GDT - Flames @ Kraken - December 28, 2022 - 8:00PM MDT Start

Ryan Man

14 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Please somebody tell me that Lucic does more than fill out a line.

IMHO, he is lucky to get a touch on the puck.

Mostly he gives it to Kadri or Hubey.

In front of the net and we have greasy chances, he gets no touch at all.

As I said, somebody tell me something positive, so I can get off his case.

I’m asking myself the same thing every time i see him out there. What am i missing? All i see is him fumble the puck in his feet every time it comes near him. On one play, i’m pretty sure Kadri passed to Weegar, the less ideal play, because he saw that his other option was Lucic (who was actually in a better scoring position than Weegar).

On 12/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, travel_dude said:

We go on a stretch where we play less games.  2 days breaks.  The teams like COL and SEA will catch up in games played.  You do need to win the games like this against Pacific teams.  VAN is a huge game too,  But winning against the bubble and teams in the playoff range are key.

But anyway, it's good to see Hubey start to get reqarded for some of the chances he gets.  I did notice him reducing the number of passes, which is a good thing.  He still has an annoying habit of backtracking once he gains the zone.  In those cases he's falling more or turning over the puck.  I don't get why he does it, because he can hang onto the puck with ease.  Difficult to strip him of the puck.  When he forces a pass is when it normally happens. 

some have mentioned that's what Mangiapane has been doing too, the stop and look thing. I don't understand why. Is it the way the Flames want to play? 

15 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

some have mentioned that's what Mangiapane has been doing too, the stop and look thing. I don't understand why. Is it the way the Flames want to play? 

I think he's trying to find the options as opposed to driving the play forward.

Maybe stems from lacking confidence in his game.

Hubey does it.

I think if he sticks with Backlund, it will change.