2. Demidov - Chicago Blackhawks
3. Levshunov - Anaheim Ducks
4. Buium - Columbus Blue Jackets
5. Iginla - Montreal Canadiens
6. Cattan - Utah
7. Silayev - Ottawa Senators
8. Yakemchuk - Seattle Kraken
9. Dickinson - Calgary Flames
10. Helenius - Flames (from New Jersey Devils)
11. Sennecke - Buffalo Sabres
12. Eiserman - Philadelphia Flyers
13. Lindstrom - Minnesota Wild (Injuries)

28.  O'Reilly - Flames

1 hour ago, 420since1974 said:

If it's not too late, I'll give it a shot.

1. Celebrini

2. Demidov

3. Levshunov

4. Lindstrom

5. Iginla

6. Buium

7. Parekh

8. Silayev

9. Dickinson

10. Catton

11. Helenius

28. Wallenius

Thanks guys, if the Flames acquire another pick before the draft then maybe we can sneak that one in there too and revise our lists.

Ok here is my crazy bold move:

1. San Jose- Macklin Celebrini 
  2. Chicago- Artyom Levshunov
  3. Anaheim- Anton Silayev
  4. Columbus- Cayden Lindstrom
  5. Calgary - Tij Iginla (Cgy trades Kuzy + 9th + 28th)
  6. Utah- Ivan Demidov
  7. Ottawa- Zeev Buium
  8. Seattle-  Konsta Helenius
  9. Mlt - Berkly Catton
  10. Calgary - Sam Dickenson (via NJD Markstrom trade)

28. Mlt - who cares 

3 hours ago, MP5029 said:

6. Utah- Ivan Demidov
  7. Ottawa- Zeev Buium
  9. Mlt - Berkly Catton

28. Mlt - who cares 

Still need #11, because that was the game.

Funny, the trade up to 5th seems like it is reasonable, but I wouldn't do it.

Not just to possibly get Iggy Jr.

If we are moving Kuz, a TDL trade might get us a 1st.

15 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Still need #11, because that was the game.

Funny, the trade up to 5th seems like it is reasonable, but I wouldn't do it.

Not just to possibly get Iggy Jr.

If we are moving Kuz, a TDL trade might get us a 1st.

Kuz fits what Mlt is after plus adding 2 firsts…this is basically 3 firsts for 1 first (one of which is a top 10) for a top 5…

the other option could be CBJ for 4OA and Laine for Kuz + 9oA and 28 oA…Laine is pretty much zero sum or negative trade value so it’s doing a favour for CBJ..in turn, to get Laine willing to accept the trade offer to trade him at TDL if he wants out…otherwise he’s got a chance at a fresh start in Cgy.

3 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Kuz fits what Mlt is after plus adding 2 firsts…this is basically 3 firsts for 1 first (one of which is a top 10) for a top 5

I'm not so much disputing the trade, but I wouldn't do it just to get Iggy.

I would be happy with 9, 10 and 28.

I think there is enough uncertainty in the rankings that we get a good-un at 9 and 28.

The 10 would be gravy, but I think I want to get more than a 10th for Marky.

Maybe a top 10 protected in 2025 plus a good young player.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I'm not so much disputing the trade, but I wouldn't do it just to get Iggy.

I would be happy with 9, 10 and 28.

I think there is enough uncertainty in the rankings that we get a good-un at 9 and 28.

The 10 would be gravy, but I think I want to get more than a 10th for Marky.

Maybe a top 10 protected in 2025 plus a good young player.

I'd agree with this. I'd hate to see adding another asset to a Markstrom trade. I'm not sure if we can afford to go 2-3 assets to return 1. Especially when the 1 will just be a prospect. They don't all work out, so I'd say too much risk. Some will throw around stats, like 75% work out. I look at 1-in-4, or 25%, is still a big risk number.

4 hours ago, MP5029 said:

6. Utah- Ivan Demidov
  7. Ottawa- Zeev Buium
  9. Mlt - Berkly Catton

28. Mlt - who cares 

Trading the 9 + 28 for 5 would be a pretty bold move.  Especially since there is a good chance Iginla is there at 9.

I wouldn't do this trade unless we already landed NJD's 10.

Also, need to submit a proper list with pick #11.

15 minutes ago, cross16 said:

In button's latest mock he has the Flames selection:

9. Anton Silayev

28. Sam O'Reilly

Has Tij going 6 to Utah

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/canadian-nhl-teams-in-the-spotlight-in-craig-button-s-latest-mock-draft-1.2135788

I can see the logic of both picks, but can't see MTL passing on Tij.

Button has Silayev at 16, so don't know.

Does Eiserman really drop to 13?

Who knows.  So many different directions teams could go in.

16 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I can see the logic of both picks, but can't see MTL passing on Tij.

Button has Silayev at 16, so don't know.

Does Eiserman really drop to 13?

Who knows.  So many different directions teams could go in.

It's difficult to project.  For us we need a projected top 6 forward and top 2 dman. 

D prospects ( projected in this area)

Buium. Levshunov, Dickenson, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Silayev

Forwards

Celebrinni, Demidov, Iginla, Catton. Lindstrom, Helenius ,Sennecke and Eiserman.

The ones bolded IMHO are one-dimensional and risky.  For me and its just a guess I see at D Yakemchuk and Parekh available at 9 for D and Catton ,Helenius, Sennecke and Eiserman at forward at 9. Getting the 10th from NJ would be great, good get a forward and D man with a possible good fine at 28 in a D and or forward. I totally forgot about O reilly should have taken him at 28, He is one I would trade up to get later on. 

36 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

It's difficult to project.  For us we need a projected top 6 forward and top 2 dman. 

Forwards

Celebrinni, Demidov, Iginla, Catton. Lindstrom, Helenius ,Sennecke and Eiserman.

The ones bolded IMHO are one-dimensional and risky.  For me and its just a guess I see at D Yakemchuk and Parekh available at 9 for D and Catton ,Helenius, Sennecke and Eiserman at forward at 9. Getting the 10th from NJ would be great, good get a forward and D man with a possible good fine at 28 in a D and or forward. I totally forgot about O reilly should have taken him at 28, He is one I would trade up to get later on. 

Let's be honest for a second, we need more than a top 6 forward or top 2 Dman.  We need a franchise C and a franchise D (at minimum).  And most importantly, the best way to get that is to be bad enough for 2 years minimum.

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

9. Anton Silayev

28. Sam O'Reilly

Has Tij going 6 to Utah

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/canadian-nhl-teams-in-the-spotlight-in-craig-button-s-latest-mock-draft-1.2135788

I don't mind Silayev.  He has all the tools and there's so much there to work with.  Conroy has also opted for size last year.  Well, there's size here.

2 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Forwards

I think we will be a little shocked during the draft, when one team goes for what looks like a reach.  Then the one you would expect to get picked somehow ends up around 12th.  I think Yakemchuk is too easily scouted by the Flames due to location.  They would know all his weaknesses.  

Me thinking Parekh is our pick is just thinking that he will fall and we are all over ourselves to grab him.  I don't think we would take Catton if he fell, but many others would be targets if they did.

19 hours ago, cross16 said:

9. Anton Silayev

28. Sam O'Reilly

Has Tij going 6 to Utah

Can they stop already? Sam O'Reilly is an atrocity. Nobody cared in January, now he's a 1st rder? Teams would be silly to take him prior to 62nd oa. /s

A fun little player comp from Flo Hockey. These things are never correct, but give a sense of the style of player. A couple are downright laughable, but decent overall:

https://www.flohockey.tv/articles/12641367-nhl-player-comparables-for-macklin-celebrini-top-2024-nhl-draft-prospects

12 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

My attempt:

1. Celebrini

2. Levshunov

3. Iginla

4. Demidov

5. Lindstrom

6. Silayev

7. Buium

8. Dickinson

9. Catton

10. Parekh

11. Sennecke

28. Hutson

Not bad. I wouldn't hate that at all!! It's going to be fascinating to try to get a read on what we value atm.

Catton and Hutson would be high tempo, speed and skill.

17 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I think we will be a little shocked during the draft, when one team goes for what looks like a reach.  Then the one you would expect to get picked somehow ends up around 12th.  I think Yakemchuk is too easily scouted by the Flames due to location.  They would know all his weaknesses.  

Me thinking Parekh is our pick is just thinking that he will fall and we are all over ourselves to grab him.  I don't think we would take Catton if he fell, but many others would be targets if they did.

Oh I get it.Just ater watching him play in the Memorial cup, he skares well, is offensively gifted just reminded me of a watered down, Eric Karleson.... could put up loads of points that are equal to the high - ranking in his plus minus.  Dickenson is solid reads plays adapts well to situation skates well distributes well, not sayinghe doesn't have warts but he appears more NHL ready or adjusted. Parekh IMHO is either a highly offensive dman or he's a bust. 

2 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Oh I get it.Just ater watching him play in the Memorial cup, he skares well, is offensively gifted just reminded me of a watered down, Eric Karleson.... could put up loads of points that are equal to the high - ranking in his plus minus.  Dickenson is solid reads plays adapts well to situation skates well distributes well, not sayinghe doesn't have warts but he appears more NHL ready or adjusted. Parekh IMHO is either a highly offensive dman or he's a bust. 

Pretty much.

Tij up to 3 on Button's final ranking list.  https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/craig-s-list-tij-iginla-cole-eiserman-rise-in-final-ranking-1.2136740

His rationale is interesting and shows a whole pile of bias. Tij will be an interesting study in this regard.  I do think he's a good player and a good prospect but I wonder how much his status and ultimately draft spot are going to be the result of people anchoring to Jarome. 

26 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Tij up to 3 on Button's final ranking list.  https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/craig-s-list-tij-iginla-cole-eiserman-rise-in-final-ranking-1.2136740

His rationale is interesting and shows a whole pile of bias. Tij will be an interesting study in this regard.  I do think he's a good player and a good prospect but I wonder how much his status and ultimately draft spot are going to be the result of people anchoring to Jarome. 

I think he goes high as well, FWIW. If the talks are true and they wish to move Zegras out, Tij projects to be a more rounded forward. The kid did put on a show winning gold, the pedigree isn't all that bad as well. There is some merit to having Jerome as a dad similar to Keith with the Chucky boys. They grew up around understanding what it takes ultimately, it does in the end falls on the prospect. I don't see there being an issue with the pressure of being an Igilna he's been dealing with comparisons and that pressure since he put skates on. 

I do find Buttons list interesting. He has a lot of players at spots IMHO if they fell to us at 9 I would run to the podium to take. Eiserman to MTL is a huge move, but they need scoring and he does all of that, ranked best in the draft. It will be neat to see where it all falls outside of Celebrini, some one is going to do something we all would never predict they always do. 

In his mock on the Athletic Corey Pronman has the Flames selecting:

9. Sam Dickinson

28. Leo Sahlin Wallenius

His is also interesting in that he has Yakemchuk at 8, Senneck at 7, Iginla 10 and Parekh at 13. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

In his mock on the Athletic Corey Pronman has the Flames selecting:

9. Sam Dickinson

28. Leo Sahlin Wallenius

His is also interesting in that he has Yakemchuk at 8, Senneck at 7, Iginla 10 and Parekh at 13. 

If Iginla is there at 9, then there's too much pressure from fans to not take Iginla.  

Picking Iginla is win-win for Conroy.  If Iginla pans out, great.  If not, fans wanted it and will give Conroy a pass.  No one wants to consider what would happen if Conroy passes on Iginla and then Iginla goes on to be a super star.  Conroy will get chased out of town.

Early in the season, I didn't think the Flames would take Iginla.

Given the season he's had, if he's available, there is a case to be made that he's the best player available. The caveat is if Jarome and Tij would rather he play somewhere else. 

I think the Flames and the Iginla family are hoping Tij is off the board before 9th. 

• Like 1