GDT Flames vs Ducks. April 2

29 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Oh, I agree 100% TD. My expectations are not inflated in the slightest regardless if they make the playoffs. This team is a tire fire. What entertains me right now is the improbability of getting into the playoffs and the laugh and shrug that will follow if they do! 

That is kind of where I am now. It is just a show now. The wrong kind of entertainment, as I don't care whether they win or lose, just see what happens. 

they've been saying it's a team that has underperformed. So they make it be like, see, told you.

19 hours ago, robrob74 said:

That is kind of where I am now. It is just a show now. The wrong kind of entertainment, as I don't care whether they win or lose, just see what happens. 

they've been saying it's a team that has underperformed. So they make it be like, see, told you.

It's so weird.  We probably have more dispersed scoring and PP success than last year.  No one player is achieving what we did last year.  We don't have 130 goals from the top line.  We have about 50 less goals from the combination of players that made up the top line.  Right now, we are 50 goals less for as a team form the total last year.

Right now, we are about 38 more goals against than the total from last year.  Expect that to end up about 50 more by end of season.  We know that goaltending has been crap.  I can't blame the lack of excitement on goaltending directly, but it sure changes the game when down one or two early on.  I would say that there is little change when down by one or up by one.  Other teams play leads differently.  Suffice to say, we would see better results with league average goaltending, but the game style does not make it very exciting.  NJ clutch and grab era exciting.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

It's so weird.  We probably have more dispersed scoring and PP success than last year.  No one player is achieving what we did last year.  We don't have 130 goals from the top line.  We have about 50 less goals from the combination of players that made up the top line.  Right now, we are 50 goals less for as a team form the total last year.

Right now, we are about 38 more goals against than the total from last year.  Expect that to end up about 50 more by end of season.  We know that goaltending has been crap.  I can't blame the lack of excitement on goaltending directly, but it sure changes the game when down one or two early on.  I would say that there is little change when down by one or up by one.  Other teams play leads differently.  Suffice to say, we would see better results with league average goaltending, but the game style does not make it very exciting.  NJ clutch and grab era exciting.

i think it depends how good the team is with leads. Leads tend to force other teams out of their plan or push them to try harder and that changes dynamics on their part as well. 

the other night was a weird game. I get Cross saying it should never have been how it ended because our goaltending was crap. But the team breaks down too.

13 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

i think it depends how good the team is with leads. Leads tend to force other teams out of their plan or push them to try harder and that changes dynamics on their part as well. 

the other night was a weird game. I get Cross saying it should never have been how it ended because our goaltending was crap. But the team breaks down too.

I don't think we are any worse at making mistakes than any other team.  We just end up scooping the puck out of the net after.  The 3rd goal was a bad line change but still had numbers.  The 4th goal against wasn't even a breakdown.  Teams get scored on those goals all the time.  Goalie should have been in a better position.