GDT - Flames @ Kraken - December 28, 2022 - 8:00PM MDT Start

Ryan Man

Please somebody tell me that Lucic does more than fill out a line.

IMHO, he is lucky to get a touch on the puck.

Mostly he gives it to Kadri or Hubey.

In front of the net and we have greasy chances, he gets no touch at all.

As I said, somebody tell me something positive, so I can get off his case.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Pretty good win. Wasn’t great in the first half but they were very good once it became 2-2. 

thst was an impressive 3rd. Kraken really had no ice out there. Smothering forecheck from the Flames. 

Was good to see them get a win in some part of a B2B.  I think this may be just the 2nd time all season we won game 2 of a B2B.  The first being last week against the Ducks.

7 hours ago, cross16 said:

It’s pretty unreal how many pucks Huberdeau can keep alive simply by winning physical battles. 

That's his game big time. He's at his best playing angry. Hopefully he'll start putting the team on his shoulders because it motivates everyone. Just has to get completely comfortable with the systems, then insert his play into it.

I'll be shocked if he doesn't finish the season ppg+. He's just too good of a player.

That was a huge win.

A coupla bounces in the LA and Oilers game and we'd be right there with LA chasing down Vegas. We'll get there.

Just score some goals for Markstrom too.

We go on a stretch where we play less games.  2 days breaks.  The teams like COL and SEA will catch up in games played.  You do need to win the games like this against Pacific teams.  VAN is a huge game too,  But winning against the bubble and teams in the playoff range are key.

But anyway, it's good to see Hubey start to get reqarded for some of the chances he gets.  I did notice him reducing the number of passes, which is a good thing.  He still has an annoying habit of backtracking once he gains the zone.  In those cases he's falling more or turning over the puck.  I don't get why he does it, because he can hang onto the puck with ease.  Difficult to strip him of the puck.  When he forces a pass is when it normally happens.