s4xon

You wouldn't be saying that just for the purpose of the tank would you Peeps?...   :ph34r: ...   ...   ...   :lol:

I honestly think that Hiller could be put on waivers before the TDL with no takers...

I would also rather the Flames gave Hiller away and put this guy in net than see Hiller as the starter again tomorrow...

- He has better lateral movement in the net.

- He covers the upper half of the net better.

- He has faster reflexes.

- He's inflatable and would have saved the team $4.5 mil.

1d2499d5d78ec3803b3ea81bb2df1b0d.png

Being inflatabble has it's own issues. I am just worried he'll let himself down

Well the real question is if for some reason the puck goes through the inflatable is that considered a goal? or how much in costs are we looking at for replacing the inflatable multiple times a season...

It could beca real good solution to upcoming cap issues. We could resigb Johnny and Mohnny for top dollar and have in inflatable 4th line. It shouldn't impact too much on performance, as long as we have a coach who knows how to pump up his players

You guys think that I'm kidding here, but I believe it would be an upgrade on Hiller...   Le Goalie travels left/right on the rail track between the posts, and can either be run with a remote control (by anyone but Hiller) or set to automatic...

6a317aac6897b864d42437216bc839fb.png

and it has been done before...

7915c8d2dca205dbe16c8614a80a4542.png

Just as long as we're all aware that the same people bashing Hiller were the ones that praised him only a few months ago.

No patience, no understanding, not even for a vet.

That's why we can't develop prospects here.

this-is-why--we-can39t-have-nice-things-

Pretty sure that isn't true for most / many of us. Also pretty sure Flames fans don't have any decision making authority on the roster.

Just as long as we're all aware that the same people bashing Hiller were the ones that praised him only a few months ago.

this-is-why--we-can39t-have-nice-things-

Whether or not your fans are pateient has no impact on how you develop prospects. Prospects get developed by organization, not fans.

Also comparing patience level with a 34 years old goalie who has been in the NHL for 9 seasons and developing prospects it not even close to the same thing. 

Simply not true...   Going back quite a while, I have said more than once that Hiller should have been the one put on waivers, not Ramo...   Ramo might not be a top tier goaltender, but at least he was more consistent than Hiller...   Hiller gets credit when it is due, but those games have been too far apart for comfort...

That's just it, he's a vet, he is not a young prospect...   He get's paid $4.5 mil to stop pucks with the consistency of an established  vet, but all too often he has been playing like a kid that's not ready for the NHL...

Aside from this also being BS because it is irrelevant to Hiller, you are arguing against yourself...   The point some of us have been making is that Ortio, (or even Poulin) should be getting some starts because Hiller has been crapping the crease...   It would be better to see what one of them can do than to keep playing an overpaid vet that has been failing to deliver far more often than his short bursts of competent goal tending...

• Like 1

Pretty sure that isn't true for most / many of us. Also pretty sure Flames fans don't have any decision making authority on the roster.

Well we should!  lol    (ok maybe not)

Whether or not your fans are pateient has no impact on how you develop prospects. Prospects get developed by organization, not fans.

Also comparing patience level with a 34 years old goalie who has been in the NHL for 9 seasons and developing prospects it not even close to the same thing. 

You got me on the fan influence lol.  Although in the case of Kipper...I think it got to a point where he had an actual brand recognition due to the number of fans.

My real issue is in fact that the organization has WAY more patience with 34 year old vets than they do with 22-24 year old prospects.  In other words, they have it backwards, imho.

I'm more or less making a "preparatory" statement.....  that, if the organization ever Does get it right and starts developing their goaltending prospects at the NHL level...

The fans are going to need to have more patience...than we've ever...really had...since...

Since Trevor Kidd in 1993, the last time we attempted to develop a prospect at the NHL level.  And, yes, I can see why that experience may have influenced the current mindset a bit.  But hey, it's 23 years ago.

Simply not true...   Going back quite a while, I have said more than once that Hiller should have been the one put on waivers, not Ramo...  

Aside from this also being BS because it is irrelevant to Hiller, you are arguing against yourself...  

Lighten up, I didn't specifically quote you, or anything inflatable-related.   I have no intention of quoting specific people, there's no need.  Generally everyone know what I'm talking about there, including you, because you know you were in the minority.

And in the short-term, I am arguing against myself, so I will exit this particular debate for now.   At some point, Ortio or Gillies are going to have a rough game and there will be people on here calling for them to be executed.   My argument is a prelude to that moment.   Hiller's fate is a foregone conclusion.....   I'm already thinking weeks ahead.

Lighten up, I didn't specifically quote you,

It sure looked like you were calling everyone that was criticizing Hiller hypocritical...

It probably would have been better to say "some" of the people if that was what you meant...   ;)

I haven't liked Hiller since day1 and thought the organization should have given Ramo the chance before getting Hiller. He earned it at the end of the year, after they traded Berra. Ramo's play was worthy of the chance.

Therefore, I just never liked Hiller.

Then this year, Ramo faultered, and I didn't like both, but I liked how Ramo rebounded.

Lighten up, I didn't specifically quote you, or anything inflatable-related.   I have no intention of quoting specific people, there's no need.  Generally everyone know what I'm talking about there, including you, because you know you were in the minority.

And in the short-term, I am arguing against myself, so I will exit this particular debate for now.   At some point, Ortio or Gillies are going to have a rough game and there will be people on here calling for them to be executed.   My argument is a prelude to that moment.   Hiller's fate is a foregone conclusion.....   I'm already thinking weeks ahead.

If anything, some people may have praised him for coming in on relief against the Sharks.  Or the 6-0 SO to Florida.  Some may feel he is owed starts more than Ortio, due to being 1/2 on the depth list, and showing up to camp ready.

I think I have been pretty hard on Hiller all season.  Know you are just making a general statement, but one or two people saying Hiler is good or Ortio is really bad doesn't mean people are fickle.

BTW, Ortio starts tonight.  Might be his best chance for a win, against a low-scoring team.  Don't worry, Johnny will score 3 tonight, so Joni only has to stop the majority of shots.

• Like 1

BTW, Ortio starts tonight.  Might be his best chance for a win, against a low-scoring team.

Hartley must have sensed the pitchforks...   :lol:

I have limited expectations for Ortio, but it is past due to see what he can bring to the table...   I don't expect it can be any worse than having Hiller in tonight, and maybe Ortio can go on a run...

Either way, Hiller needed a wake up call...   He either needs to do a better job of stopping the puck, or face the fact his career in the NHL might be over after this season...

44226f7f943c9c77ae0acb14c082fecb.png

Hartley must have sensed the pitchforks...   :lol:

I have limited expectations for Ortio, but it is past due to see what he can bring to the table...   I don't expect it can be any worse than having Hiller in tonight, and maybe Ortio can go on a run...

Either way, Hiller needed a wake up call...   He either needs to do a better job of stopping the puck, or face the fact his career in the NHL might be over after this season...

44226f7f943c9c77ae0acb14c082fecb.png

I recall Ortio dominating the Kings in a game last season (may have been a SO).  Darryl Sutter was quoted after the game as saying, "he's the best goalie we have ever faced." 

I recall Ortio dominating the Kings in a game last season (may have been a SO).  Darryl Sutter was quoted after the game as saying, "he's the best goalie we have ever faced." 

That was the 4th game of the mythical Ortio run last year.  Flames won in OT on Wideman's no-goal goal (reviewed after stoppage and it was in).  He was 4-0-0 after that game with a shutout.  He had a 1.23 GAA and .958 SA% during that stretch.  This game was followed by Ortio letting in 3 on 8 shots against Anaheim.

That was the 4th game of the mythical Ortio run last year.  Flames won in OT on Wideman's no-goal goal (reviewed after stoppage and it was in).  He was 4-0-0 after that game with a shutout.  He had a 1.23 GAA and .958 SA% during that stretch.  This game was followed by Ortio letting in 3 on 8 shots against Anaheim.

Yeah, he stood on his head during that stretch last year then had a stinker against the Ducks and was gone.  I think that was the first indication BH had no faith in him.  Such a short leash for a guy who delivered 4 straight wins.  Oh well, hope he comes up big tonight and keeps the net.

Yeah, he stood on his head during that stretch last year then had a stinker against the Ducks and was gone.  I think that was the first indication BH had no faith in him.  Such a short leash for a guy who delivered 4 straight wins.  Oh well, hope he comes up big tonight and keeps the net.

I'm not sure that "he was gone(lack of faith)" but that he was an injury fill-in and Hiller? came back.  In any case, tonight is a good opportunity and I hope he plays well and gets some more games.  I would love to see him earn a new contract and be an option for a position with the Flames next year.

BTW, Ortio starts tonight.  Might be his best chance for a win, against a low-scoring team.  Don't worry, Johnny will score 3 tonight, so Joni only has to stop the majority of shots.

Hopefully he gets the.....  5... straight wins....needed to be considered an option??

Glad to see him in there, Long Overdue :)

It sure looked like you were calling everyone that was criticizing Hiller hypocritical...

It probably would have been better to say "some" of the people if that was what you meant...   ;)

Fair call....  I will edit to "many" ;)   (keep in mind there's several pages of Hiller bashing.  And...from the fall, several pages of Ramo bashing / Hiller cheering)

sorry

This is no different to the  Eastern swing we had with Irving a few years back when Butter was coaching. He has played some strong games until he hit Boston. (pretty sure they beat us 8-0) when Irving was pretty much done..