Flames vs Rangers 24 October 2023 7:45MT SN360

23 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I will never get tired of this song!!

A great show all around, well worth the ticket price.

"Black Water" was the first of the encore songs.

IMO, Pat Simmons stole the show even though Michael MacDonald received the most cheers.

Simmons vocals were strong and his guitar playing was fantastic. I was really amazed with his talent and endurance at 75 years of age. That skinny, long-haired, little freak was still jumping up and down and running from one side of the stage to the other.

John McFee was killer as well.

I'm not sure what happened to Tom Johnston, he wasn't on the stage at all.

3 hours ago, 420since1974 said:

A great show all around, well worth the ticket price.

"Black Water" was the first of the encore songs.

IMO, Pat Simmons stole the show even though Michael MacDonald received the most cheers.

Simmons vocals were strong and his guitar playing was fantastic. I was really amazed with his talent and endurance at 75 years of age. That skinny, long-haired, little freak was still jumping up and down and running from one side of the stage to the other.

John McFee was killer as well.

I'm not sure what happened to Tom Johnston, he wasn't on the stage at all.

I'm with you!! Sarnia used to have a huge festival that started when I left in '94 for Calgary and ended when I returned for good in '02. Bastards.lol

I was here doing a job in about '99 and managed to catch Collective Soul(backed up by my buddies ("The 88's"!) and the Doobie Bros. Both shows were really solid. I think everyone in Sarnia >35yo were at the Doobie show. I saw about 100 long lost friends which was distracting but awesome. Pat Simmons, yup. He was the show for me.

My all-time fave acoustic songs are Black Water and Judy Blue Eyes. I can't even say 1 and 2, I could loop those 2 all day and never stop singing.lol

Also being a jazz afficianado, the Doobie's and Steely Dan have had my ear since about age 12. Dan's more jazz, but I love the Doob's vocal arrangements. They ALL sing really well.

Don't overlook Collective Soul if you have a chance to see them! Great show and really down-to-earth, modest,  great people. 2 bands became return staples at the venues here, them and Big Wreck. Probably a dozen more that don't deserve mentioning, I'll put it that way. Those 2 bands are deserving. STP wanted Ian Thornley to replace Scott Weilland as singer but he declined, citing not abandoning his friends that are his own band and crew.

So I'll throw it out there....arena anthem singers...pick an effing key...and stay in it!!!! It's gotten cringe-worthy.

We should have an anthem thread, if not for doxxing people in their 15 mins of fame...but damn, practice with a vocal coach first.

Sure wish the Flames would abandon Canyon though. A city of 1.3mil pretending the roads are still horse and buggy was old when I moved there at half that population.lol Time to lose the country bumpkin thing. It doesn't fit. 2 weeks of a rodeo isn't a 52 week personification, get over it.

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Sure wish the Flames would abandon Canyon though. A city of 1.3mil pretending the roads are still horse and buggy was old when I moved there at half that population.lol Time to lose the country bumpkin thing. It doesn't fit. 2 weeks of a rodeo isn't a 52 week personification, get over it.

I find it odd that the moment they bring the Flames to the ice, they use AC/DC, but Canyon gets used and later Country Roads plays?  Want to have a cowboy theme?  Go for it, call it Cowboy night.    

• Kulstad unpinned this topic