2024 Free Agency

12 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

A.J. Greer signing in Florida. Thought he was really good here, good pick up by Florida.

So we basically traded Greer for Lomberg.  I'd rather Greer myself... Can fight.  Lomberg fights too I guess... 

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

So we basically traded Greer for Lomberg.  I'd rather Greer myself... Can fight.  Lomberg fights too I guess... 

Lomberg is much more of a fighter than Greer.

I do not like the Lomberg signing. 5'9" on a bottom line. Really would have liked to put that towards Sammy Blais (grit) and Alex Nylander (project/competition).

He is also not the type of player that can be used as a trade chip so no market flexibility.

23 minutes ago, TheBurn said:

I do not like the Lomberg signing. 5'9" on a bottom line. Really would have liked to put that towards Sammy Blais (grit) and Alex Nylander (project/competition).

He is also not the type of player that can be used as a trade chip so no market flexibility.

Didn't seem to matter in Florida under Quenneville and Maurice and a cup.

Conroy and Huska know him very well.

So you may be incorrect in your assessment.

He'll be your fave guy next year. All heart. What this team needs to learn.

12 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I don’t like the money but I’m surprised at the amount of people upset about Lomberg. 

Everyone is going to love him as soon as they watch him play 

Agreed, he is a 4th liner that gives everything on the ice. And I think guys like that are needed as we continue the youth movement, or whatever you wanna call it,and probably be more of a bottom team.

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I don’t like the money but I’m surprised at the amount of people upset about Lomberg. 

Everyone is going to love him as soon as they watch him play 

Oh for sure. Watch him on the bench too. That guy is so Blockchaining uplifting. Zero chance to be an NHLer without BT giving him half a shot. His attitude is just infectious.

He's the happiest guy for everyone else. In return, when he does something positive, the whole team is lit.

He'll be a fave,

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Oh for sure. Watch him on the bench too. That guy is so Blockchaining uplifting. Zero chance to be an NHLer without BT giving him half a shot. His attitude is just infectious.

He's the happiest guy for everyone else. In return, when he does something positive, the whole team is lit.

He'll be a fave,

Exactly.  I was as happy to see him raise the cup as anyone.  Dude's an awesome addition to a team.

1 hour ago, MP5029 said:

I would not say this team is better than Mlt…but I tend to agree, this is a bottom 5-10 team, its being built much like Dal, where it’s trending towards a good young team that could sneak in but probably won’t.

im not sure if this is Conroy’s way of disguising a rebuild with an effort on some ok players…definitely seems like a transitional team from old to young…being phased in over the next 2-3 years with some emphasis on being semi-competitive 

if they were really trying the would have had a guy like Roslovic or Wenneberg signed probably the best options for Ctr if you were pushing to be a playoff team and lack in that area which we do.

There is come competition for C's.  Rossy went to SJS.

This is what a team looks like when you sell off major assets in one year, right after we lose two top players.  I would say we are more a spoiler than a bottom 5 team.  Closer to 10-14, just that's just me, since the league gives you wins you don't expect.  Wild cards in nets.  Wolfie could steal the show, if the D protects the net better.

47 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

That's some pretty impressive numbers in the AHL.

Scores like Phillips but the size of two Phillips, LOL.

I don't think he gets a lot of time in the NHL, but that's a guy that works hard.

Didn't give up just playing in the AHL.

Went away for a year, but they must have kept tabs on him.

20 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

He'll be a fave,

So kinda like Kuzy in that way?

34 minutes ago, cross16 said:

This is the right call for me. Doesn’t make any sense to extend him 

there's a couple ways to take it.

First, it's obvious that you have existing term so you have the chance to evaluate him before you make any decisions.  He does well he will want more money.  Does that make sense.  He does poorly, his value is lower and you can just flip him or offer him less mid year.

Second, leaving him as a pending UFA makes him very tradeable.  Only gives you decent value if he has a good year.