Stars @ Flames; 1 November 2023; 6:30pm MDT; SN1

• conundrumed changed the title to Stars @ Flames; 1 November 2023; 6:30pm MDT; SN1
1 hour ago, rocketdoctor said:

Please tell me those lines are a joke?

Dube benched when Hunt is on the 2nd line?

Zadorov benched for Losterle?

must be 1st April and I'm dreaming.

Thanks for the GDT conundrumed.

I believe that's Dube and Z having maintenance days and will correct when confirmed.😬

But how's that for depth? Yikes!!

1 hour ago, medatswhoP said:

Amazing you all with your G.D.T.'s very creative. Nice work conundrumed!

Zadorov benched? WTF, and Dube? that's like benching Markstrom serious what is wrong with this coach!

Cmon Flames, time to come out of the basement.

20 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I believe that's Dube and Z having maintenance days and will correct when confirmed.😬

But how's that for depth? Yikes!!

The Zary recall is an emergency one, so Dube is likely out with injury or illness.  They can always convert it to regular upon player being healthy, but as of now the Flames used the less-than-12-healthy-bodies reason with the league.  Hunt playing anything more than a couple of games is more concerning than the callup of Zary.  I think Z may play tonight, which is fine, but it still points to having to use Gilbert and/or Oesterle.  Neither should be considered a reason for the struggles but we went from great depth to poor depth.  

Confirmed that Dube is out, so he's injured or under the weather.  The emergency recall of Zary confirms he can't play.

The good thing is he won't be 4th line and he won't have to have to assume duties at C for his first NHL game.

His forte is setup, so this might work out for him, with Govich looking to shoot.  Kadri might actually use him as an option.

On a sour note, this is a rematch of our last NHL playoff 1st round with Otter vs Marky.

29 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I forgot about those fans, that was a riot!

But its why you don't mess with voodoo, there is always a price to pay for putting on curses.  We got through on Oettinger eventually, but we are now seeing what it cost.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sak22 said:

But its why you don't mess with voodoo, there is always a price to pay for putting on curses.  We got through on Oettinger eventually, but we are now seeing what it cost.

We outdueled the best goalie in the west that playoffs.

Surprising how the voodoo worked out positive for us.

Unfortunately, we had the rookie coaching genius in EDM.

All the good juju couldn't combat poor coaching.

4 hours ago, sak22 said:

😂 truth is though that voodoo isn’t real. All we’re seeing is the inevitable results of poor decision making.  🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1