2024 Free Agency

I kinda can't believe, after signing Kane, Trouba and Stamkos to Detroit rumours persist. It would be kind of insane if true, but really?? Seems waaay over-the-top. As much as all of Sarnia would love Stammer an hour away and him and Kane would be a bit of fun with Larkin.

Would Larkin (aka Boss) have to arm-wrestle Stamkos and Trouba to tell them who's boss? lol

13 hours ago, JTech780 said:

Why Devin Cooley? He has 6 games of NHL experience and hasn’t put up great numbers in the AHL. 

Eric Comrie, Phoenix Copley, Martin Jones, Dustin Tokarski, Chris Dreidger all would be better choices. 

Even Ivan Prosvetov has more NHL experience and has a better track record and he is only 25.

but do they have this perspective on life?

• Haha 1

Just now, cross16 said:

I think the league is going to need to consider looking at this in the next CBA. This is cap circumventing IMO

Jaw dropped when I saw this .. love Tanev..he deserves everything he gets..  but wow , he'll be 41/42 when it's over and virtually impossible to buy out ..

Just now, JTech780 said:

was just going to post this too. I like the target personally. Can play both wings too. Likely isn’t going to get term. 

don’t trust the source but j like the target 

Just now, cross16 said:

was just going to post this too. I like the target personally. Can play both wings too. Likely isn’t going to get term. 

don’t trust the source but j like the target 

Can score goals, and quite honestly this team still could use size up front. 

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Today is going to look a lot like July 1, 2016.

I think some absolutely dreadful contracts will be signed today. There's already been a few.

NHL GMs haven’t had cap space since probably 2018?

They've been waiting for this day 

I looked at the guys that didn't get qualified and thought that maybe Taylor Raddysh could be an interesting and cheap sign. The guy lost his scoring last season but according to Hawks fans was pretty good on the PK. Could be a nice fit on the 4th line with a chance to bounce back as far as his scoring goes.

3 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Wow, don’t see the fit for SAN unless they are looking at MC playing this year, giving him a shooter to set up? 

thats a fair deal for player and team, basically the equivalent of a 4.5 mil deal a few years ago

Just now, cross16 said:

Steve Staois is off to a really bad start in Ottawa. Brutal draft and now you basically hand Chychrun away?

Terrible trade for Ottawa.