Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

On 8/26/2024 at 8:17 AM, cross16 said:

LS - RS balance has it's place on D for sure. Advantages to be able to balance your pairing in terms of holding pucks in the zone, switches on PP etc. 

At forward I think it's very overrated because you have to take into account that many good shooters actually prefer their off wing.  So while you may want to get a RS RW, what if you have a good one who is a LS and prefers it? There is a deception element to a LS player utilizing the RS of the ice. 

As long as you have 1 RS center for important draws and 1 RS for PP flexibility I think you are fine. Past that doesn't really matter much and is more a question of roster construction and availability as opposed to which hand a player shoots.

I agree, but I might say more generally that off-wing doesn't matter for offense (and might even be advantageous), while it generally does matter for defense.  Wingers, in systems that I like, should have some defensive roles.

So if your league's wingers are all off-wing, you might end up developing some really good goaltenders lol (hello Russia), but not win As Many Stanley cups as maybe were possible (hello Ovechkin, although he's shown it can be done, just...much harder).

I, have all the confidence in Wolfie. He deserves the chance to show his metal. But, for competion reasons and the more goal tending prospects the better. Joel Blomqvist in the Penguins system has played well in the Ahl. 22 years old 6'2" 185 pounds. Our 1st rounder from Vegas. With say Maybe Backlund?

• Angry 1

58 minutes ago, Gelo99 said:

I, have all the confidence in Wolfie. He deserves the chance to show his metal. But, for competion reasons and the more goal tending prospects the better. Joel Blomqvist in the Penguins system has played well in the Ahl. 22 years old 6'2" 185 pounds. Our 1st rounder from Vegas. With say Maybe Backlund?

What in the heck?  Why in the world would the Flames be looking for a goalie?  They have multiple good ones and time to fully evaluate them!  Stop with the goalie trade proposals, there are far, far greater priorities.

Not to start rumour but there are reports out of NJ that Johnny Gaudreau was involved in a hit and run by a drunk driver.  Some reports say that him and his brother were both on bicycles and were hit by a vehicle.  Can't confirm but if true but some suggestions is loss of life.

Don't really want to start something unfounded, just looking to see if anyone has any better sources.

I do hope this was a mistake.  I hate how things come up on X and it starts a landslide of info, 99% of it is fake or reacting to a rumour.  My bad for starting this topic, but I am honestly looking to see if anyone has any rep sources proving this to be false.  Or worse, true (please be false).

39 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Not to start rumour but there are reports out of NJ that Johnny Gaudreau was involved in a hit and run by a drunk driver.  Some reports say that him and his brother were both on bicycles and were hit by a vehicle.  Can't confirm but if true but some suggestions is loss of life.

Don't really want to start something unfounded, just looking to see if anyone has any better sources.

I saw this too.  Didn't want to post until there were better sources.

Saw the alleged picture of the on scene police report... Names and addresses seem to check out.  Crash happened down the road from his childhood home.

It's been over 1 hour and NJ State Police have reportedly been flooded with phone calls.  Instead of telling people it's not Johnny Gaudreau and we cannot release the names of the victims yet, they simply said they cannot release info yet.  This kind of wording is worrisome.

On the bright side, all the "sources" from these X posts have no merit or legitimacy.  So it could be totally fake.

Just now, The_People1 said:

I saw this too.  Didn't want to post until there were better sources.

Saw the alleged picture of the on scene police report... Names and addresses seem to check out.  Crash happened down the road from his childhood home.

It's been over 1 hour and NJ State Police have reportedly been flooded with phone calls.  Instead of telling people it's not Johnny Gaudreau and we cannot release the names of the victims yet, they simply said they cannot release info yet.  This kind of wording is worrisome.

On the bright side, all the "sources" from these X posts have no merit or legitimacy.  So it could be totally fake.

Yeah my thoughts too.  I really was hoping that there would be some actual news source out there, but it's late out East and it's not related to the Leafs having a bowel movement.

I will leave this alone for now.  Didn't really want to start anything, just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything real.  Denial.  Confirmation.  X is the bane of society when you have idiots using it for clicks. 1000x worse than a stupid rumor about a player being traded.  

24 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I will leave this alone for now.  Didn't really want to start anything, just wanted to know if anyone had heard anything real.  Denial.  Confirmation.  X is the bane of society when you have idiots using it for clicks. 1000x worse than a stupid rumor about a player being traded.  

Ya I'm glued to X, probably all night.  Feels bad.  Waiting to hear confirmation one way or another or else can't sleep.

If this does indeed turn out to be true, it will be carefully stated by the police and/or the NHL org making a statement.  Nobody close is going to deny it or confirm it, even though the family would be well aware of it.  Truly sad news for the hockey world if it turns out to be him and his brother.  It's sad for any family.  You want to blame somebody but it tuens out that sometimes life sucks.

The silence from the Gaudreau camp, and everyone that knows him, is harrowing.

Tim Peel is a clickbait machine, not a source.

It's an active homicide investigation. Police are not allowed to confirm anything at this point.

A random Phillies fan posted it on a post game thread prior to twitter exploding.

Woke up at 1am to pee, wish I'd never looked at my phone.

I'm going out on that limb.

This is as bad as it sounds.

I'm going to have to re-stock my bar in the rec room.

I've watched him on TV since BC. I was at his first camp and saw him live countless times.

This is waaaaay too random to not be true.

JC, 1st child is a baby, groomsmen for their sister’s wedding today.

Blockchaining everyday news in every state in the US.

I'm seriously not looking forward to every journalist shredding every my-nute detail of this.

It hasn't "officially" been confirmed.

Yeah, well, it's far too specific to be fabricated.

Blockchain. I was mad you left, not anywhere near this mad. Blockchain.

Another day in the Blockchaining US of A. It's relentless.

It's been 10 hours. Zero people have said, "that's odd, I was talking to him at 9pm".

I live right beside these Blockchaining people. This is real.

This is every day USA. Search any county police feed from any state. The last 4 days for any of them. It happens so often that it's nothing more than a blip in the news. It's more norm than news.

It's just not a famous person.

Some famous people, I'd probably cheer it on. This one isn't even close to that spectrum.

Only the good die young.