Flames vs Rangers 24 October 2023 7:45MT SN360

Just another vanilla effort. Sure they’re skating but they are second to most pucks, not fighting through checks or traffic. Just no desire or passion to their game.

concern level should be rising. I can understand early mistakes but I can’t understand efforts like this. 

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Just another vanilla effort. Sure they’re skating but they are second to most pucks, not fighting through checks or traffic. Just no desire or passion to their game.

concern level should be rising. I can understand early mistakes but I can’t understand efforts like this. 

Especially after they laid an egg versus Detroit, and Zadorov called out the team.

Just now, JTech780 said:

This is where things turned for the Flames. No answer for this hit.

Messed up the lines that were working, yes.

Did we beat the snot out of anyone over this?

Nope.

The answer is we don't have a replacement for Ruzicka in the lineup.

He's not flashy but he moves the puck the right way.

6 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I see effort.  I simply see no skill.  No Gaudreau to create something out of nothing.  Huberdeau tries to do this but he's a turnover machine. Coleman missed a gimme on an open net.  Osterle too.  Just lacking some skills.

It's going to be a long year.  Lots of good effort and skating but no game breakers to change our fortunes.

8 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

This is where things turned for the Flames. No answer for this hit.

It happened so fast I don't think anyone had a chance to react.  But good push back when they hit Coleman from behind.

Hope Ruzicka is okay.  It looked like a half-concussion and half favouring his left arm/shoulder.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

they weren’t good before this. Really haven’t been good outside of the first 3 mins and 1 PP. 

I have no words. The effort just isn't there way too often. How do you get better when too many players, especially the solid vets, just seem to be going through the motions.

I'm starting to feel really bad for Tanev. He gets pressured with the puck on his stick and NOBODY is supporting for a safe pass. Hanifin moved further away from him on the turnover leading to the last goal.