GDT Flyers @ Flames Feb 20/23 *NOTE* 2pm Start

DirtyDeeds

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

This team just loves shooting themselves in the foot this year. 

what a horrible play by Zadorov. That’s not on Markstrom 

Well, it was not the typical way that Markstrom covers the lower half of the net when he is down.

Foot extended only half way across.

But the team fell apart prior.

Kadri is good for a useless penalty when we needed to mount a comeback.

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Well, it was not the typical way that Markstrom covers the lower half of the net when he is down.

Foot extended only half way across.

But the team fell apart prior.

Kadri is good for a useless penalty when we needed to mount a comeback.

Hard to play it correctly when your dman does something that dumb in front of you

Lose a game they just simply could not afford to and lost in in pretty horrible fashion. Just an awful loss. 

no matter waiting for them to tell you, you know what your team is no and there is no way you can justify adding at the deadline. The flames should sell all of their UFAs, fill the spots with kids and see what happens. Isn’t going to get worse than this. 

if they can add a piece that more sense this year and beyond then sure but they should be nowhere near any rental players. 

Them start getting an idea of who yon want to coach the team next year because Sutter isn’t going to get this team anywhere imo. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Hard to play it correctly when your dman does something that dumb in front of you

Oh, I know.  It just looked more feeble than he normally is on the goal line.

I don't know why we play to tie when we can't even prevent a goal after dominating for most of the period.  It's just so hard to watch this team.  The team gives up after the Flyers go up on a easy goal.  Then they start playing again after they get one.  Then they tie and fall back into some kind of broken shell.  

Lose a game they just simply could not afford to and lost in in pretty horrible fashion. Just an awful loss. 

no matter waiting for them to tell you, you know what your team is no and there is no way you can justify adding at the deadline. The flames should sell all of their UFAs, fill the spots with kids and see what happens. Isn’t going to get worse than this. 

After this game, this ^^^^, 100%. This club is an absolute tire fire. They can blow smoke all you want about this cub, they are the largest disappointment of the year, that title the own. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

After this game, this ^^^^, 100%. This club is an absolute tire fire. They can blow smoke all you want about this cub, they are the largest disappointment of the year, that title the own. 

Depends on your expectations. 

Funny me is they are only about 6-7 points beyond where I’d thought they’d be. For this tram to do something this year it was going to be a team that peaked late. That isn’t happening so therefore the decision is clear 

if they can add a piece that more sense this year and beyond then sure but they should be nowhere near any rental players. 

Them start getting an idea of who yon want to coach the team next year because Sutter isn’t going to get this team anywhere imo. 

Well, it would seem that we have the wrong coach, no doubt.  Since we do have a lot of players with multi year deals, we will be hard pressed to sell any of them.  I suggested trading for Meier, because we need something to base this team off.  I would be fine is giving up players for him just to have a new baseline for next season.  Nothing about this team under Sutter suggest we can win this year, so let him sinl with it.  We replace him and maybe we have new players step up.  

I form this opinion since I don't see anything positive about the way our line are.

Some good players, just can't put together 2 games where they are that guy.

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Funny me is they are only about 6-7 points beyond where I’d thought they’d be. For this tram to do something this year it was going to be a team that peaked late. That isn’t happening so therefore the decision is clear 

They have a very good ability to find ways to lose and can not find a way to win. One player that needs to go is Hanifin he has been a train wreck for awhile now. 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

You just know that we will lose at least one in the B2B, then beat COL and BOS.  And that leaves BT in that mushy middle where he doesn't know what to do.  Can't trade the coach.  Can't help the players have more confidence in goaltending.  Can't turn it into a fun dressing room, since that would get away from all business from the coach.  Can't give away futures for a player that probably doesn't play Sutter hockey.  

Why are teams able to pass through our D on 2-on-1s with so much success?  Goalies have no chance.  Doesn't even matter if it's Tanev or Andersson, our D attacks the puck carrier who always just passes to the open man and scores.  Shouldn't the D just take the pass and leaves the shot to the Goalie?

Zadorov is the worst I find.  Total fail defending 2-on-1.  It might as well be a 2-on-0.

2 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Why are teams able to pass through our D on 2-on-1s with so much success?  Goalies have no chance.  Doesn't even matter if it's Tanev or Andersson, our D attacks the puck carrier who always just passes to the open man and scores.  Shouldn't the D just take the pass and leaves the shot to the Goalie?

Zadorov is the worst I find.  Total fail defending 2-on-1.  It might as well be a 2-on-0.

Okay, not 2 on 1 related, but I think it's the structure.  Man on man.  Pull a switch and we lose it.

Happened to Hanifin and Ras, but it's not isolated.

But about 2 on 1, we get burned on it but can't execute one ourselves.

I can understand why they don't give the shooter to the goalie.

We can't even trust the goalie to make the obvious save.

9 hours ago, The_People1 said:

The Hanifin-Andersson pairing hasn't been good defensively this year. This isn't a new thing. Konecny played their switch off perfectly. It was a 1-on-2 and they'd have been better to not switch. It only served to confuse Markstrom. Plus Andersson should have never let that play form, he looked gassed from the second Konecny got the puck. I know Konecny's fast (former Sting), but Andersson had zero jump, though still could have kept him to the outside without the switch. This team gives me a headache.

I'm going to the goatending thread.

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

The Hanifin-Andersson pairing hasn't been good defensively this year. This isn't a new thing. Konecny played their switch off perfectly. It was a 1-on-2 and they'd have been better to not switch. It only served to confuse Markstrom. Plus Andersson should have never let that play form, he looked gassed from the second Konecny got the puck. I know Konecny's fast (former Sting), but Andersson had zero jump, though still could have kept him to the outside without the switch. This team gives me a headache.

I'm going to the goatending thread.

No but the game winning goal.  Sort of a 2-on-1 in close and Zadorov goes to the shooter leaving his man wide open in front of the net.  Not the first time teams pass the puck right through our D leaving our goalie with no chance.

5 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

No but the game winning goal.  Sort of a 2-on-1 in close and Zadorov goes to the shooter leaving his man wide open in front of the net.  Not the first time teams pass the puck right through our D leaving our goalie with no chance.

No idea why he hit the ice. That's almost never a good play but with the play that condensed? 

Now sure i've ever seen that before but it was bizarre and brutal from Z. Felt for Markstrom on that one. 

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

No idea why he hit the ice. That's almost never a good play but with the play that condensed? 

Now sure i've ever seen that before but it was bizarre and brutal from Z. Felt for Markstrom on that one. 

When you watch the replay, you can see Markstrom turn around right away to give Zadorov the look.  You can tell Markstrom wasn't happy.

50 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

43 minutes ago, cross16 said:

The whole sequence was bizarre.  Hubey and Kadri fighting for the puck with Z close by.  It squirts loose and Hubey turns to go on offense and Kadri follows the puck but doesn't get in the zone.  Z goes to cover the puck carrier because Pelletier is being left behind.  2 F out in space, the Flames bunched up on obne side of the ice and Z makes a bad read.  He went down like it was a 2 on 1 rush and he was blocking the pass, but wasn't watching the open player at all.

I don't know I have seen one side of the ice so vacant.  Not a single Flame in the zone on that side.  Two F were still at the blueline when the puck went in, but it was a 2 on 3.

Just now, The_People1 said:

When you watch the replay, you can see Markstrom turn around right away to give Zadorov the look.  You can tell Markstrom wasn't happy.

Yeah, that was the WTF was that, why was this guy behind me fully open look.

I think he was unsure about Markstom's ability to stop the shot.

He was committed to the shooter but then tried to stop the pass.

Not effective either way.