GDT - FLAMES @ Bruins - Tuesday 6 February 2024 - 5:00pm MDT

Just now, travel_dude said:

In theory, he had an offer and the Flames need to move on, one way or the other.

Word was he was told recently to either sign or be moved ..just not sure what his deadline was.. some think it was this weekend 

Good win but it proves nothing.  We played a great game, but how many of those do we have left this season?  And does this one stupid game tell the GM we are a playoff team?  I hope not.

We can beat some teams handily some nights.  BOS looked bad, but I don't know if it was us playing well or them playing bad.  We have seen that movie before.  We have 2 new D that played little or none here before this year.  We have three fresh players.  I don't know that are that much better overall, just that we looked that good.,

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Good win but it proves nothing.  We played a great game, but how many of those do we have left this season?  And does this one stupid game tell the GM we are a playoff team?  I hope not.

We can beat some teams handily some nights.  BOS looked bad, but I don't know if it was us playing well or them playing bad.  We have seen that movie before.  We have 2 new D that played little or none here before this year.  We have three fresh players.  I don't know that are that much better overall, just that we looked that good.,

I say a little bit of both, first game after a long break and the first of a long homestand with Vancouver coming in next it definitely felt like a trap game for them, but I'd say we've lost a few where the other team looks terrible so always take the win and the positives with them.

I’m not worried this sends any kind of message that we’re a playoff team. I think the most you can take from it is that there’s potential. I didn’t expect Kuzy and Huby to look so dynamic together in their first game together. I liked Pachal’s physicality. I liked the pack mentality with the rough stuff. Sharky looked decent at C. Entertaining game. 

Still Sell Hanifin and Tanev. Marky too. 

• Like 1

Was able to catch this one.

Few thoughts.. 

Jack Edwards is awful. Might be the worst commentator ever.

On the Flames.

I thought Kuzmenko looked good in the O zone. Looked great alongside Huberdeau as both have developed some early chemistry it seems.

You can see Kuzys dynamic hands for sure.

Pelletier was solid. Nothing amazing but made some nice plays.

Need to see more of Pachal but he was engaged physically 

6 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I’m not worried this sends any kind of message that we’re a playoff team. I think the most you can take from it is that there’s potential. I didn’t expect Kuzy and Huby to look so dynamic together in their first game together. I liked Pachal’s physicality. I liked the pack mentality with the rough stuff. Sharky looked decent at C. Entertaining game. 

Still Sell Hanifin and Tanev. Marky too. 

I think it confirms that we made a decent trade and waiver pickup.

We should be able to play this way every night, but we don't.

Continue with the moves to replace the UFA's.

They ain't worth it to us to keep.

Hanifin re-signing may not be the worst idea in the world, but I get queasy about it.

The big contract can put a player to sleep.

And what exactly is our plan if we don't sell to get good assets?

14 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Thx for the GDT  +1

I had trouble getting in early on. Said too many users or something.

Great game from Flames against a top team.

I get this occasionally.  I think it's something that happens with the gatekeeper software.

We should never have to worry about the 5 viewers we have on this site.

Maybe some hacking, since I see a lot of spam posts, new threads, etc.

It seems like they only get a few posts in, but it bugs me.

Sometimes I think it's related to Chrome browser.

I get back in and others never mention being locked out.

40 minutes ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

Now what is the Different from a rebuild and a Retool heard we are doing a retool not a rebuild

Retool...  Keep good players.. bring in a mix of win now players and futures .....playoffs always a goal...

Rebuild ...tear it down...sell anybody with value over the age of 24.. bring back picks and prospects only ..maybe eat other teams bad contracts..  losing as much as possible is the goal 

Just now, phoenix66 said:

He played well for us ..should have resigned him then 

I remember a lot of fans saying his name like Forbort !!.

Memes of Bart Simpson looking for a name tage at a store and all they just had BORT.

That was the year we went to the fake playoffs, beat WPG and lost to DAL.

Nothing about that year suggested anyone played well.

But, I will say the team may have soured me on any players we had that year.

On a side note, Forbort is 31 already.

5 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I remember a lot of fans saying his name like Forbort !!.

Memes of Bart Simpson looking for a name tage at a store and all they just had BORT.

That was the year we went to the fake playoffs, beat WPG and lost to DAL.

Nothing about that year suggested anyone played well.

But, I will say the team may have soured me on any players we had that year.

On a side note, Forbort is 31 already.

The age I'm ok with..you need solid placeholders while the kids get better...but I just checked and he's also a UFA so scratch that idea 

4 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

The age I'm ok with..you need solid placeholders while the kids get better...but I just checked and he's also a UFA so scratch that idea 

A lot of players I don't scout.  I see some of the good when I watch a game, but overall have no idea of their body of work.  If what we were looking for was a younger Tanev, then fine.  Assuming he's as good as Tanev.  

As far as the age, you are correct about it not being old and needing solid players to bring the kids along.  But we need to have mid 20's guys that span the younger guys.  Weegar is a vet at the older level.  Ras is a younger vet. Kylington is fine.  Pachal looks like he is ready for 82 games.  

32 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I get this occasionally.  I think it's something that happens with the gatekeeper software. We should never have to worry about the 5 viewers we have on this site. Maybe some hacking, since I see a lot of spam posts, new threads, etc. It seems like they only get a few posts in, but it bugs me.

I'm using Edge mostly..

Chrome seems to me to be bloatware for a couple of years now.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I get this occasionally.  I think it's something that happens with the gatekeeper software.

We should never have to worry about the 5 viewers we have on this site.

Maybe some hacking, since I see a lot of spam posts, new threads, etc.

It seems like they only get a few posts in, but it bugs me.

Well I'm new, so I guess I make it 6 now.