When will the Paper Bags be worn?

V1nny83at5

I don't want to be premature in my pessimism, but based on the Flames' performance so far this season:

"What is the threshold for you [as a Flames fan] to start wearing the paper bag this season?"

Example(s): Flames lose X amount of games; Flames are X amount of points away from a playoff spot in [insert month].

Please comment down below your thoughts/answer to the questions.

BONUS follow up question(s):

What will you be writing on your paper bag, if you do decide to wear it?

Paper Bag.jpeg

2 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

My brown bag would say "Oilers suck!" 😁

I would never wear one though I go through the good and the bad rides for this team.

Ya I mean, as bad as the Flames have been, it is close to what fans have expected.  The Oilers, on the other hand, came into the season as Cup contenders.

5 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

My brown bag would say "Oilers suck!" 😁

I would never wear one though I go through the good and the bad rides for this team.

Yup I just took my paper bag off this year.   Haven't signed any boat anchor contracts,  Haven't sold any picks, Haven't ruined any prospects.   Best year in a while, the way I see it

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, jjgallow said:

Yup I just took my paper bag off this year.   Haven't signed any boat anchor contracts,  Haven't sold any picks, Haven't ruined any prospects.   Best year in a while, the way I see it

Will you be happy when we make the playoffs, though?  Top 3 in the Pacific isn't as clear cut as the analysts seemed to think.

8 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Will you be happy when we make the playoffs, though?  Top 3 in the Pacific isn't as clear cut as the analysts seemed to think.

I will be happy when we win the cup :)         I'm thinking about opening a vote on when that will be, how it will happen.   Hasn't happened since 2004 (it was in)

Maybe if we can just go by the most useless, pointless stat-driver ever created we can invent the same excuses as last year!

I believe this absolute zero of a point in useless stats had us beating Detroit 4.2 - 2.4 or something like that. "expected" has to be the dumbest stat I've ever seen. Yet it gets parroted up the wazoo as if it is actually meaningful. Peeps don't buy +/- stats, yet are quick to parrot all of the more useless ones created after +/-.

d8872d42cf80d8ce03978ff8f5165f36.png

The make-believe stat Flames are so much better than what we're watching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Maybe if we can just go by the most useless, pointless stat-driver ever created we can invent the same excuses as last year!

I believe this absolute zero of a point in useless stats had us beating Detroit 4.2 - 2.4 or something like that. "expected" has to be the dumbest stat I've ever seen. Yet it gets parroted up the wazoo as if it is actually meaningful. Peeps don't buy +/- stats, yet are quick to parrot all of the more useless ones created after +/-.

d8872d42cf80d8ce03978ff8f5165f36.png

The make-believe stat Flames are so much better than what we're watching.

I see corsi similarly. For me, possession means nothing unless you're exorcising... 🤪 the flames possession numbers just means they're skating with it a lot and not doing anything with it. The Flames also seem to be making shot count obsolete aS well.

Why would anyone wear a bag? You{whoever} who would wear a bag over their head isn't much of a fan. Just a bunch of creating drama.....

I am a Flames fan from day 1, win or lose, good or bad.  I have no need for bags or throwing Jerseys on the ice. And I can just voice my displeasure with my money.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DirtyDeeds said:

Why would anyone wear a bag? You{whoever} who would wear a bag over their head isn't much of a fan. Just a bunch of creating drama.....

I am a Flames fan from day 1, win or lose, good or bad.  I have no need for bags or throwing Jerseys on the ice. And I can just voice my displeasure with my money.

+1 Deeds.  I never understood the tossing jerseys bit.

I won't go to a game if I am not happy.