Western Conference Playoffs

conundrumed

I don’t give any credit at all. 
EDM was gifted LA in round 1 instead of VGK

EDM was gifted playing against VAN’s 3rd string goalie in round 2

and after DAL knocked off the 2 previous cup winners in VGK and COL playing exceptional hockey, it appears they just couldn’t “get up” for a series against EDM and it cost them. Too much perimeter play by DAL all series plus low shot volumes. You’re playing a team that has questionable D and a top 32 goalie in the league, and the only time you do shoot it’s from the outside and you’re 1 and done. Too easy. EDM gifted the path to the SCF. It’ll make it that much sweeter for me when they lose in the final. Go FLA. Go Bennett. Go Chucky. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I wonder if the attrition of the first two series took a toll.

Edmonton dominated LA. Dallas had to struggle through Vegas.

Either way. I don’t think they were very dangerous in this series aside from 40 mins in game 3.

Very possible and I wonder the same, Colorado and having to come back from 2-0 against Vegas just may have been too much. They looked slow from the get go in game 1. I thought they’d fine their game but they never really did. 

that’s the weakness of Dallas. Great team but they don’t really have that high end forward talent that can win a game for them. Everything is a slog for that team. 

Florida might wanna score a PP goal or two. If they wanna win the final.

Edmonton just beat Dallas, coming off a ten shot game. And scoring one goal at even strength in two games. They’re underwhelming at 5 on 5.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

and after DAL knocked off the 2 previous cup winners in VGK and COL playing exceptional hockey, it appears they just couldn’t “get up” for a series against EDM and it cost them. Too much perimeter play by DAL all series plus low shot volumes. You’re playing a team that has questionable D and a top 32 goalie in the league, and the only time you do shoot it’s from the outside and you’re 1 and done. Too easy. EDM gifted the path to the SCF. It’ll make it that much sweeter for me when they lose in the final. Go FLA. Go Bennett. Go Chucky. 

Don’t disagree Oilers had the far easier path. But, that’s just the way it happens.  No one ever said the playoffs are fair.  Most fair would be 1 vs 16, recalculated after each round.  Oh well, on to the finals.

1 hour ago, LouCifer said:

I don't agree here.  When you work hard all season to be division champs, then that's the well earned reward.  An easier path.  Many teams win the Cup this way.

Yes a bit of luck they played in the weakest Division in the NHL this year but still.  VGK no different last season.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I don't agree here.  When you work hard all season to be division champs, then that's the well earned reward.  An easier path.  Many teams win the Cup this way.

Yes a bit of luck they played in the weakest Division in the NHL this year but still.  VGK no different last season.

Oh sorry forgot Canucks won the division this year.  Felt like it was the Oilers. Nevermind lol.

No question I think the Oilers have been extremely lucky in the playoffs. Getting LA instead of Vegas, Demko getting hurt, got the Canucks who I don't think where near as good as team as it seemed and then they get Dallas after what really should have been the WCF with the Avs. 

But where they deserve credit is they reinvented their game as a team. From top to bottom they are bought into what it takes to win in the playoffs. They get dirty defensively, there willing to sacrifice offense to do it and they are making the plays in their D zone/neutral zone. They no longer act like McDavid/Drasaitl will carry them, everyone has a role and there playing it well right now. 

Still think they've got flaws that can be exploited but they are making it tough to play against them for sure and you have to give them credit for that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cross16 said:

No question I think the Oilers have been extremely lucky in the playoffs. Getting LA instead of Vegas, Demko getting hurt, got the Canucks who I don't think where near as good as team as it seemed and then they get Dallas after what really should have been the WCF with the Avs. 

But where they deserve credit is they reinvented their game as a team. From top to bottom they are bought into what it takes to win in the playoffs. They get dirty defensively, there willing to sacrifice offense to do it and they are making the plays in their D zone/neutral zone. They no longer act like McDavid/Drasaitl will carry them, everyone has a role and there playing it well right now. 

Still think they've got flaws that can be exploited but they are making it tough to play against them for sure and you have to give them credit for that. 

Agree completely, they will be a tough out.  Florida is better positioned to win and if the Oilers beat them than congrats to them.  I’m taking Florida in 5.

Put it this way there is not one team in the NHL that I wouldn't cheer for playing against the grease.

I hope FLA destroys them, for one reason as mentioned above Sarasti states the fanbase wouldn't shut up for 40 years, I still hear from my Edmonton friends how "godly" the Oilers were back in the 80s, always talking about the past, the team I can put up with as true athletes but the fans are worse then any team.

Go FLA all the way!!

• Like 1

I can cheer for Bennett and Ekblad and Sasha.

Hold my nose while egging on Tkachuk (douche when he's not on your team).

I can't cheer for McD or Draibaby.

Or DoucheBomb.

Or Nurse.

Or (especially) Kane.

In general, the runner up from last year's SCF wins the following year.

Sometimes it's a Cinder-freakin-rella story, but usually just teams that should have won by now.

The Oilers are neither.

When you have an easy path to the finals, you get creamed.

I don't believe that the Oilers are Canada's team.

One player belongs on Team Canada, but the rest are not considered or belong to another country.

On 6/7/2024 at 3:30 PM, travel_dude said:

I can cheer for Bennett and Ekblad and Sasha.

Hold my nose while egging on Tkachuk (douche when he's not on your team).

I can't cheer for McD or Draibaby.

Or DoucheBomb.

Or Nurse.

Or (especially) Kane.

In general, the runner up from last year's SCF wins the following year.

Sometimes it's a Cinder-freakin-rella story, but usually just teams that should have won by now.

The Oilers are neither.

When you have an easy path to the finals, you get creamed.

I don't believe that the Oilers are Canada's team.

One player belongs on Team Canada, but the rest are not considered or belong to another country.

Can't click a "Like" button for a moderator sorry bud, how is living in Edmonton going these days lmao... Getting Oiler flagged out yet?  🤪

4 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

Can't click a "Like" button for a moderator sorry bud, how is living in Edmonton going these days lmao... Getting Oiler flagged out yet?  🤪

It's EDM, so it's what it is.  The worst part for me is the gross colors.  I hated when the Ducks used Orange.  Hunter is for those that have animal fetishes.  Remember the Orange Crush?  They wanted to be tough.