GDT - Blue Jackets @ FLAMES - Mon 23 January 2022.

rocketdoctor

19 hours ago, medatswhoP said:

Why do we need to watch Mcdavid and Gretzky commercials in a non greaser hockey game.  The online betting BS I hate it in hockey games.

Add to that the fact that to bet on sports in Alberta you supposed to do it through an Alberta gaming approved betting service. 

On 1/23/2023 at 11:25 AM, CheersMan said:

JG led BT down the make-believe path for 14 months then signed with the worst team in the NHL no where near his home 13 days later after exhausting every other avenue. Goes to show you where the Flames were on his list. He always wanted to be State side preferably in the NE but would never say it because it would hurt his potential offers in FA. I have moved on, most Flame fans have moved on, but he was never 100% honest with the Flames.

I found JH gave us the gears he did not give us a chance to pull a pick out of it but I know arguing about anything on here is a waist of time. Doesn't matter what I disagree about I am wrong so I say my peace and leave it at that.

2 hours ago, zima said:

I found JH gave us the gears he did not give us a chance to pull a pick out of it but I know arguing about anything on here is a waist of time. Doesn't matter what I disagree about I am wrong so I say my peace and leave it at that.

Zima, you’ve been coming here a long time, because you enjoy the conversation about our Flames. These boards are meant for conversation and doesn’t have to be argumentative, could be opinion, hunch, fact, suggestion, BS, etc. It’s up to you if you want to carry on with a particular conversation or let it die.

Johnny looked good last night, second best player on the ice right behind Korpisalo. The Flames and fans did JG right, they gave him his tribute moment, reminded him of the great things he did here and how much this city loved him….. then booed his arse right out of town, because that’s hockey.

Johnny gave us 8 great years, but he didn’t want to be married any longer. Someone is getting hurt in a divorce. We’ve moved on.

For the record, I’m a little sceptical about drafting USA college kids too but I’d draft JG again. 

46 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

Zima, you’ve been coming here a long time, because you enjoy the conversation about our Flames. These boards are meant for conversation and doesn’t have to be argumentative, could be opinion, hunch, fact, suggestion, BS, etc. It’s up to you if you want to carry on with a particular conversation or let it die.

Johnny looked good last night, second best player on the ice right behind Korpisalo. The Flames and fans did JG right, they gave him his tribute moment, reminded him of the great things he did here and how much this city loved him….. then booed his arse right out of town, because that’s hockey.

Johnny gave us 8 great years, but he didn’t want to be married any longer. Someone is getting hurt in a divorce. We’ve moved on.

For the record, I’m a little sceptical about drafting USA college kids too but I’d draft JG again. 

Yes agreed well said.  Gaudreau screwed us over.  Extremely unprofessional what he did.   Tkachuk, on the other hand, told us early that we should break up so we didn't get false hope.  And we made a good trade.  I wouldn't boo Tkachuk at all because he left professionally and cordially but Gaudreau deserves to get boo'd.

31 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Yes agreed well said.  Gaudreau screwed us over.  Extremely unprofessional what he did.   Tkachuk, on the other hand, told us early that we should break up so we didn't get false hope.  And we made a good trade.  I wouldn't boo Tkachuk at all because he left professionally and cordially but Gaudreau deserves to get boo'd.

So now you like Weegar and Huberdeau

• Haha 1

The fact that neither of the new teams, FLA and CBJ, are better off this year as the result of a big trade or a big signing should tell you something.  The greatest players don't just get points, they help you win championships.  We had years of both players.  We did little.  Two series wins in the entire history of both of them.  JT left NY and they have more series wins since than Toronto does.  FLA, even with Tkachuk having another career season, is turning into a doormat.  

I don't know that Johnny wanted to leave because of Sutter, but I get the sense that he didn't care as much about the game as Sutter does.  You do everything the coach asks for, you leave it on the ice and at the end of the day, you don't win anything.  A single moment of glory.  The days of BC and winning meaning everything had been replaced with family.  New wife, new kid on the way.  Play at hockey and get to escape the fans at the end of the day.  

The loss of talent is immense, but I wonder if he did us all a favour.  8 years of a less intense Johnny.  Never would have been money to sign Kadri.  Mr. Intense.  We have three players that know what's needed to win playoff games.