s4xon

It puts the position in turbidity, we don't need that. It's apparent already that it is.

Go with the vet, give him 1st chance to fail.

Play your best cards and square it up off the hop.

I'm worried we're toying.

As far as I'm concerned, Hiller is 1A for this season. If we trade him...I guess we'll find out.

It puts the position in turbidity, we don't need that. It's apparent already that it is.

Go with the vet, give him 1st chance to fail.

Play your best cards and square it up off the hop.

I'm worried we're toying.

As far as I'm concerned, Hiller is 1A for this season. If we trade him...I guess we'll find out.

The position has been in turbidity for two years.  With 44 shots against, a 5-1 loss was flattering.  VAN had several other Grade A opportunities that Ramo stopped.  To pin this on the GT would be down right ignorant.  Neither Price or Lungqvist or any other GT would have won that game last evening.  Hartley is not toying with the GT’s, he knows them better than anybody.  Hartley now has Hiller Sat evening in VAN.  Who would you be starting in VAN after watching Hiller get shelled in Calgary two nights earlier?  The solution in net is not obvious, but we have 3 decent options thanks to the decision making thus far.  The players need to stop reading the articles about how good they are and how much they have improved in the offseason, it’s time for them to get to work!

Robin Lehner down... could the flames hook the sabres up with a goalie

Sure, but what does BUF have that we'd want in return?  Looking at their roster, there hardly seems like anything that stands out as an upgrade or decent replacement.

I'd love to package Raymond and a goalie to BUF, but there's nothing in BUF I want to see here.

Sure, but what does BUF have that we'd want in return?  Looking at their roster, there hardly seems like anything that stands out as an upgrade or decent replacement.

I'd love to package Raymond and a goalie to BUF, but there's nothing in BUF I want to see here.

Draft Pick!!!!! :)

• Like 1

How about Shaller (played with Janko in Providence).  Or Pysyk (RHS D-man - 23 years old),  

Or Sanguinetti (RHS D-man good AHL numbers).

Draft Pick!!!!! :)

2nd, 3rd, and a top prospect?  I'll take that for Raymond + G

Lots of buzz on the interwebs about how a trade between Buffalo and Calgary is a match made in heaven. People are screaming to get this done and I'm one of them. Having 3 goalies is a distraction this club does not need right now. I've mostly been on board with trading Hiller personally but I'm starting to see the merits of Ramo being the odd man out as well. Ramo probably fetches you more in the way of picks and/or prospects and he has the friendlier cap hit. I'd be ok with packaging Raymond as well. Of course you'd probably have to eat some of his salary.

Lots of buzz on the interwebs about how a trade between Buffalo and Calgary is a match made in heaven. People are screaming to get this done and I'm one of them. Having 3 goalies is a distraction this club does not need right now. I've mostly been on board with trading Hiller personally but I'm starting to see the merits of Ramo being the odd man out as well. Ramo probably fetches you more in the way of picks and/or prospects and he has the friendlier cap hit. I'd be ok with packaging Raymond as well. Of course you'd probably have to eat some of his salary.

I find it odd that Calgary is taking all 3 goalies to Vancouver for Saturday's game.  I suppose it gives them options if one were to become ill or injured at practice, but that is overkill.  More likely, there is something going on in the background.

(** Stops to adjust tinfoil hat**)

Eichel of course...dummy.  Geez :rolleyes:

:P

On the "What does Buffalo have that we want" front, what about: 

Raymond (1 mil retained) + Ramo (or Hiller)

FOR

Sam Reinheart OR Zemgus Girgensons 

Sam is a center, but has been playing RW. Same for Girgensons. Sam is 19 and Zemgus is 21 so both fit our rebuild of the team, and sees like there's decent potential for both (add in Frolick Jooris and Poirier and we'd have RW set up)

Highly doubt that they'd give either up, (OK, lets be honest they never would for that) but while we're wildly speculating....

FOR

Sam is a center, but has been playing RW. Same for Girgensons. Sam is 19 and Zemgus is 21 so both fit our rebuild of the team, and sees like there's decent potential for both (add in Frolick Jooris and Poirier and we'd have RW set up)

Highly doubt that they'd give either up, (OK, lets be honest they never would for that) but while we're wildly speculating....

Uhm....

Sure, but what does BUF have that we'd want in return? Looking at their roster, there hardly seems like anything that stands out as an upgrade or decent replacement.

Draft picks are nice
  • Like 1

FOR

Why would BT mess up a situation deal for both ides by trying to unload a bad contract ? If they need a goalie we have one we need to do something with soon. It would be great IMO if they took Hiller and we got a 2nd or 3rd rd pick for him. Good deal for both.

Why would BT mess up a situation deal for both ides by trying to unload a bad contract ? If they need a goalie we have one we need to do something with soon. It would be great IMO if they took Hiller and we got a 2nd or 3rd rd pick for him. Good deal for both.

That's true. I don't see any deal where they give up a 1st round pick for Raymond and hiller, that doesn't make sense for them. Im sure we could work a deal where we got rid of Raymond with hiller but the return would be less.

I wanna see how Raymond does tonight before I suggest trading him

Draft picks are nice

Bam.  Yeah, we don't need to taylor a solution to meet immediate needs.  Draft picks would probably turn out to be the best value of any solution.  They typically are.   Of course you take a risk of getting nothing in return, but you also open the possibility of getting an impact player.  And no other trade will do that.

I'm thinking it will happen fast, and it will probably be Hiller.  Ramo may have just stunk his way to a permanent position with the Flames on the opener.   Albeit, what will probably become a backup position (not because of his one bad game, but because of the rise of Ortio/Gillies)

Bam.  Yeah, we don't need to taylor a solution to meet immediate needs.  Draft picks would probably turn out to be the best value of any solution.  They typically are.   Of course you take a risk of getting nothing in return, but you also open the possibility of getting an impact player.  And no other trade will do that.

I'm thinking it will happen fast, and it will probably be Hiller.  Ramo may have just stunk his way to a permanent position with the Flames on the opener.   Albeit, what will probably become a backup position (not because of his one bad game, but because of the rise of Ortio/Gillies)

It's funny the difference a year makes.  Hiller had such promise.  He performed so well in October and parts of November.

Saying that, he has lost confidence of the coach.  Whether it is practice or attitude or whatever, he will likely be the guy to go.

If it's Buffalo, picks make sense, but so do prospects.  They have too many of both and not enough NHL players of value.  I would prefer a semi-developed prospect, as you have some sense of their future value.  A pick is fine, but a crap shoot most years.  The big advantage of a pick is the likely high position of those picks (if their own).

I really dont see the Flames getting more than a 3rd round pick for a goalie, Maybe a 2nd rounder if salary is retained and other assets are involved. Goalies arent worth much. 

Not unless they are a Carey Price, Jonathan Quick, or a Tuuka Rask.  Then you're looking at first rounders.

Hiller/Ramo?  Nothing more than a 2nd, and a roster player/prospect.  The team would have to be pretty desperate to pay premium for any of that duo.

If you can get anything higher than 4th for Hiller I would be surprised and probably take the trade. I would take just about any draft pick for Ramo, but I don't see too many teams calling for Ramo. My guess is that most of the calls right now would be for Ortio and Hiller.