GDT - Kraken @ FLAMES - Tues 1 November 2022.

rocketdoctor

49 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

TBH I hope they have to fight for every point they get this year. With last season and the purple gatorade season we've all seen what happens when the team clinches early and becomes the "favorite" in the west. I'd like to see them have to battle to the end for seeding and then carry the momentum into the playoffs.

Worth noting the team that won the cup finished the regular season 1-5-1, while the Flames last 7 were 4-1-2.  Momentum heading into the playoffs is a little overrated.  I think the round 1 luck of the draw played a role as the Flames got an experienced playoff team with an emerging goalie and Colorado got a Nashville team without Saros who was the main reason they were in that position to begin with. 

2 hours ago, robrob74 said:

i get that the Flames teams every year are different, but this D has been prone to those turnovers, and for whatever reason, regardless of the goalie or the players involved, they've bitten us in the Hash Rate more than most. It might be that i don't watch other teams that often anymore due to wanting more of a life with others who aren't into hockey, so I don't see that this is a problem across the league? It tightens up in the playoffs because I don't see the other teams having that problem... although. I do see turnovers that the Flames can capitalize on, I just see the difference lies in the goals for and against where it seems the turnovers and transition goals seem to cost the Flames more. Maybe it actually doesn't, but just from eye views it seems that way....

objects in the mirror are closer than they appear? 

I wonder if what you're getting at is teams playing more are getting into the rhythms of the season and not playing isn't getting the team to gel the same way as other teams have. 

i worry that we got some wins when the teams are only just starting to become or grow into themselves, we are still working out who fits with who and where the chemistry lies. And once teams start actually caring about hockey and the separation between the top and bottom of the league becomes clearer, will we be running on all cylinders by then? By point percentage I think we are now third in the division.

Actually, as I read your thoughts regarding the turnovers, I was reminded that this was where Kylington was a blessing.  His quick speed helped last year because when neutral zone turnovers occurred if he was on the ice, he had the speed to get on the player and recover the puck or break up the play.  Have to be honest, I am missing the guy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, flames for life said:

Actually, as I read your thoughts regarding the turnovers, I was reminded that this was where Kylington was a blessing.  His quick speed helped last year because when neutral zone turnovers occurred if he was on the ice, he had the speed to get on the player and recover the puck or break up the play.  Have to be honest, I am missing the guy.

the weird thing is, Hanifin is supposed to have that speed. For whatever reason i think it takes a split second for him to realize and it's that length of time it takes to have the ability to recover. 

18 hours ago, flames for life said:

Kylington also had the 2nd highest turnover rate on the Flames blueline last year and 5th highest on the team.