Flames Live Prospect Tracker

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be suprised if Deblouw got anything to be honest and I expect the organization to move on. Other than being great on faceoffs he really doesn't offer you much and hasn't really made any strides since they drafted him. They've already got Jankowski, Arnold, Shore, Hamilton and maybe Grant who can play center in the A for them next year so there really isn't any space.

Gilmour I can understand the AHL deal because they need some depth there and it woudln't hurt to see him at the AHL level to see if he can build on last season but with Deblouw I think you jsut cut bait. 

• 3 months later...

I can never get the audio to work with that site.

I can't speak for Ipads or tabs, but using a Chromebook or a laptop, the page loads with a little time bar at the lower part if the screen, independent of the page.  You use it like any WAV file, just press play.  

• 1 month later...

To rehash a little bit, appears John Gilmor has or is going to, sign with the New York Rangers. 2 year deal. so officially not a part of the Flames organization anymore. 

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2016/8/17/12522380/report-rangers-sign-ncaa-fa-john-gilmour

Also confirmation that Matt Deblouw did not get a contract and is also no longer in the organization

Confirmed: Matthew DeBlouw (F) | Michigan State Univ. -> Wichita Thunder | http://eliteprospects.com/t.php?id=283090  #ECHL

• 2 months later...

Didn't really know where else to put this but found this interesting. Pavel Karnaukhov is going to play in the Canada - Russia Super Series this year again the CHL teams as part of Team Russia. Would likely put him on their radar too for the World Juniors which I believe he has 1 more year of eligibility for. 

• 4 weeks later...

The "Paul" Karnauvkov is in fact Pavel. So Pavel Karnauhkov has been invited to Russia's Selection Camp for World Juniors.

So far Dillon Dube, Karnauhkov and Kylington have been invited to Camps. My expectation is that Parsons will get invited to the US Camp and Eete Tuuloa to the Finish Camp. I can't think of anyone else who would be on the radar for the World Juniors so that would make 5 guys on the radar for World Juniors and I would suspect about 3 maybe 4 of them to take part.

Not too bad..

27 minutes ago, cross16 said:

The "Paul" Karnauvkov is in fact Pavel. So Pavel Karnauhkov has been invited to Russia's Selection Camp for World Juniors.

So far Dillon Dube, Karnauhkov and Kylington have been invited to Camps. My expectation is that Parsons will get invited to the US Camp and Eete Tuuloa to the Finish Camp. I can't think of anyone else who would be on the radar for the World Juniors so that would make 5 guys on the radar for World Juniors and I would suspect about 3 maybe 4 of them to take part.

Not too bad..

I would suspect that Tkachuk gets named to the prelim roster too.  I think it's pretty certain he wouldn't go.

16 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I would suspect that Tkachuk gets named to the prelim roster too.  I think it's pretty certain he wouldn't go.

Well typically now they only name a Camp roster of players being invited to the camp and if an NHL team won't release the player they typcially do not get named to the Camp.

Could change but that's how its usually worked lately. I'm sure the US would love to have Tkachuk but no way Flames let him leave. 

On 12/1/2016 at 10:29 AM, cross16 said:

Not too bad..

I did miss someone. Adam Fox was also named to the US preliminary roster along with Tyler Parsons https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/parsons-fox-named-to-usas-wjc-preliminary-roster/c-284407104. He actually looks like he will make that team too, but boy oh boy does the US look weak on defence. 

Still makes 5 guys as Tuulola is not on the Fins Preliminary roster

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I did miss someone. Adam Fox was also named to the US preliminary roster along with Tyler Parsons https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/parsons-fox-named-to-usas-wjc-preliminary-roster/c-284407104. He actually looks like he will make that team too, but boy oh boy does the US look weak on defence. 

Still makes 5 guys as Tuulola is not on the Fins Preliminary roster

Fox is having an outstanding rookie season for Harvard. 16 points in 11 games.

55 minutes ago, zima said:

I guess Phillips is to small he is the top scorer on the vics roster with 36 points in 29 games not bad but I guess You need to be perfect to get a call for some reason. doesn't make sense to me. Im sure some one here can tell me why?

Small and a purely offensive player. Tough to use a roster spot on a player like that and really tough when you look at other options Canada alreay has for their top  6:

Dylan Strome

Dubois

Barzal

Jost

Merkely

Sam Steel

Dube

Mcleod

tough to justify Phillips over anyone on that list. That doesn't even include guys like Taylor Radyish or Gauthier who are skilled and bring size. 

51 minutes ago, zima said:

Ok so Im Bios I want to see Flames prospects Play more than I want Canada to win LOL. Ok Thanx for the heads up I guess Phillips is just a another Skilled forward with no Defensive attributes.

Think about it this way, if you have a multitude of players to choose from, are you going to go with a smaller skilled guy or an equally skilled big guy.  Gaudreau made the US team playing at a much higher level, and that is a US team with not as many choices.  In Canada, there are players that were on the team last year that he would need to beat out, or be scoring at the 2 p/gp played level at least.  

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He doesn't have his own thread so wasn't sure where else to put this...

Linus Lindstrom, Flames 4th rounder from 2016, has been invited to Sweden's World Junior Camp this summer.

2016 draft continues to look very promising. 

Archived