GDT - Canucks @ Flames - NYE 2022 - 8:00PM MDT Start

Ryan Man

6 minutes ago, flames for life said:

I thought the first 2 periods were some of Calgary’s more complete periods.  They were in total control on ok and 5 on 5.  They still looks like a work in progress, improving, but still in progress.

Dube impressed me more every game!  Tenacious!!  Getting better along the boards.

They give up the ice as soon as they have a lead after 2.

It was hanging on and a better team would have killed us.

3 minutes ago, flames for life said:

I thought the first 2 periods were some of Calgary’s more complete periods.  They were in total control on ok and 5 on 5.  They still looks like a work in progress, improving, but still in progress.

Dube impressed me more every game!  Tenacious!!  Getting better along the boards.

Dube is definitely the hardest worker. Some games it seems like he's the only one who gaf.

Still waiting for my rr Dube to arrive.

Bought a Sharks Meier one too.

I feel like Yzerman will trade Bertuzzi and others and go after Meier in FA.

Didn’t love the 3rd period. Thought the flames coasted a little and weren’t as sharp in the details. Still overal a pretty solid game. Bad bounce on the 1st Canucks goal and then a poor play by Hanifin on the 2nd or the flames win this one comfortably. 

it would be nice to see them start to win a few comfortably 

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Didn’t love the 3rd period. Thought the flames coasted a little and weren’t as sharp in the details. Still overal a pretty solid game. Bad bounce on the 1st Canucks goal and then a poor play by Hanifin on the 2nd or the flames win this one comfortably. 

it would be nice to see them start to win a few comfortably 

Hanifin has airhead moments...I just don't know what to think of him. He's scattered. Take the good with the dumb/lazy?

40 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Hanifin has airhead moments...I just don't know what to think of him. He's scattered. Take the good with the dumb/lazy?

think you have to at this point. He is what he is imo. Overal he is a good dman just not great. 

Happy new year all. Wishing you all the best in 2023

• Like 1

8 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I think the only one that can mitigate the dumb play is Tanev.

Every year it seems to be Tanev, part of the best shutdown pair on the Flames.

So we give Weegar Tanev.  Awesome, but we have holes.

I might consider Weegar with Ras and Hanifin-Tanev.

Really, we have a 3rd pairing hole.

Kylington needs to play soon or we get a 3rd pair D or we try out Meloche (or Poirier, whatever).

9 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I think the only one that can mitigate the dumb play is Tanev.

Every year it seems to be Tanev, part of the best shutdown pair on the Flames.

So we give Weegar Tanev.  Awesome, but we have holes.

I might consider Weegar with Ras and Hanifin-Tanev.

Really, we have a 3rd pairing hole.

Kylington needs to play soon or we get a 3rd pair D or we try out Meloche (or Poirier, whatever).

When is the cut off. Or is there a cut off for him to not play and be eligible for the playoffs. I guess that's just contract status and not playing actual games. 

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

When is the cut off. Or is there a cut off for him to not play and be eligible for the playoffs. I guess that's just contract status and not playing actual games. 

Think about Kucherov.

Kyl could come back any time, he's on the reserve list.

After the TDL, you can sign or trade for players but they aren't eligible for the post season.

If you are thinking about Coronato, I (suspect) think that they can sign him nd he could play.

But I'm not sure about that one.

When we signed Gaudreau, we didn't make the playoffs.