is no longer available".  Could this be a rights issue? 

I've tried accessing it from a Windows 10 PC and a Mac running El Capitan.  I have access to OneDrive.

Nope, it's very old, but Kehatch is keeping the thread alive, and it's much appreciated.  My source for that year hasn't done a prospect tracker since.

• 1 month later...

For me, it was Poirier - Gilles - Hickey to start the year. I'm high on hickey but between his offensive upside and the fact that Poirier is further along make me put him number 1 but let's see how the season develops. It's really a shame Gilles is going to miss time.

Does Granlund still qualify as a prospect?  Or Agostino?  Right now, they are the ones leading the Heat.

I would still qualify them as prospects, but they would be a little further down my list as I don't see them having much offensive impact at the next level. At this point I am not 100% sure what Granlund is, I think he is sort of like Roman Horak, he does a lot of things well but he isn't great or even really good anything. Agostino is going to be a 3rd or 4th line energy guy.

Once upon a time I was really high on Poirier but the more times I watch him I come away less and less impressed. I thought he was supposed to be this hard nosed winger that drives hard to the net, but I haven't seen that in his games at the NHL level or in training camp.

Gillies is probably our top prospect, followed closely by Hickey. After that I have a group of players lead by Jankowski, also in that group would be Kylington, Andersson, Poirier, Granlund, Klimchuk, Kulak and McDonald. The next group would be Mangiapane, Arnold, Agostino, Wotherspoon, Smith.

I would still qualify them as prospects, but they would be a little further down my list as I don't see them having much offensive impact at the next level. At this point I am not 100% sure what Granlund is, I think he is sort of like Roman Horak, he does a lot of things well but he isn't great or even really good anything. Agostino is going to be a 3rd or 4th line energy guy.

Once upon a time I was really high on Poirier but the more times I watch him I come away less and less impressed. I thought he was supposed to be this hard nosed winger that drives hard to the net, but I haven't seen that in his games at the NHL level or in training camp.

Gillies is probably our top prospect, followed closely by Hickey. After that I have a group of players lead by Jankowski, also in that group would be Kylington, Andersson, Poirier, Granlund, Klimchuk, Kulak and McDonald. The next group would be Mangiapane, Arnold, Agostino, Wotherspoon, Smith.

Culkin was a lot higher rated than Kulak was, but untimely injuries had him fall off the radar.  Overall, I still think he is a better player than Kulak.  For some reason Poirier is passing instead of shooting this year.  Not sure why.  His skating, shooting, and grit were his best attributes.  He has worked on his 200 foot game, maybe too much.

Yeah a year ago I likely would have Poirier at the top, Gillies is probably our top prospect thus far this year. Hickey will be a stud and if Kulak, Culkin, Rasmus A., Kylington all pan out that could make Wotherspoon and Sielof expendable down the road. I've liked Jankos progression this year, Mangiapane could be another late rd steal. I'm still high on Granlund tho but we could use a true ace in our system

Does Granlund still qualify as a prospect?  Or Agostino?  Right now, they are the ones leading the Heat.

IMO, Agostino is probably the next call up if a winger was needed. I though he was real solid in camp and seems to be off to a decent start on the A too. I'm not sure he'll ever progress past the 3rd line and that's why I don't rate him highly as a prospect but I'll be surprised if he doesn't see some NHL time this season. I still quite like him.

Granland is still a prospect for me I just don't have him rated highly. I'm not the biggest fan and I question what type of nhler he can be should he be able to crack the line up.

I brought this up before, but what is the feeling on Gilmour these days.  6 games played and 5 points.  Had a bit of a down year last year with 11 points, but coming out strong in his final NCAA season.  Keeper or not?

Keeper in the sense do the sign him at the end of the year or keeper in the sense or do they have something?

Gilmour is a solid offensive contributed but his lack of size, strength and defensive ability are going to make it real tough to crack an NHL lineup. He just doesn't have enough offensive punch right now to make up for those other deficiencies. I would still sign him because worst case you've got another puck moving dman on the Hear, but I'm not high on his NHL potential.

IMO, Agostino is probably the next call up if a winger was needed. I though he was real solid in camp and seems to be off to a decent start on the A too. I'm not sure he'll ever progress past the 3rd line and that's why I don't rate him highly as a prospect but I'll be surprised if he doesn't see some NHL time this season. I still quite like him.

Granland is still a prospect for me I just don't have him rated highly. I'm not the biggest fan and I question what type of nhler he can be should he be able to crack the line up.

Keeper in the sense do the sign him at the end of the year or keeper in the sense or do they have something?

Gilmour is a solid offensive contributed but his lack of size, strength and defensive ability are going to make it real tough to crack an NHL lineup. He just doesn't have enough offensive punch right now to make up for those other deficiencies. I would still sign him because worst case you've got another puck moving dman on the Hear, but I'm not high on his NHL potential.

Considering we have some potential blue-chip D-men in the pipeline already, with the NHL ready ones not even able to crack the lineup, you are probably right about his future on the team.  Hickey and Andersson are already ahead of him, and we aren't even talking about Naklasal, Kylington, Culkin, Kulak, Morrison, Seiloff or Spoon.  

They do. But they don't crack my top 10 (Granlund is 11).  I like the prospects in my rankings up to 14 and Agostino is 14.  After that I don't have much hope.  My top 14 is:

1. Hickey

2. Gilles

3. Poirier

4. Jankowski

5. Mangiapane

6. Kylington

7. Andersson

8. Arnold

9. Klimchuk

10. Ortio

11. Granlund

12. Smith

13. MacDonald

14. Agostino

Jankowski and Mangiapane have seen the biggest jumps on my list this season.  Kilimchuk saw a bit of a fall, but it is his first season of pro and I still like him.  Morisson had the biggest fall.  I was pretty high on him this off season, but he has done nothing so far.  

The only place I don't feel good about is Poirier.  I have him at 3 because of what I have seen in the past.  But I am starting to lose faith in him.  Hopefully he restores faith soon.  I am close to dropping him to around 8.  

• 1 month later...

Flames goalie prospect Nick Schneider or the Medicine Hat Tigers was WHL goalie of the week

http://whl.ca/article/chiefs-yamamoto-named-whl-player-of-the-week

#Flames prospect Nick Schneider earns #WHL Goalie of the Week honours -- 2-1-0 with a 1.18 GAA & .958 save percentage last week.

4 retweets3 likes

Retweet

More

Continues to be a great story. Up and down year, partly because the Hat isn't very good, but nice to see.

Flames goalie prospect Nick Schneider or the Medicine Hat Tigers was WHL goalie of the week

http://whl.ca/article/chiefs-yamamoto-named-whl-player-of-the-week

#Flames prospect Nick Schneider earns #WHL Goalie of the Week honours -- 2-1-0 with a 1.18 GAA & .958 save percentage last week.

4 retweets3 likes

Retweet

More

Continues to be a great story. Up and down year, partly because the Hat isn't very good, but nice to see.

How exactly did we sign him without breaking any CHL agreements?

They do. But they don't crack my top 10 (Granlund is 11).  I like the prospects in my rankings up to 14 and Agostino is 14.  After that I don't have much hope.  My top 14 is:

1. Hickey

2. Gilles

3. Poirier

4. Jankowski

5. Mangiapane

6. Kylington

7. Andersson

8. Arnold

9. Klimchuk

10. Ortio

11. Granlund

12. Smith

13. MacDonald

14. Agostino

Jankowski and Mangiapane have seen the biggest jumps on my list this season.  Kilimchuk saw a bit of a fall, but it is his first season of pro and I still like him.  Morisson had the biggest fall.  I was pretty high on him this off season, but he has done nothing so far.  

The only place I don't feel good about is Poirier.  I have him at 3 because of what I have seen in the past.  But I am starting to lose faith in him.  Hopefully he restores faith soon.  I am close to dropping him to around 8.  

I would be interested to know how things look now at the Christmas break.  Guys like Hamilton, Grant, and Shore would likely have to be considered as a prospect, even if you consider them to be possible career AHL's.

Hamilton - 7g 8a in 23 games

Shore - 3g 12a in 23 games

Agostino - 4g 10a in 22 games

Grant 10g 3a in 15 games

Ortio 4w 4l 3.45 GAA 0.881 SV% 

Archived