GDT Flyers @ Flames Feb 20/23 *NOTE* 2pm Start

DirtyDeeds

23 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

The whole sequence was bizarre.  Hubey and Kadri fighting for the puck with Z close by.  It squirts loose and Hubey turns to go on offense and Kadri follows the puck but doesn't get in the zone.  Z goes to cover the puck carrier because Pelletier is being left behind.  2 F out in space, the Flames bunched up on obne side of the ice and Z makes a bad read.  He went down like it was a 2 on 1 rush and he was blocking the pass, but wasn't watching the open player at all.

I don't know I have seen one side of the ice so vacant.  Not a single Flame in the zone on that side.  Two F were still at the blueline when the puck went in, but it was a 2 on 3.

This if fair. There were multiple breakdowns and in Z's defense Pelletier got beat very easily.

But still, it was a WTF are you doing type of play. I really dislike it when players hit the ice like that. 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

This if fair. There were multiple breakdowns and in Z's defense Pelletier got beat very easily.

But still, it was a WTF are you doing type of play. I really dislike it when players hit the ice like that. 

Reminds me of the starfish that Russell used to be famous for.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Yeah, that was the WTF was that, why was this guy behind me fully open look.

I think he was unsure about Markstom's ability to stop the shot.

He was committed to the shooter but then tried to stop the pass.

Not effective either way.

Ya I mean, the Flyers player wasn't going to score from the side boards.  Zadorov needs to stay on his man and let Markstrom handle the shot from the bad angle.  

• DirtyDeeds changed the title to GDT Flyers @ Flames Feb 20/23 *NOTE* 2pm Start