Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

Wondering if we may see Mangiapane's name out there more in the next 48 hrs. UFA following next season and while I do like his game, if your going into a retool and can get an asset or 2 for him I think he makes sense to move. 

His spot alongside Backs and Coleman is a perfect integration spot for young players. 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Wondering if we may see Mangiapane's name out there more in the next 48 hrs. UFA following next season and while I do like his game, if your going into a retool and can get an asset or 2 for him I think he makes sense to move. 

His spot alongside Backs and Coleman is a perfect integration spot for young players. 

TBH…Manji, Coleman, Markstrom I see as summer moves if not next TDL moves in the case of Manji and Coleman.

though, if an offer of reasonable size cannon for Coleman this year (TDL or summer) I’d take it cause his value won’t get much higher…Manji can and has had better years so I’d wait on him hopping he rebounds next year to even the year after his value ATM is at an all time

low since he broke out.

I think the chances of Coleman being moved are extremely slim. I can't say that definitively of course but I don't expect him to be moved. 

I think the team loves him, sees him as a key part of what they are doing, and by all accounts he loves it here. 

I don't think Mang is in the same boat.

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

I think the chances of Coleman being moved are extremely slim. 

I think the team loves him, sees him as a key part of what they are doing, and by all accounts he loves it here. 

I get it but I’m of the opinion Dal may take a run at him Pelvski (sp?) is getting old and Coleman is a perfect replacement for him…off season this summer not this TDL 

46 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Will have to see if anything else involved, kinda disappointing that Walker gets a first and Tanev only gets one with a bad contract, but can't control what the buyers will do, maybe the Flames get more if they waited it out a little longer, but risky with that player.

COL swaps Byram + Johnsen + 1st and get a top 4 RD and a 2nd line C (who effectively replaces Kadri).  What amazing work.

I don't understand BUF who has LD galore and having a tough time making D pairings, goes adds another LD in Byram.  Dahlin and Byram will have to play on their weak sides.

PHI going into the playoffs but still selling.  Interesting.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I think the chances of Coleman being moved are extremely slim. 

Coleman's contract is hard to contending teams to absorb.  Too expensive for too long for a 2/3rd liner.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

COL swaps Byram + Johnsen + 1st and get a top 4 RD and a 2nd line C (who effectively replaces Kadri).  What amazing work.

I don't understand BUF who has LD galore and having a tough time making D pairings, goes adds another LD in Byram.  Dahlin and Byram will have to play on their weak sides.

PHI going into the playoffs but still selling.  Interesting.

Col mgt is very smart, they are leveraging what little they have to get younger without draft picks for the most part.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Coleman's contract is hard to contending teams to absorb.  Too expensive for too long for a 2/3rd liner.

At the TDL yes but not in the offseason. 

I think Coleman would have a great market in the offseason. I just don't think the Flames will entertain moving him. 

Newest rumour (from a guy with 3500 followers) is that the Flames have a contract offer to Hanifin in the upper $8M range in case they don't like the offers for him.  Like What the AF?  Won't sign long term at mid 7's.  Messes with trades to teams not on his 8 team list.  Craters his own trade value and we are wanting to pay him more?

Get creative before you even think about signing him at almost Nurse money.

28 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Huh. I must have missed the 25 year old 60 point center the flames had to deal for him. 

I love this.. lol.. people hear "we turned down a first",,and dont take all the other factor into acct 

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

Col mgt is very smart, they are leveraging what little they have to get younger without draft picks for the most part.

They spent a first on a rental and got older in the Middlestadt trade.

Just now, The_People1 said:

This is why I think Dal may in the summer less term and Joe should be gone so that’s a little over 3 mil into the Coleman contract…maybe 20% retention with a reasonable return this off season would work…he goes to his home

state with contending team…

again don’t see it this TDL unless another contender wants him but I don’t see Coleman wanting to go anywhere besides Dal…he dose love Cgy and we love him so I can only see a Dal move for him which I don’t see this TDL but in the summer it would make a lot of sense 

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Newest rumour (from a guy with 3500 followers) is that the Flames have a contract offer to Hanifin in the upper $8M range in case they don't like the offers for him.  Like What the AF?  Won't sign long term at mid 7's.  Messes with trades to teams not on his 8 team list.  Craters his own trade value and we are wanting to pay him more?

I'd recommend putting that in the BS column. He is the same guy who said Hanifin had an extension in place to stay. 

I don't doubt at all the Flames are still interested in him staying but I don't think they've changed their offer. Doesn't make sense. 

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

100% agreed 

2 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Please GOD NO!!!!

• Like 1

Oilers pick up Henrique (34 year old) + Carrick (32 year old) and a 7th

for the bargain price of 2024 1st, 2024 4th and 2025 5th (conditional to 4th if they win the cup).

Retained salary 75% on Henrique. 

1 minute ago, Kulstad said:

If EDM had waited until tomorrow, they could have gotten RJ for cheap.  

Once he cleared waivers that is.

Would only need to pay for the salary retention.

Just now, travel_dude said:

If EDM had waited until tomorrow, they could have gotten RJ for cheap.  

Once he cleared waivers that is.

Would only need to pay for the salary retention.

RJ isn't good though. 

Be a really bad fit on the Oilers too. Oilers payed for it, but they got the much better player

22 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Not gonna lie.. I want to see this happen .. JUST to see social media and everywhere else lose their ever loving freaking minds ..LOL

From the get go the flames have made it clear they want to keep Hanifin. There been their priority.  Trading him is a result it’s not a preference. 

Ryan Leslie on Monday commented he’s not ready to close to the door on Hanifin. Leslie doesn’t just throw stuff out there. 

im not expecting it but I don’t think it should come as a massive shock if the Flames don’t deal Hanifin. 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

From the get go the flames have made it clear they want to keep Hanifin. There been their priority.  Trading him is a result it’s not a preference. 

Ryan Leslie on Monday commented he’s not ready to close to the door on Hanifin. Leslie doesn’t just throw stuff out there. 

im not expecting it but I don’t think it should come as a massive shock if the Flames don’t deal Hanifin. 

So I assume Hanifin finally put ink to paper.   It's the Flames shopping him to see if the return is better.

Or it's just fake news to pump Hanifin's stock.