GDT - Canucks @ Flames - NYE 2022 - 8:00PM MDT Start

Ryan Man

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Think about Kucherov.

Kyl could come back any time, he's on the reserve list.

After the TDL, you can sign or trade for players but they aren't eligible for the post season.

If you are thinking about Coronato, I (suspect) think that they can sign him nd he could play.

But I'm not sure about that one.

When we signed Gaudreau, we didn't make the playoffs.

Gaudreau signed after his jr year, for the record. Coronato's a sophomore.

The cut off for signing with a team and still being eligible to play the season ot playoffs is for players who are playing over in Europe. So I’m the case of Nylander and ROR this came into effect because they both went to Europe and played and for the flames that obviously does not apply here. 

Kylington is different because he is under contract. No rules, other than having cap and roster space, would prevent him at coming back anytime. 

With Coronato the flames could sign him after his season, he can’t sign during, and he would be eligible for playoffs. You can sign a player off your reserve list at anytime and their eligible is not affected, provided they didn’t go to Europe as i mentioned earlier. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

The cut off for signing with a team and still being eligible to play the season ot playoffs is for players who are playing over in Europe. So I’m the case of Nylander and ROR this came into effect because they both went to Europe and played and for the flames that obviously does not apply here. 

Kylington is different because he is under contract. No rules, other than having cap and roster space, would prevent him at coming back anytime. 

With Coronato the flames could sign him after his season, he can’t sign during, and he would be eligible for playoffs. You can sign a player off your reserve list at anytime and their eligible is not affected, provided they didn’t go to Europe as i mentioned earlier. 

The way Harvard is playing, I would almost expect him to be in the Final Four.

Don't know that he would be up for the Hobey, but I do think he may be a dark horse.

They did recently move him to C, so he is playing in all situations now.

Good for us for development, but position wise, not so good.

My feelings about the roster are mixed.

We have some good pieces that would help in the playoffs.

But, we also have some guys that are near the end of their careers.

And we have seen how we are reluctant to use younger players.

I get that Ruzicka is playing every game, but he's below Lucic in rotation.

It would be awesome to have a top prospect coming in for the playoffs.

But, I just don't see it happening with this roster.

Almost need a trade to shake it up.

42 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

The way Harvard is playing, I would almost expect him to be in the Final Four.

Don't know that he would be up for the Hobey, but I do think he may be a dark horse.

They did recently move him to C, so he is playing in all situations now.

Good for us for development, but position wise, not so good.

My feelings about the roster are mixed.

We have some good pieces that would help in the playoffs.

But, we also have some guys that are near the end of their careers.

And we have seen how we are reluctant to use younger players.

I get that Ruzicka is playing every game, but he's below Lucic in rotation.

It would be awesome to have a top prospect coming in for the playoffs.

But, I just don't see it happening with this roster.

Almost need a trade to shake it up.

I just read a Flames Nation article asking how on earth Lucic gets played more when Ruzicka's corsi is nearly 20% higher. Is that Ruzicka benefitting from his line mates or he driving play but not getting recognition for it?

Dube seems to be a go-getter and mover, can we put Ruzicka with him to possibly make it contagious? Dube goes and Ruzicka has to follow? 

I don't want to blender the lines too often, but Lucic in the lineup isn't terrible, but there are better options and coach is really just pissing me off now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

I just read a Flames Nation article asking how on earth Lucic gets played more when Ruzicka's corsi is nearly 20% higher. Is that Ruzicka benefitting from his line mates or he driving play but not getting recognition for it?

Dube seems to be a go-getter and mover, can we put Ruzicka with him to possibly make it contagious? Dube goes and Ruzicka has to follow? 

I don't want to blender the lines too often, but Lucic in the lineup isn't terrible, but there are better options and coach is really just pissing me off now...

The lineup thread has given at least 3 or 4 versions that are way better.

What we have right now is Lucic sheltered with two top players.

Put him on the 4th line and perhaps they can still handle having him there.

I dunno.  I'm not convinced that Lucic does anything other than burying them in the D zone.

Does he make good passes?  Yes, but then again I would hope he could do one thing.

So, we have a lineup that can beat VAN, the Ducks, Sharks and tie the Kings.

SEA was a win, but they were thumped by a touchdown against the Oilers.

We don't have a strong set of lines.

Some good ones that click some nights.  Even maybe one that does every night.

I still feel something is missing.

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

The lineup thread has given at least 3 or 4 versions that are way better.

What we have right now is Lucic sheltered with two top players.

Put him on the 4th line and perhaps they can still handle having him there.

I dunno.  I'm not convinced that Lucic does anything other than burying them in the D zone.

Does he make good passes?  Yes, but then again I would hope he could do one thing.

So, we have a lineup that can beat VAN, the Ducks, Sharks and tie the Kings.

SEA was a win, but they were thumped by a touchdown against the Oilers.

We don't have a strong set of lines.

Some good ones that click some nights.  Even maybe one that does every night.

I still feel something is missing.

I think the feeling that something is missing is the general consensus and some feel it's a 2nd line C, or a top6 RW and a bottom 4/5/6 D that can defend.

I'd see if we can sit Tanev out until he is 100% healthy to be sure to have him in the playoffs and hope the D can adjust and survive without him. If we can stilL make the playoffs and then add him come season's end and playoffs it's like a trade at the deadline.

We know we need him for a long run. in my opinion, him being 100% healthy is the only way he can withstand the grind. He can play through pain, but maybe best to start the playoffs without any. 

we might have to give up on Kylington. Maybe that head first tumble took more toll on him than we and even he thought. We all know he wasn't the same after that. I'd look to add a 5/6D or start grooming a Wrangler for that spot. Have them Sutter ready for the playoffs.

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I'd see if we can sit Tanev out until he is 100% healthy to be sure to have him in the playoffs and hope the D can adjust and survive without him. If we can stilL make the playoffs and then add him come season's end and playoffs it's like a trade at the deadline.

We know we need him for a long run. in my opinion, him being 100% healthy is the only way he can withstand the grind. He can play through pain, but maybe best to start the playoffs without any. 

we might have to give up on Kylington. Maybe that head first tumble took more toll on him than we and even he thought. We all know he wasn't the same after that. I'd look to add a 5/6D or start grooming a Wrangler for that spot. Have them Sutter ready for the playoffs.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with Tanev.  Every player at some time has an injury.

I don't think Tanev's was that serious.  

No way can you justify an IR.

Kyl isn't missing due to injury.  Personal time related to his family.

Beyond that, no idea.

But, I do think we should be bringing in a Poirier or Meloche or Kuz or Mackey or whatever.

Stone has one or two good things that he does.

Most of the time he's a liability in our zone or on the backcheck.