Niederreiter-Perfetti-Appleton
Barron-Kupari-Ford
Jonsson-Fjallby-Gustafsson-Viel

Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Stanley-Heinola

Hellebuyck
Delia

Should be superfun and I think everyone should treat it as seriously as death! /s

How about those D pairings, Flames fans?

37 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Lineup guess per FlamesNation for fun:

Huberdeau – Lindholm – Mangiapane
Sharangovich – Backlund – Coronato
Ruzicka – Kadri – Dube
Hunt – Schwindt – Coleman
Weegar – Andersson
Hanifin – Tanev
Zadorov – Oesterle
Solovyov – DeSimone
G: Markstrom and Wolf

Jets roster per Illegal Curve:

Iafallo-Scheifele-Namestnikov
Niederreiter-Perfetti-Appleton
Barron-Kupari-Ford
Jonsson-Fjallby-Gustafsson-Viel

Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Stanley-Heinola

Hellebuyck
Delia

Should be superfun and I think everyone should treat it as seriously as death! /s

How about those D pairings, Flames fans?

Sans Kylington, I think the D pairs are as close to the real thing as possible.  Avec Kylington, I don't know what that would or should do.  

As far as a pre-season roster goes, this is pretty darn close to a full one and lines maybe the way the should be.  We can argue the logistics of Mangiapane playing top line on RW or Govich playing LW, but in some ways it's a test for Coronato to see how he does playing 2-way.  I like that they are keeping Kadri with Rosie.  I think that has some real promise.  Schwindt vs Zary on 4th line.  Hmmm, both are about the same in development level and AHL scoring/games.  Diffference is handedness.  

2 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Can someone please explain to me the Take Me Home Country Roads bit? When did this become a thing at hockey games? And what the hell does it have to do with the Flames?

I miss Stompin' Tom.

Love.

It's the Flames response to Sweet Caroline and other "hits" that teams have claimed as their own.

Maybe more appropriate for a Flames game is Four Strong WInds.

Play it after we go down 3 goals, and the tears would flow.

I'm not sure how you get from ACDC to John Denver.

Seems like a real stretch.

4 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

Can someone please explain to me the Take Me Home Country Roads bit? When did this become a thing at hockey games? And what the hell does it have to do with the Flames?

I miss Stompin' Tom.

Love.

Oh boy...crank up the cringe, let's rustle up a hockey game with Americkers icon of wholesomeness.

A fun aside, the Wings' music guy is a regular on their sub-reddit and takes requests. He's also good at taking his lumps.lol

I'll be at the Leafs-Wings game on the 7th, I'll have to count the cringe moments.

"Just a city boy born and raised in South Detroit" is getting tiresome.lol

Motown and Techno music came out of the D, so that's almost a given...but at least there's reasons.

I'd hoped to see Wolf for half the game but we seem to have graduated to icing the starting roster already. Hopefully we can keep putting everyone but Dube with Huberdeau. /s

I really hope that this is the year Rosie becomes aware that he could be making millions/yr. We're a bit desperate for a 2LW if'n Coronato can be a top 6 RW.

Interesting to see how it unfolds.

Hopefully Winnipeg didn't just give us the flu...

edit

Jordan Oesterle again. I'm going to maintain that Conroy got the pick of the litter for a cheap 6/7 Dman this offseason. No one disliked him in the D, we're just trying to cycle through every player in the league waiting for prospects. We should have signed Suter too. Detroit's going to keep shedding quality NHLers disguised as nothings. Maatta could be next.

If Detroit misses and the Flames are in a playoff spot, Perron will be worth a hard TDL look. He's a demon at protecting the puck in the O zone.

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Oh boy...crank up the cringe, let's rustle up a hockey game with Americkers icon of wholesomeness.

A fun aside, the Wings' music guy is a regular on their sub-reddit and takes requests. He's also good at taking his lumps.lol

I'll be at the Leafs-Wings game on the 7th, I'll have to count the cringe moments.

"Just a city boy born and raised in South Detroit" is getting tiresome.lol

Motown and Techno music came out of the D, so that's almost a given...but at least there's reasons.

I'd hoped to see Wolf for half the game but we seem to have graduated to icing the starting roster already. Hopefully we can keep putting everyone but Dube with Huberdeau. /s

I really hope that this is the year Rosie becomes aware that he could be making millions/yr. We're a bit desperate for a 2LW if'n Coronato can be a top 6 RW.

Interesting to see how it unfolds.

Hopefully Winnipeg didn't just give us the flu...

edit

Jordan Oesterle again. I'm going to maintain that Conroy got the pick of the litter for a cheap 6/7 Dman this offseason. No one disliked him in the D, we're just trying to cycle through every player in the league waiting for prospects. We should have signed Suter too. Detroit's going to keep shedding quality NHLers disguised as nothings. Maatta could be next.

If Detroit misses and the Flames are in a playoff spot, Perron will be worth a hard TDL look. He's a demon at protecting the puck in the O zone.

I think they decided to put Wolf in the AHL again.  It's not my choice, but it's exactly the hand they are showing.

Oesterle is fine in my books.  We didn't have a 7D other than Gilbert, who is not much better than Mackey was.

He can take the 6D spot now until we figure out what's up with Kylington.

In fact, Kylington will need to take back the spot if anything, as he had zero practice.

Rosie is in a perfect spot to be a full timer.  We haven't yet managed to find someone to play with Kadri on LW.

I'm not sure why they sat him out for stretches last night, other than maybe getting Coleman some reps or use Cor with Kadri.

He was a +2 last night, so I don't know it was performance based.

If Coronato is in the top 9, it seems, from one weird game, that he actually plays well with Backlund.

Of course, that messes up two other lines that seemed to be working well.

How was Hanifin last night?  I saw a nice pass from Tanev, but I saw a lot of Hanifin playing deep in the O-zone.

The PP looked a bit too much like last year for my liking.

Get it down low, back to the D, to Hubey to the D, to Lindholm.  Argg.

13 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I miss Stompin' Tom.

Love.

I noticed it really took off last season.  I don't get it personally, but crowd engagement is a good thing so I won't complain, the wave during a tie game on the other hand.  

Coronato was great. Can’t see how he doesn’t make the team. 

There is so much more creativity in their game offensively. I really like where they are taking their offensive game. 

D zone is a work in progress for sure but to be expected after a change. Markstrom wasn’t good but there was a lot of very good quality chances against 

• Like 1