Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Like this one (if true):

Noah Hanifin trade details: #VegasBornNHL_GoldenKnights_2023.png receive: Noah Hanifin (50% retained) #FlamesNHL_Flames_2023.png receive: Nicolas Hague, David Edstrom, 2024 1st, 2025 conditional pick (either 3rd or 4th)

this would make sense if true 

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Why not? Martinez makes more than Hanifin.  Should cover Hanifin's salary.

Martinez’s cap hit still counts when on IR, if he was on LTIR then Vegas could go over the cap by the amount of his cap hit, but he isn’t on LTIR.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Like this one (if true):

Noah Hanifin trade details: #VegasBornNHL_GoldenKnights_2023.png receive: Noah Hanifin (50% retained) #FlamesNHL_Flames_2023.png receive: Nicolas Hague, David Edstrom, 2024 1st, 2025 conditional pick (either 3rd or 4th)

I'm surprised they would give up Hague.  He was huge for them in the Cup run (literally 6'-6").  I don't mind Korzcak because of RHS RD 6'-3" either.

I think Flames fans can be optimistic.

Mccrimmon takes big swings.

He traded Zach Dean (former 1st round pick)and was one of their better  prospects straight up for Barbashev last year.

He knows what he wants and goes and gets it

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

IR does not provide cap relief. 

2 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I'll be the first to admit did not know that 

Just now, JTech780 said:

Martinez’s cap hit still counts when on IR, if he was on LTIR then Vegas could go over the cap by the amount of his cap hit, but he isn’t on LTIR.

But what is LTIR?  3-games missed?

2 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

He traded Zach Dean (former 1st round pick)and was one of their better  prospects straight up for Barbashev last year.

Martinez also likely retiring after this season.  VGK will need a LD top pair guy to play with Pietrangelo.  Hanifin would fit there.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

I guess doesn't really matter since Martinez will not come back until game 1 of the first round... right? 

Very possible but him on LTIR is not needed to complete this trade. They have the space to do it without him

4 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Differing reports coming out, so I will shut up until I see real people that break trades reporting.

Sorry if I got hopes up.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Differing reports coming out, so I will shut up until I see real people that break trades reporting.

Sorry if I got hopes up.

Well the trade is happening…TSN is reporting it…the lack of details has me worried, they are reporting it but it’s not registered in the trade tracker, they usually have TBD but nothing?