Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Could Vegas be bad in 2026? Might be a good long term incestment, like cross mentioned, could be a blessing in disguise.

VGK's strength is their D.  Pietrangelo will be 36,  McNabb 35, Theodore 30 and UFA, There's not a lot of fresh blood coming after that.  Very possible VGK is a bad team in 2026.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

VGK's strength is their D.  Pietrangelo will be 36,  McNabb 35, Theodore 30 and UFA, There's not a lot of fresh blood coming after that.  Very possible VGK is a bad team in 2026.

Hanifin will be 29/30

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I can't say for sure that Hanifin would have generated more in the summer but I do think you would have had a longer list of suitors.

would you tho ?  We got hit by an agent and a player lowering the market price due to his only wanting to sign certain places.. that wouldn't have changed last summer. You'd still have teams not wanting to pay a ton for a player they know will walk in a year 

Just like people saying wait for summer for Markstrom ( those who want to trade him )   dude has a full NMC... you only have the teams he's willing to go to 

• Like 1

Okay time to work on waiver pick ups.

Anderson-Dolan or Moveare.

Moveare has a 2 year deal signed past this year.

But he is league minimum in that deal.

Do it and we can look at trading Rooney as well.

Maybe even Oesterle (for future considerations).

Duehr for a 5th (of Scotch).

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

would you tho ?  We got hit by an agent and a player lowering the market price due to his only wanting to sign certain places.. that wouldn't have changed last summer. You'd still have teams not wanting to pay a ton for a player they know will walk in a year 

Just like people saying wait for summer for Markstrom ( those who want to trade him )   dude has a full NMC... you only have the teams he's willing to go to 

why I'd trade Marky now. It's not going to get any better.

Just now, travel_dude said:

There's almost as many conditions as picks.

Need a 3D map to connect all the conditions.

No worries.. I doubt we Pick with all them...  they 'll be used in trades etc .. moving up etc 

Just now, robrob74 said:

Only team really asking was NJ that I can tell.  I think they are throwing in the towel, so unless they want to trade now over the summer, they might as well wait.  Picks too valuable for a lotto team.  

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

I think they would have because while sure his agent was doing work I think also just the cirumstance shrunk the market. If I'm not a playoff team then i'm not interested but in the summer I may have been. I'm looking at a team like Buffalo. Makes no sense for them now to inquire about Hanifin but in the summer I think they would have been interested. I also think in the summer you get teams more willing to give up pieces off your roster. 

I'm not suggesting he returns a haul but I think he gets you more. Only so much an agent can do when 23 teams actually can put a call in. 

Just now, travel_dude said:

Only team really asking was NJ that I can tell.  I think they are throwing in the towel, so unless they want to trade now over the summer, they might as well wait.  Picks too valuable for a lotto team.  

I guess it can be a draft floor deal anyway.

Flames clearly wanted this guy.

Interesting. Time will tell I guess but super curious to me. If he was truly a target and not just a piece they got, then that's a mistake from the Flames IMO. 

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

Agreed.  Market is probably not going to get bigger this summer due to the fact Markstrom will probably only waive his NMC to go to a contender.  He won't go to BUF, OTT, etc for example.  He'll just stay if that's the case.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Flames clearly wanted this guy.

Interesting. Time will tell I guess but super curious to me. If he was truly a target then that IMO is a huge mistake from the Flames. 

Derek Englund 2.0

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I think they would have because while sure his agent was doing work I think also just the cirumstance shrunk the market. If I'm not a playoff team then i'm not interested but in the summer I may have been. I'm looking at a team like Buffalo. Makes no sense for them now to inquire about Hanifin but in the summer I think they would have been interested. I also think in the summer you get teams more willing to give up pieces off your roster. 

I'm not suggesting he returns a haul but I think he gets you more. Only so much an agent can do when 23 teams actually can put a call in. 

But again it likely has to be a team he's indiacated he's willing to resign with or the deal goes downhill.. in the summer it likely would have to be a sign and trade for the best return .. you'd be essentially dealing with his list of teams again 

Just now, phoenix66 said:

This Shoujd upset a few people... Seen more than once that Flames are trying to get in on Colton Parayko. 😁😁

Hopefully this is just a troll…hard no on Parayko too old Now for the team direction makes no sense 

3 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

But again it likely has to be a team he's indiacated he's willing to resign with or the deal goes downhill.. in the summer it likely would have to be a sign and trade for the best return .. you'd be essentially dealing with his list of teams again 

Even if this were true, which I don't think it would be because I don't assume the conditions today would exist then, you'd still have teams that would have more flexibility to deal then now. Vegas isn't going to give you a player off their roster at the deadline, no contending team is, but in the summer it's more flexible. 

As a rule of thumb I always think its a mistake to trade players like Hanifin at the deadline. Should always deal higher end pieces like that in the summer to increase your suitors. 

Just now, MP5029 said:

Hopefully this is just a troll…hard no on Parayko too old Now for the team direction makes no sense 

Nope can't find it now but it was a couple of The  b level (not Friedman) say theyre on the list of teams connected ... It's a long list..so I doubt it's likely..but they're kicking tires

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Derek Englund 2.0

Hard to say, looking as some his highlights, and if he recovers from the injuries, he could blossom and rival Hanifin next year…oddly he’d be the sam age next year as Hanifin is this year…long shot but highlights show he could be 

Conroy said getting a first round pick was important to them. If that was the primary ask then it's not hard to see why Vegas won out. 

Boston has no first this year and no 2nds for 2 years.

Tampa has no first for the next 2 years

Florida no first for the next 2 years

Could be questioned if that's the right approach but not hard to see why Vegas came out on top here. 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Even if this were true, which I don't think it would be because I don't assume the conditions today would exist then, you'd still have teams that would have more flexibility to deal then now. Vegas isn't going to give you a player off their roster at the deadline, no contending team is, but in the summer it's more flexible. 

As a rule of thumb I always think its a mistake to trade players like Hanifin at the deadline. Should always deal higher end pieces like that in the summer to increase your suitors. 

I do agree they should have all been gone in the summer ..  avoid the circus .. the chances of being in a good playoff spot at deadline .. 

Thing is tho . He's had his price since summer .. I think teams were super low balling him . Cuz he was taking calls on all of them 

Just now, cross16 said:

Conroy said getting a first round pick was important to them. If that was the primary ask then it's not hard to see why Vegas won out. 

Boston has no first this year and no 2nds for 2 years.

Tampa has no first for the next 2 years

Florida no first for the next 2 years

Could be questioned if that's the right approach but not hard to see why Vegas came out on top here. 

Also, they are not rebuilding but first rounders are a priority? We are in a fill

rebuild just not a total fire sale rebuild, a phased but UFA forced rebuild