s4xon

Anyone questioning the goaltenders performance so far this year.. should look elsewhere... both have been very very good.

No kidding.. id say 90% of our wins this year will require a goaltender to steal it. So far theyre doing that. Until last night i would have said hiller was missing that robbery factor but goaltending is no longer a concern. I fully expect Ramo to get resigned.

The only concern I have with stellar goaltending is that it hides the real problems of the team.

Kipper did that in his glory years. When he had an off year, the Flames tumbled.

We need to get back to shots less than 30. We need to score goals; 5on5 and PP. We need to be good on the PK. The wins may not pile up much more, but at least we know that we are getting somewhere with the other issues.

The only concern I have with stellar goaltending is that it hides the real problems of the team.Kipper did that in his glory years. When he had an off year, the Flames tumbled.We need to get back to shots less than 30. We need to score goals; 5on5 and PP. We need to be good on the PK. The wins may not pile up much more, but at least we know that we are getting somewhere with the other issues.

I get what you are saying but when in a rebuild I'll take it every single time because I really like how it reinforces the young players to compete at all times. I think from a mental perspective when you go into a game knowing you at least have a chance its a great teaching tooling reinforces that you always have to compete. Not to mention I think of brings a team closer together and allows you to trust each other. Look at Edmonton right now no one on that team trusts anyway they all try to do it themselves and I think goaltending is a big part of that. When you see your goalie doing everything they can to keep you in the game you feel you've got to pull your weight for him.

The other issues are up to the coaching staff to identify and correct and I trust in this staff they will do that so I'll take the trade off. If this was a contending team I would be more inclined to agree.

Okay, that's it! I've seen enough! I've been biting my tongue long enough but no more. It's been 3 months now. It's time! It's time for Hillier to dawn some bad checking from behind mask! This solid red mask has to go.

You have seen his mask from last season with the ducks? That is Jonas Hiller.....

Okay, that's it! I've seen enough! I've been biting my tongue long enough but no more. It's been 3 months now. It's time! It's time for Hiller to dawn some bad checking from behind mask! This solid red mask has to go.

He was interviewed about his mask this afternoon. He said he had a special paint job planned but was testing out a new mask design, so he didn't want to use it on the prototype. He expects to finish testing it by early November. He will unveil it then.

I have to admit I was a little miffed when they signed Hiller, I thought Ramo earned his stripes with his play last year. I do admit though Hiller has proven solid and Ramo has picked up from last year. The Flames with two quality tenders...................about time. I would like to see them rotated throughout the season, keep them rested and healthy!!

He was interviewed about his mask this afternoon. He said he had a special paint job planned but was testing out a new mask design, so he didn't want to use it on the prototype. He expects to finish testing it by early November. He will unveil it then.

Good news, I can't bear his current mask. Just plain red would have been better than what he's wearing and the flame is such a cool motive to integrate on a mask. Looking forward to it.

I have to admit I was a little miffed when they signed Hiller, I thought Ramo earned his stripes with his play last year. I do admit though Hiller has proven solid and Ramo has picked up from last year. The Flames with two quality tenders...................about time. I would like to see them rotated throughout the season, keep them rested and healthy!!

Yes, no reason to change at this point. If it continues all season it'll be a good problem to have to figure out what to do going forward.

It's too early to declare either goalie as the bonafide #1. Both have had their good games and bad games. Just because Hiller has better numbers doesn't suggest he is inferior. After about 20 games, you should see more of a trend developing.

It's a good problem to have. We haven't been in this situation before. VAN had a year where their 1a/1b tending resulted in a NHL award. Even if we play a goalie for max 2 games at a time, it shouldn't hurt the team. Either goalie gives us a chance to win. The D, or lack of scoring, may prove to be the bigger issue.

It's too early to declare either goalie as the bonafide #1. Both have had their good games and bad games. Just because Hiller has better numbers doesn't suggest he is inferior. After about 20 games, you should see more of a trend developing.

It's a good problem to have. We haven't been in this situation before. VAN had a year where their 1a/1b tending resulted in a NHL award. Even if we play a goalie for max 2 games at a time, it shouldn't hurt the team. Either goalie gives us a chance to win. The D, or lack of scoring, may prove to be the bigger issue.

Agree, lets play both and if they both shine thats a good problem to have.

I'm glad that Hartley and giving both goalies, especially Ramo, a fair shake and making them compete for the starter job. I was worried that Hiller, as good as he is playing too, would get the bulk of the starts without having to work for it. Glad to see the whole 'earned, never given' mantra being used in this aspect of the game.

I'm glad that Hartley and giving both goalies, especially Ramo, a fair shake and making them compete for the starter job. I was worried that Hiller, as good as he is playing too, would get the bulk of the starts without having to work for it. Glad to see the whole 'earned, never given' mantra being used in this aspect of the game.

Agree. I believe the active competition keeps them both working hard and on their games. Should be the same for all players.

I think Hiller is starting to earn the #1 spot though so I wouldn't mind giving him more starts. It could all change on Friday if Ramo gets the start and dazzles the the preds with spectacular saves.

Starting Hiller may be because he won the last game (limited shots, but some real good ones) or because Hartley wants to start Ramo against Montreal on Sunday and Hiller against Washington. Then you will probably see Ramo B2B against Tampa and Florida. Just a guess, but I think some decisions are based on the style of goalies we have.