Matthew Coronato

Thebrewcrew

1 minute ago, pikey7883 said:

Sorry I’m late to the party but couldn’t find the info any where. With Coronato’s ELC now signed, what are his or our options next year?

1. Can he return to Harvard? If yes, is he paid as being in the minors? 

2. Can he play in the AHL? Is he waiver exempt to be sent up and down throughout the year?

1. He can no longer play in NCAA since he has signed a contract.  Cannot be paid while playing in NCAA.

2. He can no longer play in the AHL this season due to roster freezes.  He can play in the AHL next season and he will be waiver exempt.

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

1. He can no longer play in NCAA since he has signed a contract.  Cannot be paid while playing in NCAA.

2. He can no longer play in the AHL this season due to roster freezes.  He can play in the AHL next season and he will be waiver exempt.

I thought those were the answers, thanks for clarifying.

Knowing that, for the development of our young guys, why not have two lines on the farm of:

Pelletier - Ruzie - Coronato

Phillips (if he’ll stay) - Zary - Schwindt

then use some of the seasoned AHL guys to round out that roster, guys like Jones and McLain, Posipisil, Klapka, maybe Kerins comes in and makes some noise. 

It also gives us another look and more development of our D, put Kuz and Poirier together.  
And let wolf run the table with this young core of guys, who will be over ripened with maybe an AHL title under their belts, I’m pretty sure that was Detroits model for a long time.

22 minutes ago, pikey7883 said:

I thought those were the answers, thanks for clarifying.

Knowing that, for the development of our young guys, why not have two lines on the farm of:

Pelletier - Ruzie - Coronato

Phillips (if he’ll stay) - Zary - Schwindt

then use some of the seasoned AHL guys to round out that roster, guys like Jones and McLain, Posipisil, Klapka, maybe Kerins comes in and makes some noise. 

It also gives us another look and more development of our D, put Kuz and Poirier together.  
And let wolf run the table with this young core of guys, who will be over ripened with maybe an AHL title under their belts, I’m pretty sure that was Detroits model for a long time.

It is too bad Coronato cannot play AHL until next year. The playoffs would be great for him right now, not only for his development, but also to get to know the other soon to be team mates.

Maybe they can have him practice with them through the summer? Do some scouting for the team from the rafters to get to know the style of play from above? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

It is too bad Coronato cannot play AHL until next year. The playoffs would be great for him right now, not only for his development, but also to get to know the other soon to be team mates.

Maybe they can have him practice with them through the summer? Do some scouting for the team from the rafters to get to know the style of play from above? 

It's rough to try to join a completed team.  Unlike the 3 we sent down, he knows nobody and has played AHL hockey with none of the team.  The guys that won deserve to play.  For some that is their career.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Going to play at the Worlds for Team USA

Perfect.  Up until this point, we've only seen him in 1-game against pros.  This Worlds tourney should further help us see what Coronato is made of... and could allow us to either make room for him in October or play him in AHL for a full season.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Perfect.  Up until this point, we've only seen him in 1-game against pros.  This Worlds tourney should further help us see what Coronato is made of... and could allow us to either make room for him in October or play him in AHL for a full season.

The US is fast becoming the standard for doing it right. We're signing the Lucic's up and established guys. Blockchain that. And Blockchain the insurance premiums. That's a great stage for the up and comers. We should be showcasing our top prospects, not millionaires that already have everything handed to them.

A case of who is the insurance provider as I understand it. It gets expensive. Who is paying?

I can't pretend I know a lot about it, but I do remember reading that it's a growing concern.

Judging by the US roster, that's a whole lot less money insurance-wise.

Love seeing Coronato and Mazur is all that matters to me.lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_People1 said:

Perfect.  Up until this point, we've only seen him in 1-game against pros.  This Worlds tourney should further help us see what Coronato is made of... and could allow us to either ruin his development and career in October or play him in AHL for a full season.

fixed :)

I think we already know which one the Flames will choose given their first rounder track history.  Was a little unsure myself until Dutter left, but yeah.  Just insert appropriate yes-men into the necessary GM and coaching roles, and away we go.

6 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

fixed :)

I think we already know which one the Flames will choose given their first rounder track history.  Was a little unsure myself until Dutter left, but yeah.  Just insert appropriate yes-men into the necessary GM and coaching roles, and away we go.

We should have that goalie you championed. Washisname.

And that best prospect you loved. Washisname.

Yeah.

You should maybe be careful about being too critical. You've been terrible.lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

We should have that goalie you championed. Washisname.

And that best prospect you loved. Washisname.

Yeah.

You should maybe be careful about being too critical. You've been terrible.lol

If you're trying to come up with an arguement about how terrible my criticisms are, 

You might want to consider something other than examples of when I was supportive.  Like, you weren't able to find a criticism that I was wrong on in the last 15 years?

Looks desperate ;)   

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

If you're trying to come up with an arguement about how terrible my criticisms are, 

You might want to consider something other than examples of when I was supportive.  Like, you weren't able to find a criticism that I was wrong on in the last 15 years?

Looks desperate ;)   

I gotta admit. The smug replies are a little much for me sometimes. 🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjgallow said:

Looks desperate ;)   

You claimed Francis was our top prospect, well above Wolf and Pelletier wasn't close.

Francis isn't even at the level of Phillips.

Which is what I believe he was talking about.

And Ortio.

I know you know.

Did we ruin Monahan, Tkachuk, Bennett, Gaudreau or Valimaki by playing them too soon?

Maybe they turned out just fine.

Maybe we gave up when they were down in the lineup.

Maybe we had an a-hole coach that drove most or all of them away?

Who knows.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

You claimed Francis was our top prospect, well above Wolf and Pelletier wasn't close.

Francis isn't even at the level of Phillips.

Which is what I believe he was talking about.

And Ortio.

I know you know.

Did we ruin Monahan, Tkachuk, Bennett, Gaudreau or Valimaki by playing them too soon?

Maybe they turned out just fine.

Maybe we gave up when they were down in the lineup.

Maybe we had an a-hole coach that drove most or all of them away?

Who knows.

ok look.   the lot of you are notorious revisionists and I never call you out on it because I try to be nice, this is just for fun after all.

Almost everything you and conundrumed said above is...wrong.  wrong wrong.  Love you both, but it is.

I go along with it at times because I can take a punch and don't mind it in the name of fun.   Lord knows few on here can handle criticism, any time I even hint at going back in the posts to look at track records, people's heads explode.   Hard to argue with people who lose their minds when I have the audacity to pull up actual things they said.  

But since that's how it is, I'll answer without showing some of the ridiculously embarrassing things other human beings have said on here over the years, who happen to think it's okay to do that with me (it actually is), but can't handle it themselves.

sure let's play that game of only looking at my archives.

Now, again:  The theory here is that I shouldn't criticise  because there were times that I was supportive and then the player I supported didn't end up in the all-star game.

Because that's sound logic, right?  Sure it is, let's go with that.  And let's ignore everyone else's past because any time we look at that we have a major incident on here.  Sure.

Things I ACTUALLY said about Francis, lol:

I do agree with you that Pelletier is a candidate for being our top prospect right now, but not that this is a good thing, it's actually of great concern. 

I'm not super excited about Ryan Francis either

Is Pelletier one of our top prospects?  Yes.

Right so, in May 2021 I first start mentioning Francis, very casually, about how I'm not super excited about him.

Fanatics on here lose their minds out of shear Pelletier love.  I guess.  Weird, but that's how this all starts.

And yes I am positive about Francis, I do also agree that he, like Pelletier, is a dark horse.   But he has that RHS going for  him.

Ooooh...whoopty do.   Called them both dark horses in August 2021.  2023, they're both still dark horses.  

Sorry.  But they are.

And yes.  I said Francis is slightly bigger than Pelletier.   because...guess what:  He is. lol.  But whatever makes everyone happy.

I think we should start talking more about this guy.

One could say that most of the above can be misleading.   Ok, fair.  Except for the RHS.   We have a straight path to the NHL for anyone who can come anywhere close to filling that position so on those grounds alone, I think Francis is a more interesting prospect than any forward we have except Coronato.

So let's get our facts straight.

I say he might be our #2 most interesting forward prospect (not including goalies), ONLY because there isn't much competition.  Especially at RW.

Interpretation:

"How can you say that Francis is our #1 prospect of all time, you  Dastard!"

lol.

Yeah sorry?    I guess.         My favorite part of the whole thing is the arguement in there about how gigantic Pelletier actually is in person.  Like I never thought I'd have a standoff on here about who's had the closest physical contact with a prospect.

Look our prospects suck man.  Did then, do now.  That was my point then, that's my point now.  Sure, we can blame Sutter.  And we can blame the coach next year too.  Whatevs.  I don't mind.  But would be cool if we stopped handing out our first rounders is all.  Then maybe we wouldn't have to spend so much time arguing about our 3rd and 6th rounders.  who knows.

So yeah.  Happy to compare records with other experts on here but I already know that ends with someone handling it extremely poorly.   Apologies to "bring up old posts", and interfere with a couple of you convincing each other that I said Francis was our best prospect lol.  

• 4 weeks later...

I was happy to see Corontato put up some points and show he is a capable player I hope he will be another Mang at his best he was around the net alot and that is just what our team needs now that we gave away MrT. I don't think I will ever get over losing MrT all I can say is I hope Hubs and Weegs will make a dent in his lose. Back to Cor or shou8ld I say a coach who can ajust this team and allow our young kids to play the game. I know PPL will think I'm crazy but I hope we can sign Looch and a low price because he can help protect our kids and parhaps Phillips can hide under his wing.

We have a long road ahead of us with the arena up in the air and the draft at 16th we are at a cross roads. Who do we grab as a coach whould Iggy be to far fetch I know I have some crazy thoughts but I am a dreamer. They had Kipper on the cup run and we have I hope Wolf love the name I hope he bites them all and they become super natual lol. You must admit Looch did well as an old fart;)

1 hour ago, zima said:

I was happy to see Corontato put up some points and show he is a capable player I hope he will be another Mang at his best he was around the net alot and that is just what our team needs now that we gave away MrT. I don't think I will ever get over losing MrT all I can say is I hope Hubs and Weegs will make a dent in his lose. Back to Cor or shou8ld I say a coach who can ajust this team and allow our young kids to play the game. I know PPL will think I'm crazy but I hope we can sign Looch and a low price because he can help protect our kids and parhaps Phillips can hide under his wing.

We have a long road ahead of us with the arena up in the air and the draft at 16th we are at a cross roads. Who do we grab as a coach whould Iggy be to far fetch I know I have some crazy thoughts but I am a dreamer. They had Kipper on the cup run and we have I hope Wolf love the name I hope he bites them all and they become super natual lol. You must admit Looch did well as an old fart;)

If you are talking about Coronato, he's gonna take some time to adjust to the NHL.  I think he has the shot, just not the legs yet.  By that I mean playing a full minute at full speed.  Remember, this is going to be at 3500 feet above sea level, compare to Harvard which is like 20 feet above.  Big difference, you saw it with Huberdeau and Weegar.  Playing for the Wranglers will help, if he starts there.  

I like Lucic, but not to play a full season.  Not as a defacto 4th line player.  But Lucic doesn't want to play as a 14th forward.  Don't blame him.