No Fighting!

geos

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the first fighting major?

• Iggy
    • Kipper
    • Begin
    • Jones
    • Gio
    • Jackman
    • Other?

Interesting... through the first five games of the season, the Flames are the ONLY team without a fighting major. Columbus and the Rangers have 8 each. Toronto has 7, Boston, Phili and Vancouver 6.

So what's up? Are we not tough? Has there just been little reason to fight?

I'm seeing a lot of interference with Kipper not being punished in front of the net... is this because we are a "weak" team or just because guys are afraid of taking penalties?

Thought this might make for an interesting discussion.

Also, answer the poll... who will get the first fighting major?

Kipper!

He will feed Kane so many lefts on Saturday night that Kane will be begging for a right!

Remember Kipper and Vokoun?

If someone doesn't step up when Kipper gets bowled over, or clear the space in front when he is getting bumped, he just might lose it and take matters into his own hands one of these days... :lol:

Interesting... through the first five games of the season, the Flames are the ONLY team without a fighting major. Columbus and the Rangers have 8 each. Toronto has 7, Boston, Phili and Vancouver 6.

So what's up? Are we not tough? Has there just been little reason to fight?

I'm seeing a lot of interference with Kipper not being punished in front of the net... is this because we are a "weak" team or just because guys are afraid of taking penalties?

Thought this might make for an interesting discussion.

Also, answer the poll... who will get the first fighting major?

I was just about to make a thread about this! What im actually pretty pissed off about is why we didn't protect kipper more in the vancouver game? He got ran at LEAST 3 or 4 times and no one did sh*t. Thats bullcrap. Someone has to step up and send a message so that other teams around the league know that we protect our own.

In order of most likely IMO:

1) Sarich - he's always had brass 1s

2) Iggy - No shrinking violet. Very likely to step up when he thinks it's needed

3) Glencross - Combination of above 2

It'll largely depend on which of the 3 is on the ice when he figures the line is crossed.

No do not have an over agressive team, it floors me when I see or goalie get run over and everyone just stands there.....it use to be touch the goalie you got beat down... Your question sorry was on a rant. I would have to say Sarich after a big hit. Second and third choice would be Jackman or Begin, as that is one of there duties. Would venture to guess we see the first one in the hawks or columbus game.

From what i've noticed, every time kipper gets run over & someone tries to do something about it, we get a penalty. The refs are the ones to blame IMO. I thought they were supposed to protect the goalies from getting run over & injured. They do the exact opposite it seems. It's a bunch of BS.

Archived