Flames vs Rangers 24 October 2023 7:45MT SN360

Just now, taz89 said:

I dont think Huska is going to last too long with this group. This team doesn't care.  I wonder if the panick is starting to sink in with Conroy

Nope, he's in for the year at least.

Players are going to be on the block.

I don't even think the return will matter.

You can't turn it around for your own play, then see ya.

Lines shouldn't matter if you are bringing it yourself.

You should stand out over the slackers.

I have seen about half the players tonight GAF.

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I have no words. The effort just isn't there way too often. How do you get better when too many players, especially the solid vets, just seem to be going through the motions.

I'm starting to feel really bad for Tanev. He gets pressured with the puck on his stick and NOBODY is supporting for a safe pass. Hanifin moved further away from him on the turnover leading to the last goal.

Is it no effort or are players just very mid? Just mid-curve Hanifin doing mid-curve IQ.  Only capable of average reads, average imagination with the puck. Whole team.  No game breakers.  No one scares the Rangers.  No threat to score.

Doesn't help that our best D is suspended either.

I hate this narrative that if the effort was there then the goals are there too.  That's just not always the case.  We just won't score even if the effort was there.

The effort is/was there in the first period.  Then lack of skills to finish dejected everyone.  Now we go into the third period believing we won't score.

1 minute ago, medatswhoP said:

Cant imagine the folks that paid to watch this game on a crappy snowy night.

Hmmm. @cross16, did you this year? @sak22 maybe?

Good year to watch the Wranglers maybe?

Suniev off to a hot start with UMass, prospect watch year? I REALLY liked Bell in camp. People say raw, but I don't even know what that means tbh. "He's got the raw skills". You mean, "he's got the skills"?