2024 NHL draft - A New Hope

jjgallow

8 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Yegorov was not a pick that I understood.   I mean I am a Russian goalie cheerleader yes, but this was a head-scratcher nonetheless.    Not a pick that I'm going to be watching closely or having high expecations for.

Gridin, on the other hand, i feel they nailed that pick.

What's your issue with this particular Russian goalie?  Someone said he looked bushed.  Did he fly over to NA via Westjet?  Was he here for some time?  He's still what 18 turning 18?  

6 hours ago, travel_dude said:

What's your issue with this particular Russian goalie?  Someone said he looked bushed.  Did he fly over to NA via Westjet?  Was he here for some time?  He's still what 18 turning 18?  

No issue.    I just haven't seen anything to get excited about.  Could change.   

Gridin...I think...is a goalie that will be very fun to track.

21 hours ago, Kulstad said:

Not sure what video you were watching.  He looked bored to me, not exhausted.

Fair enough. I left it at that. He was doing very little puck tracking, but perhaps because of the repetitiveness of the drill.

I thought maybe it was the travel. It wasn't a long clip, so not a lot of context.

Wasn't putting him down, just an observation.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Sam Morton is a fun player to watch.  I know he should be, here, due to age. Still, I love how he just cruises lanes.

Misa scores again.

150th oa. I'm beside myself. I thought mid-2nd.

Yeah, Morton was quite good.  Misa, Mews, Parekh x2, Brzucstewich and many others very impressive as well.  Thoroughly enjoyed the game.  Well done on the Flames.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Thanks I watched the first half.  

Misa, Stromgren, and older Parekh was good.  Zayne scored but was otherwise unnoticeable.

Also felt Jurco was good.  Grushnikov wasn't so good.  Basha had some good moments.

Coronato played like he didn't want to be there.  Was expecting NHL level domination just he faded into the background.

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Sam Morton is a fun player to watch.  I know he should be, here, due to age. Still, I love how he just cruises lanes.

Misa scores again.

150th oa. I'm beside myself. I thought mid-2nd.

Morton was very good with the wranglers as well. He would be a good 4th line skilled guy 

Summer hockey. Not really worth evaluating too heavily, but I will anyway lol.

Morton was really good with the Wranglers. I think there's a pathway for him to carve an NHL career. Like the Duehr's and Hathaway's before him.

Good for Misa. He's going to be a lot of fun to watch this year. He's got speed which is an organizational weakness. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Thanks I watched the first half.  

Misa, Stromgren, and older Parekh was good.  Zayne scored but was otherwise unnoticeable.

Also felt Jurco was good.  Grushnikov wasn't so good.  Basha had some good moments.

Coronato played like he didn't want to be there.  Was expecting NHL level domination just he faded into the background.

We’ll, perhaps you should watch the whole game?