Louis23

I have a bad feeling that the Oilers are due to breakout - hopefully they can wait one more game

Good news is they scored a goal against the sharks so that motivation to end the drought has already happened. Time for the flames to bring a 60 min game again and communicate with each other. That has been my biggest problem the last few games, so many missed men assignments and blown passes. Just talk with each other on the ice and play a team game, it will beat the oilers since they don't know what team means yet.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a bad feeling that the Oilers are due to breakout - hopefully they can wait one more game

Flames are due for a breakout too.  It'll be interesting to see what happens.  I'm still going full homer and guessing Flames win.

Watching the Oilers win a legitimate NHL game (or at least as close as it can get for the BoA in its current iteration) makes me wonder....where are these guys on a consistent basis? The Flames, with 100% effort, get 2 goals and a couple of posts. The Oilers get 3 in half the time.

It drives me insane, but they deserved to win if only because they're a better team. If the talent actually gives a rat's *ss, used the cycle game effectively like they did tonight after the first (Hall needs to realize that the cycle game can be just as effective as the rush for explosive skaters, it's close quarters and his acceleration is freakin absurd....) and drove the net more often, they might actually be sitting in 19th and not 29th.

The Flames....credit to them. I didn't see anyone have a truly bad game (although Cammy was definitely off to some extent). Lesson to never take your foot off the opponent's throat. You step on that larynx and you crush the d*ckens out of it.

Berra got back into it after losing composure, but we're really seeing the difference between an all-world goalie in Kipper and the rotation we've got going on right now. The ones who pointed at his stats and said he wasn't that good....goaltending isn't always about the bottom line, as weird as that sounds. That second goal is the kind of goal that Kipper could have saved, to be honest. It fits into his once a year miracle WTF how is that possible save. At the least, he would track the puck and make a swing at it.

Although I'm still pissed at the hockey gods. I can only see this as an attempt to screw the Oilers, making sure they aren't able to get another 1st overall pick. It wouldn't be so bad for the Flames  to actually win a comeback attempt for once ya know, but they sure seem to lose a lot from the other side. I can accept Eberle's goal, that was a beauty, but a once-in-a-lifetime floater over the goalie's head and into the net and a more-common-but-no-less-bull behind the net goal. This is just bringing up memories of the LA mystery all over again.

Watching the Oilers win a legitimate NHL game (or at least as close as it can get for the BoA in its current iteration) makes me wonder....where are these guys on a consistent basis? The Flames, with 100% effort, get 2 goals and a couple of posts. The Oilers get 3 in half the time.

It drives me insane, but they deserved to win if only because they're a better team. If the talent actually gives a rat's *ss, used the cycle game effectively like they did tonight after the first (Hall needs to realize that the cycle game can be just as effective as the rush for explosive skaters, it's close quarters and his acceleration is freakin absurd....) and drove the net more often, they might actually be sitting in 19th and not 29th.

Personally, I thought we outplayed them overall, but we had a few huge lapses, and....I know this isn't popular, but:  we were out-goaltended.   You've also alluded to this below.  Edmonton scored a number of weak goals, imho.  That's fine, we have some prospects coming through the pipes that will solve that problem in a year or two.    The defensive lapses, we need to address that.

The Flames....credit to them. I didn't see anyone have a truly bad game (although Cammy was definitely off to some extent). Lesson to never take your foot off the opponent's throat. You step on that larynx and you crush the d*ckens out of it.

Berra got back into it after losing composure, but we're really seeing the difference between an all-world goalie in Kipper and the rotation we've got going on right now. The ones who pointed at his stats and said he wasn't that good....goaltending isn't always about the bottom line, as weird as that sounds. That second goal is the kind of goal that Kipper could have saved, to be honest. It fits into his once a year miracle WTF how is that possible save. At the least, he would track the puck and make a swing at it.

Although I'm still pissed at the hockey gods. I can only see this as an attempt to screw the Oilers, making sure they aren't able to get another 1st overall pick. It wouldn't be so bad for the Flames  to actually win a comeback attempt for once ya know, but they sure seem to lose a lot from the other side. I can accept Eberle's goal, that was a beauty, but a once-in-a-lifetime floater over the goalie's head and into the net and a more-common-but-no-less-bull behind the net goal. This is just bringing up memories of the LA mystery all over again.

I don't think we're doing it on purpose, but by all means the Oilers Should be a better team than us right now by a fairly wide margin.  The fact that we got a 2-0 lead on them is yet another example of the trouble they've been having this year.  I was at the dome, and Oilers fans were screaming in pure joy after the game, as if they'd won the cup.   Almost felt bad for them, annoying as it was...this may be the pinnacle of their year.

Despite success early on in the year, which is very common with young rebuilding teams, we truly do have first claim to Sam Reinhart on paper, and it is starting to show.   I am just happy that we still see compete on the ice every day, and a continuous effort to win.  The results will come.  Maybe not this year, maybe not even next year.  But they will come.   Monahan and Baetschi were great last night, btw.

I don't know what you were watching Crzydrvr, but I didn't see anything impressive from the Oilers.

The ONLY reason they won was because we were out-goaltended, and they got a lucky bounce.

Sure, they scored 3 goals and came back to win, but that only happened because of bounces and goaltending at both ends.

What I saw over and over from the fab 5 was lazy play, inconsistency, and turnovers. The style of game that they play will never be successful.

There is no way that that team could put up a competitive series against a decent hockey team in the playoffs. No way.

They won that game, but that is not a good hockey team.

And despite what Hrudey was trying to sell, it wasn't talent that won, it was a bad night from Berra.

Just read the TSN boards about our game Saturday. Entertaining and also kind of sad how Oiler fans get one win and start announcing Oiler Domination!

The thing that really ripped me was how Eakins, who I consider a tool can praise Ference for his attack on Stemps. He did a total Emery and the fans up there love it. 

If that was their highlight of the night, then I really do feel sorry for them.

Personally? I think the Flames are right about where they should be. Competing every night and showing flashes of what they can be.

Just read the TSN boards about our game Saturday. Entertaining and also kind of sad how Oiler fans get one win and start announcing Oiler Domination!

The thing that really ripped me was how Eakins, who I consider a tool can praise Ference for his attack on Stemps. He did a total Emery and the fans up there love it. 

If that was their highlight of the night, then I really do feel sorry for them.

Personally? I think the Flames are right about where they should be. Competing every night and showing flashes of what they can be.

Even the "sky is falling" Oiler fans seem to be thinking the rebuild is over.  Dubey is back on track.  Yak is getting (weak) points.

J.Shultz is back.  No need for defense when you have such sheer firepower.  2 losses in a row and the Chicken Littles will be back out, blaming the coach for Yak's minutes, saying "should have started Bryz", "should have played Dubie", bring up Klefbom, demote Klefbom.

No lack of entertainment in Oil country.

I don't know what you were watching Crzydrvr, but I didn't see anything impressive from the Oilers.

The ONLY reason they won was because we were out-goaltended, and they got a lucky bounce.

Sure, they scored 3 goals and came back to win, but that only happened because of bounces and goaltending at both ends.

What I saw over and over from the fab 5 was lazy play, inconsistency, and turnovers. The style of game that they play will never be successful.

There is no way that that team could put up a competitive series against a decent hockey team in the playoffs. No way.

They won that game, but that is not a good hockey team.

And despite what Hrudey was trying to sell, it wasn't talent that won, it was a bad night from Berra.

To be fair, the Oilers played 2 solid periods.  They controlled zone time in the second and carried that play into the third.  If it wasn't for dump penalties in the second period, they would've probably scored some goals based on momentum.

That's not to say the Oilers are a great team because it unfortunately doesn't take much to beat the Flames these days.  2 good periods would get the job done.  Too bad the Oilers don't get to play the Flames every game though.  They won't make the playoffs in the Western Conference playing 2 periods of hockey per game.

7-0 over the Jackets last night. Of course the Jackets only managed 14 shots on Dubie.

I'm a little worried about tonight's game considering how poorly Columbus played last night.

But on that note, all is peachy in Oiler land. They are praising Dubie for his shutout and the boys are on track. One poster even had the nerve to post "Here Stanley" 

Hehe it was nice to see with my breakfast  :lol:

7-0 over the Jackets last night. Of course the Jackets only managed 14 shots on Dubie.

I'm a little worried about tonight's game considering how poorly Columbus played last night.

But on that note, all is peachy in Oiler land. They are praising Dubie for his shutout and the boys are on track. One poster even had the nerve to post "Here Stanley" 

Hehe it was nice to see with my breakfast  :lol:

Never has a 7-0 win felt like a 7-game winning streak.

Oilers must be planning the Cup parade after beating a Columbus team who didn't show up to play.

Never has a 7-0 win felt like a 7-game winning streak.

Oilers must be planning the Cup parade after beating a Columbus team who didn't show up to play.

minus Gaborik to boot.  We aren't all planning the cup parade... but there is definitely some positives to take from the Columbus game.  This was the first time in recent memory that this team played a full sixty minutes.  The first time where every player on the team contributed, and the first time this year that they played "as a team", where they worked together and the individual efforts were less pronounced than the team play.  Everything was clicking for Edmonton against the jackets, but that is how they have to play every night, there are no gimme's.

Florida is riding high after beating Vancouver, that game between the panthers and Oilers will be very telling.  If the Oilers can continue to play well then I will start getting confidence that the team may be reaching a turning point. 

minus Gaborik to boot.  We aren't all planning the cup parade... but there is definitely some positives to take from the Columbus game.  This was the first time in recent memory that this team played a full sixty minutes.  The first time where every player on the team contributed, and the first time this year that they played "as a team", where they worked together and the individual efforts were less pronounced than the team play.  Everything was clicking for Edmonton against the jackets, but that is how they have to play every night, there are no gimme's.

Florida is riding high after beating Vancouver, that game between the panthers and Oilers will be very telling.  If the Oilers can continue to play well then I will start getting confidence that the team may be reaching a turning point. 

I think the Oilers needs to beat a string of "playoff teams" before they really prove anything.  60-minutes against Columbus and 60-minutes against Chicago/Boston is a different thing.

If the Oilers can continue to play well then I will start getting confidence that the team may be reaching a turning point. 

Comparable to heading for the water filled ditch only to get mired in the mud with the front bumper hanging over the scummy water? :)

Not really @ the bottom but still not going anywhere. :lol:

I read Dubnyk gets the start tonight. I wonder if Bryz will have his thermos on the bench.

Comparable to heading for the water filled ditch only to get mired in the mud with the front bumper hanging over the scummy water? :)

Not really @ the bottom but still not going anywhere. :lol:

I read Dubnyk gets the start tonight. I wonder if Bryz will have his thermos on the bench.

He may wander outside to watch the Northern Lights or ask his teammates about any alien sightings.  Does he have a "special" thermos?

He may wander outside to watch the Northern Lights or ask his teammates about any alien sightings.  Does he have a "special" thermos?

He calls it "tea".

:lol:

well, there's an 'a' in vodka, if you spell it in Russian (водка). That's close enough, isn't it?

I think the Oilers needs to beat a string of "playoff teams" before they really prove anything.  60-minutes against Columbus and 60-minutes against Chicago/Boston is a different thing.

60 minutes is 60 minutes, regardless of which team they are playing against.  Whether they win or lose is not the issue (yet), whether they are able or willing to play a full game is.

"The thermos is so humongous big, right? But if you see like our solar system and our galaxy on the side, you know, like, we’re so small you can never see it."

You know what they say....there's no "I" in "Oilers".

Wait a minute....

hahaha ok that was pretty funny :lol:

I hope the oilers bring it around (wtf right?) so they can draft between 10-15 (lol)

Seeing them in the race for 1st overall again is too painful to watch.

Preaching to the choir. ;)

Congrats on the three game win streak! The fans (the good ones anyway) deserve it. Maybe the Oil climbing out of the basement and the Flames finally falling into it as they have been lately will lead to both our teams becoming contenders again. I don't want to see Alberta wander the desert forever.

Archived