GDT Flames vs Ducks. April 2

Sutter is going to be in his glory at tonight’s presser. 

Media: What made you think that tonight was a good night to bring in Michael Stone?

Sutter: Did you notice who the difference makers were. ***insert cheeky smile*** Looch gets us the go ahead go, and Stone wins us the game. Size, experience is what wins in this league. ****insert head tilt and another cheeky smile***

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Sn the worse case ever Lucic who scores LMAO   you seriously can't scrip this crap and better

I liked the Stone goal.

I hate to say it, but he's that journeyman player you need.

Comes in after missing a ton of games and does the job.

No, he is no longer a 82 game player.

Maybe he can give pointers to Ras, since Ras refuses to shoot.

25 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

There really is not anything with this to be excited about. You just squeak out a win against a Fing bottom dweller that got Satoshi Nakamoto canned last night, yeah start the parade

Well I’ll be the glass half full guy, what we have to be excited about is that we’re still in the mix and as tough as we made tonight. We still got it done, I’m not gonna plan the parade but I’m not gonna rain on it either. 
The true flames fans enjoyed their drinks tonight. Live to fight another day. 🍻

• Like 1

It's just hard to watch as the Jets are now playing good hockey and the Flames are struggling to be anywhere near as good as they need to be. I can see us winning the CHI game, I just can't see us beating Jets the next day. They have the next 3 days off, we have to play travel and play a hot trending team in their own barn. The odds of us winning both games is extremely slim from what we see with this club. Hey, at least Sutter did mention that the younger guys were the difference-makers in this game

3 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

Well I’ll be the glass half full guy, what we have to be excited about is that we’re still in the mix and as tough as we made tonight. We still got it done, I’m not gonna plan the parade but I’m not gonna rain on it either. 
The true flames fans enjoyed their drinks tonight. Live to fight another day. 🍻

Trust me I get it but when you watch the difference between the Jets and Flames there is a huge difference in intensity and performance. Ther is nothing more than to see this club be a get in and make some noise 

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

That was much tougher than it should have been.

How in the world were we ever losing to a tired bunch of Ducks?

goaltending. 

this game was not near as close as the score was. I didn’t like their first 10 but outside of that they dominated the game. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

goaltending. 

this game was not near as close as the score was. I didn’t like their first 10 but outside of that they dominated the game. 

I won't debate the first two goals.  They were saves that should have been made.

Goal 3 was a rebound to a spot that should have been covered by the C, but he was roo far out.

Goalie had two directions he could go and neither was ideal.  Not down and out but too low on his skates.

Goal 4 was a breakdown in the zone and goalie had 3 player screen.  Not well angled to the shot he didn't see.

Okay, I agree with you that it should not have been close, 4-1 or 4-2 at worst.

And this is supposedly the best the Flames are playing.

Our best goalie starting 14 out of 15.

If we can't easily win these types of games why are we bothering to go for the playoffs.

Memorable losses to LA, DAL and ARI.

We are not about to beat Minny or Dallas 2-1.

And getting there, we still have to get through CHI, WPG and NAS.

3 of 5 wins gives us a chance, if they include NAS and WPG losing.

Markstrom is yet to beat CHI this year.

If that's the first of the B2B, I'm not sure we would be better against WPG.

7 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I won't debate the first two goals.  They were saves that should have been made.

Goal 3 was a rebound to a spot that should have been covered by the C, but he was roo far out.

Goalie had two directions he could go and neither was ideal.  Not down and out but too low on his skates.

Goal 4 was a breakdown in the zone and goalie had 3 player screen.  Not well angled to the shot he didn't see.

Okay, I agree with you that it should not have been close, 4-1 or 4-2 at worst.

And this is supposedly the best the Flames are playing.

Our best goalie starting 14 out of 15.

If we can't easily win these types of games why are we bothering to go for the playoffs.

Memorable losses to LA, DAL and ARI.

We are not about to beat Minny or Dallas 2-1.

And getting there, we still have to get through CHI, WPG and NAS.

3 of 5 wins gives us a chance, if they include NAS and WPG losing.

Markstrom is yet to beat CHI this year.

If that's the first of the B2B, I'm not sure we would be better against WPG.

every Ducks goal was misplayed. First two shouldn’t go in, 3rd was awful rebound control and the 4th Vladar wasn’t in the right spot. He overplayed it to his right and gave up too much net. 

doesn’t mean they all should have been stopped as mistakes happen, just was a really tough night in net for both guys. 

5 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Stecher, Zadorov, Stone... even Lucic.  Nice to get goals from the supporting cast.  Nice to see Mange score but we need better production from our top players in the most important part of the season.

To be fair Huberdeau was excellent last night. He should have had 3-4 assists. Set up some great plays.  Think your getting the type of game you want from him. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

every Ducks goal was misplayed. First two shouldn’t go in, 3rd was awful rebound control and the 4th Vladar wasn’t in the right spot. He overplayed it to his right and gave up too much net. 

doesn’t mean they all should have been stopped as mistakes happen, just was a really tough night in net for both guys. 

I'm not about to give either goalie credit in this game.

First shot in.

3rd goal was deflating, 58 seconds after taking the lead.

4th even more by.

My point of this all was that I don't think we have great goaltending even recently.

We are just winning the games we should be winning easily.

A couple wins that were one extra goal in a close game, especially the Dallas game.

Only the LA and Minny games were well played.

And the LA game was hanging on for life.

This isn't a team ready for the playoffs.

It's one that could squeak in and have the same issues it did all season.

1 hour ago, LouCifer said:

Happy to wake up to a W. Wasn’t looking good last night. GFG!

Sad Happy Hour GIF

I'm not sure I enjoy these cliffhangers.  If we have this much trouble with  tired, basement team, how are we going to beat the tough teams?  Honestly, these wins do nothing to make me feel any different about the team's ability to win.  We win 2 games where we were losing after 2 periods.  Somehow, we were unable to do anything when the games meant much more to these teams or with games against teams in the hunt all season long.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I'm not sure I enjoy these cliffhangers.  If we have this much trouble with  tired, basement team, how are we going to beat the tough teams?  Honestly, these wins do nothing to make me feel any different about the team's ability to win.  We win 2 games where we were losing after 2 periods.  Somehow, we were unable to do anything when the games meant much more to these teams or with games against teams in the hunt all season long.

Oh, I agree 100% TD. My expectations are not inflated in the slightest regardless if they make the playoffs. This team is a tire fire. What entertains me right now is the improbability of getting into the playoffs and the laugh and shrug that will follow if they do!