s4xon

According to hockeyscap.com we have over $2.1m in space and Khudobin should be less than that by now.

I am not saying the Flames should claim Khudobin, just clarifying the cap hit...  He was a $2.25 million salary cap hit for the Ducks this season...

Khudobin would be a $1.415 million cap hit to the team that claimed him, or $1.3 million to the Ducks while in the AHL if unclaimed and assigned...

We aren't going to get a true #1 or an elite goaltender in season that move will have to wait till the off season. A minor upgrade is still and upgrade.

The current tandem isn't going to cut it, especially if we want to have any chance at making the playoffs. The current tandem gets us closer to Matthews than it does the playoffs, which in the long run might be better for this team.

While your  thinking may be true bringing in a 4th goalie especially if that 4th goalie is only marginally better is a bad idea.

What does that say to the other 3 goalies to start with? Kind of a slap in the face to all of them.

Then there is the back to carrying 3 on the club so who gets the starts thing again?  which I think was a huge reason why we had such bad tending to start the season.

It doesn't address our 23 man limit on the club and the spots that would need to be opened if there is not a roster player or two going back the other way.

Then there is the sending one or both of a 3.8m or 4.5m(Ramo/Hiller) player through waivers... Is this the thing you want our management to be doing ?

While your thinking may be true bringing in a 4th goalie especially if that 4th goalie is only marginally better is a bad idea.

What does that say to the other 3 goalies to start with? Kind of a slap in the face to all of them.

Then there is the back to carrying 3 on the club so who gets the starts thing again? which I think was a huge reason why we had such bad tending to start the season.

It doesn't address our 23 man limit on the club and the spots that would need to be opened if there is not a roster player or two going back the other way.

Then there is the sending one or both of a 3.8m or 4.5m(Ramo/Hiller) player through waivers... Is this the thing you want our management to be doing ?

1. It says that the current goalies haven't been getting the job done which they haven't, if you don't want to lose your job play better.

2. Hiller gets sent down through waivers because he hasn't shown that he preform at a NHL level this year.

3. Granlund goes down till Hiller clears waivers and is sent down.

4. I want management to be doing what is necessary to win, upgrading our goaltending is necessary for us to make the playoffs.

I am against carrying 4 "mediocre" goalies...  

• I don't think this is a good time to bring in another "hope he can" goaltender....
  • I don't want to "take a chance" that they might be better.
  • I don't see how any waiver claim of any goaltender can be much more than hoping he is a minor upgrade.
  • I don't care if they are UFA at the end of the season. 

Carrying 3 at one time was a bad enough situation.

The only reason I would pick up another goalie is if he is a true #1 or Elite Goaltender. Then let the other 3 fight for backup spots or farm spots, as that is about how well they have played this season.

True dat

If we have the cap space and need better goaltending (assuming that it is not a defence issue), why might Treliving not make the deal for Khudobin?

It's the chemistry set imho.

The team struggled as a group to get better and they've been winning.

Not nice to send constant notices to the goalies.

I would surmise it effects the group. Hiller flubs, maybe it was a "we've got your back" win...

who's to say.....we're gaining momentum, can we turn off the sky is falling network yet?

It's the chemistry set imho.

The team struggled as a group to get better and they've been winning.

Not nice to send constant notices to the goalies.

I would surmise it effects the group. Hiller flubs, maybe it was a "we've got your back" win...

who's to say.....we're gaining momentum, can we turn off the sky is falling network yet?

Even on our recent 5 game winning streak we allowed 3.2 goals per game, that's not nearly good enough.

Last time I checked we have two teams and both teams need two goalies. Pretty sure that equals four.

Khudobin might not be the answer. In fact I am a long ways from believing he is any better the Ramo. I would probably pass on him unless the Flames are particularly high on him.

But I do think the Flames need to find that fourth goalie. And he might be a marginal upgrade on paper. But so was Dubnyk. So was Kipper. So were a lot of goalies.

Top 10 Bryzgaloz Quotes;

8. “Siberian Husky. She’s all white. Beautiful blue eyes. That’s basically blonde girl with blue eyes. Your dream, man. My husky, basically, she’s a hot girl, man.”

So what you're saying is that if I get a Siberian Husky, I can have a hot, blonde haired and blue-eyed girl? My lack of girlfriend problem has been solved! Hail Bryz! Thanks to you too Cheers for posting it too. Tomorrow, is off to Russia to get Siberian Husky! Can't cost too much with the Ruble as it is now.

Khudobin cleared waivers. The search for an NHL goaltender continues.

Indeed it does...   There is no question the Flames need an upgrade in net...   Khudobin might be an upgrade on Hiller, but they need to find a better solution...

739bde0d22c7d71474a89fd01eb427cb.png

I don't think Khudobin was a clear upgarde on either Ramo or HIller and would just produce a further log jam at the goalie spot. If HIller was tradeable then sure you could move him and try Khudobin but for now Flames are best to roll with what they've got unless its a clear upgrade

So what you're saying is that if I get a Siberian Husky, I can have a hot, blonde haired and blue-eyed girl? My lack of girlfriend problem has been solved! Hail Bryz! Thanks to you too Cheers for posting it too. Tomorrow, is off to Russia to get Siberian Husky! Can't cost too much with the Ruble as it is now.

Good luck xstrike, see you back soon!

313969e58db4bd1fd5000a268bad4fde.png

Mike Smith is out 8-10 weeks after surgery and Don Maloney has said that he will explore the market to fill the depth at the position. Here is our chance to throw Arizona a boat anchor and watch them sink. Hiller for whatever they are willing to give us in return.

Fleury is also out with a concussion. I still think there are better options are out there then Hiller. And if there aren't then what do the Flames do to replace him? But you never know.

The Penguins have the top goaltender in the AHL coming up, so I would expect them to give him a look to see what he can do.

I doubt anyone takes Hiller regardless of how desperate they are, we have the GAA in the league and we don't want him.

Mike Smith is out 8-10 weeks after surgery and Don Maloney has said that he will explore the market to fill the depth at the position. Here is our chance to throw Arizona a boat anchor and watch them sink. Hiller for whatever they are willing to give us in return.

Hiller for a 3 night stay at Ghilla River Resort.

Thing is.. Arizona has the goaltending coaching(Sean Burke) to bring mentally fragile goaltenders(Devan Dubnyk) back from the dead.

I have a feeling that any move that would dump Hiller on Arizona would come back to haunt us..

It's not like we are going to re-sign him in the off-season.  Even with one of the best goalie coaches, Berra is still not even up to Ramo standards.